Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script encrypt a file using gpg Post 302351194 by Deepakbabu on Monday 7th of September 2009 01:06:21 PM
Old 09-07-2009
shell script encrypt a file using gpg

Hi,

I have a requirement to encrypt a file using gpg with a public key. However when i encrypt a file, i get a question like 'Do you want to go ahead with unverified user?' . when i press 'y' file is encrypted.
I am not able to automate this job because of this interactive mode. Could someone please let me know the way i can encrypt the file using shell script by suppressing the interactive nature. so that by default it should just encrypt the file irrespective of any interactive questions.

Thanks
Deepak

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to encrypt my shell script program in linux

for security purpose I want to encrypt my shell script program.please give me some idea immediately. I have already try SHC in my server but after using SHC server hang problem is occured. kindly provide me solution for that. akm (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akm9999
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Decrypt a GPG file through shell script

Hi, I'm trying to decrypt a gpg file thorugh a shell script. But i' could'nt. My script is , -sh-3.1$ cat test_gpg.sh #!/bin/ksh echo " Hello, iam testing GPG" gpg prabhu.txt.gpg <<EOF prompt prabhu EOF exit 0 The file i'm trying to decrypt is prabhu.txt.gpg and my passphrase is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set password/encrypt a shell script

Hi, I have written a shell script in unix for my customer. Now I want to make it only execute and not to read/write. Can anybody help me how to set password protect/encript my script. Thanks Suresh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to encrypt a password in shell script

Hi, I have run the below script which is connected to db2 v9.5. There is no issue. The only problem is how to encrypt the dbpwd? #!/bin/ksh #---- Set Environment dbalias="dev1db" dbuser="user1" dbpwd="password" #---- Connect to the Database cd /opt/ibm/db2/V9.5/bin db2 "connect to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt shell script

Hi, We have some scripts which will run in other project..So the requirement is that we dont want that they should see our code though they can run it. I have done some searching about how to encrypt the shell script and found SHC utillity as the answer. Can anybody please suggest how will... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt Password file and decrypt in a shell script

Hi All, I have stored Oracle database passwords in a hidden file - .pass_file. My shell script reads the hidden file, gets the password and then logs in to the Oracle database and runs some SQL script. My requirement is: I need to provide the shell script to be executed by someone else. So,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt a password in shell script

Hi All, very good morning all. I am trying to connect to informatica repository by using shell script. I have written pmrep connect command in the script file. But i need to provide repository, domain ,username and password to connect. Username and password are hard coded in the script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use gpg to encrypt data in batch/non-interactive mode?

Hello, I have to encrypt data using a script in batch mode without being prompted. I can successfully encrypt data but it prompts me to enter (y/N) as shown below. I tried batch flags without no success. I need to automate this without any prompts. Appreciate your inputs. Thanks, C. $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt the password in a Shell Script

Hello, I have the following UNIX shell script which connects to the teradata database and executes the SQL Queries. For this, I am passing database name, username and password. I don't want to reveal my password to anyone. So, is there any way that I can encrypt my password and read the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to encrypt the xls file using executable jar in Linux SUSE 11.4

Dear Experts, I am an ERP consultant and would like to learn shell script. We are working on Linux SUSE 11.4 and I am very new to shell scripting. We can manually encrypt an excel file using "executable jar" through command prompt by placing the jar file & the file to be encrypted on a physical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nithin226
1 Replies
Mail::GnuPG(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Mail::GnuPG(3pm)

NAME
Mail::GnuPG - Process email with GPG. SYNOPSIS
use Mail::GnuPG; my $mg = new Mail::GnuPG( key => 'ABCDEFGH' ); $ret = $mg->mime_sign( $MIMEObj, 'you@my.dom' ); DESCRIPTION
Use GnuPG::Interface to process or create PGP signed or encrypted email. new Create a new Mail::GnuPG instance. Arguments: Paramhash... key => gpg key id keydir => gpg configuration/key directory passphrase => primary key password use_agent => use gpg-agent if non-zero always_trust => always trust a public key # FIXME: we need more things here, maybe primary key id. decrypt Decrypt an encrypted message Input: MIME::Entity containing email message to decrypt. The message can either be in RFC compliant-ish multipart/encrypted format, or just a single part ascii armored message. Output: On Failure: Exit code of gpg. (0 on success) On Success: (just encrypted) (0, undef, undef) On success: (signed and encrypted) ( 0, keyid, # ABCDDCBA emailaddress # Foo Bar <foo@bar.com> ) where the keyid is the key that signed it, and emailaddress is full name and email address of the primary uid $self->{last_message} => any errors from gpg $self->{plaintext} => plaintext output from gpg $self->{decrypted} => parsed output as MIME::Entity get_decrypt_key determines the decryption key (and corresponding mail) of a message Input: MIME::Entity containing email message to analyze. The message can either be in RFC compliant-ish multipart/signed format, or just a single part ascii armored message. Output: $key -- decryption key $mail -- corresponding mail address verify verify a signed message Input: MIME::Entity containing email message to verify. The message can either be in RFC compliant-ish multipart/signed format, or just a single part ascii armored message. Note that MIME-encoded data should be supplied unmodified inside the MIME::Entity input message, otherwise the signature will be broken. Since MIME-tools version 5.419, this can be achieved with the C<decode_bodies> method of MIME::Parser. See the MIME::Parser documentation for more information. Output: On error: Exit code of gpg. (0 on success) On success ( 0, keyid, # ABCDDCBA emailaddress # Foo Bar <foo@bar.com> ) where the keyid is the key that signed it, and emailaddress is full name and email address of the primary uid $self->{last_message} => any errors from gpg has_public_key Does the keyring have a public key for the specified email address? FIXME: document better. talk about caching. maybe put a better interface in. mime_sign sign an email message Input: MIME::Entity containing email message to sign Output: Exit code of gpg. (0 on success) $self->{last_message} => any errors from gpg The provided $entity will be signed. (i.e. it _will_ be modified.) clear_sign clearsign the body of an email message Input: MIME::Entity containing email message to sign. This entity MUST have a body. Output: Exit code of gpg. (0 on success) $self->{last_message} => any errors from gpg The provided $entity will be signed. (i.e. it _will_ be modified.) ascii_encrypt encrypt an email message body using ascii armor Input: MIME::Entity containing email message to encrypt. This entity MUST have a body. list of recipients Output: Exit code of gpg. (0 on success) $self->{last_message} => any errors from gpg The provided $entity will be encrypted. (i.e. it _will_ be modified.) ascii_signencrypt encrypt and sign an email message body using ascii armor Input: MIME::Entity containing email message to encrypt. This entity MUST have a body. list of recipients Output: Exit code of gpg. (0 on success) $self->{last_message} => any errors from gpg The provided $entity will be encrypted. (i.e. it _will_ be modified.) mime_encrypt encrypt an email message Input: MIME::Entity containing email message to encrypt list of email addresses to sign to Output: Exit code of gpg. (0 on success) $self->{last_message} => any errors from gpg The provided $entity will be encrypted. (i.e. it _will_ be modified.) mime_signencrypt sign and encrypt an email message Input: MIME::Entity containing email message to sign encrypt list of email addresses to sign to Output: Exit code of gpg. (0 on success) $self->{last_message} => any errors from gpg The provided $entity will be encrypted. (i.e. it _will_ be modified.) is_signed best guess as to whether a message is signed or not (by looking at the mime type and message content) Input: MIME::Entity containing email message to test Output: True or False value is_encrypted best guess as to whether a message is signed or not (by looking at the mime type and message content) Input: MIME::Entity containing email message to test Output: True or False value LICENSE
Copyright 2003 Best Practical Solutions, LLC This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php b) the "Artistic License" http://www.opensource.org/licenses/artistic-license.php This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License for more details. AUTHOR
Robert Spier David Bremner <ddb@cpan.org> BUGS
/ISSUES/PATCHES Please send all bugs/issues/patches to bug-Mail-GnuPG@rt.cpan.org SEE ALSO
perl. GnuPG::Interface, MIME::Entity perl v5.14.2 2011-12-12 Mail::GnuPG(3pm)