Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk comparison with variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk comparison with variable Post 302351202 by ripat on Monday 7th of September 2009 02:07:27 PM
Old 09-07-2009
Hello,

Check this User guide:
The GNU Awk User's Guide

Translated for your problem:
Code:
awk -F" " -v d1="$d1" -v d2="$d2" '$1==d1"-"d2"-2009" {print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable comparison

Hello, I am trying to compare two variables, which both have a word stored in it. The code I am using is. Please tell me which one of these is correct.Or please tell me the correct syntax. Thankyou if then if then if then if then if then None of them seems to work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freakhan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple comparison in awk

I have an input file. Each line in it has several characters. If the first three characters of the line is '000' or '001' or '002' or '003', I need to print it in output. How can I do this in awk. I am able to do if the search string is only one (let us say 000). cat <filename> | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paruthiveeran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable comparison

Can anyone help me with this section of code? The scenario is a value drops from A to B or A to C or B to C. If it drops from A to B or B to C, we print "Drop one level" If it drops from A to C, we print "Dropped two levels". The problem is script is throwing error when comparing variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison between variable and regexp

Hi all, How I could compare variable and regexp? For example... I am running the script ./aaa.sh -b * * is variable $2 (second argument of script). I would compare variables $a (generated from my cycle) and $2 as regexp. I need from regular expression find file that satisfies this regexp.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koblenc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk multiple variable array: comparison

Foo.txt 20 40 57 50 22 51 66 26 17 15 63 18 80 46 78 99 87 2 14 14 51 47 49 100 58 Bar.txt 20 22 51 15 63 78 99 55 51 58 How to get output using awk 20 22 57 50 51 15 26 17 63 78 80 46 99 55 - - 51 58 49 100 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange variable comparison result in awk

So, I'm making a little awk script that generates a range-based histogram of a set of numbers. I've stumbled onto a strange thing. Toward the end of the process, I have this test: if ( bindex < s ) "bindex" is the "index" of my "bin" (the array element that gets incremented whenever a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison and editing of files using awk.(And also a possible bug in awk for loop?)

I have two files which I would like to compare and then manipulate in a way. File1: pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2: pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk comparison

Hello all, Probably a very simple question, I am stuck with a small part of a code: I am trying to do a comparison to get the maximum value of column 6 if columns 1, 4 and 5 of two or more rows match. Here is what I am doing: awk -F'\t' '{if ($6 > a)a=$6}END{for (i in a) print i"\t"a}' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable comparison in 'if' with a string.

Hi All, I want to compare the variable value with string in a shell script. my code is: for var in $packsName do if then echo $var fi done But I am getting error as: ABC : not found. Am I going wrong somwhere? please guide. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AB10
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if comparison with variable

Hi , Need help, p for value in `awk -F, '{print $1 }' ad | uniq` do x=$(echo $value) echo $x echo `awk -F, '{if( $1 == $x) sum = sum + $8 } END{print sum}' ad` --- not working echo `awk -F, '{if($1 == “MT”) sum = sum + $8 } END{print sum}' ad` -- Working but hard coded done; ad... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
4 Replies
gnutls_pkcs11_obj_export_url(3) 				      gnutls					   gnutls_pkcs11_obj_export_url(3)

NAME
gnutls_pkcs11_obj_export_url - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/pkcs11.h> int gnutls_pkcs11_obj_export_url(gnutls_pkcs11_obj_t obj, gnutls_pkcs11_url_type_t detailed, char ** url); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_pkcs11_obj_t obj Holds the PKCS 11 certificate gnutls_pkcs11_url_type_t detailed non zero if a detailed URL is required char ** url will contain an allocated url DESCRIPTION
This function will export a URL identifying the given certificate. RETURNS
On success, GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS (0) is returned, otherwise a negative error value. SINCE
2.12.0 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_pkcs11_obj_export_url(3)