Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail script to automate
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mail script to automate Post 302351175 by daPeach on Monday 7th of September 2009 11:30:38 AM
Old 09-07-2009
Could this fit your needs:
Code:
theDate=$(LC_TIME=C date +'%b %d %H')
sed '/'$theDate'/s/[^ ]* [^ ]* [^ ]* [^ ]* [^ ]* [^|]*|\([^|]*\)|.*/\1/' /var/log/messages |\

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automate the input in a script

I have a program that i have to run by cron. The program needs user input. So i have to automate that in a littke script. start of script program.sh: result=program.log; export result echo Program starting : `date` >> $result /usr/local/program >> $result echo Program running : `date` >>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinspeybroeck
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

here document to automate perl script that call script

I am trying to use a here document to automate testing a perl script however when the perl script hits a system(perl subscript.pl) call, input is no longer entered into this subscript. here is my script $ cat test.sh #ksh for testcase do program <<-EOF | tee -a funcscnlog.log y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hogger84
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script(s) to Automate Tasks

I know that this has a bad title, but I'm not sure how to sum it up well. (And I'm new to Linux in general, so please excuse any incorrect terminology :o) Anyway, I'm trying to create a script that gets whatever folder you're in, and then does a command with that directory as an argument. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: droppedonjapan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to Automate

I would like to automate script where i do not have to manually insert the username and password I wrote two different scripts but not able to achieve the results: here's to scripts i wrote #!/bin/bash cd /var/tmp /home/server/steve/pca --askauth -idx /opt/app/bin/expect <<EOF expect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate shell script

I would like to automate script where i do not have to manually insert the username and password I wrote two different scripts but not able to achieve the results: here's to scripts i wrote #!/bin/bash cd /var/tmp /home/server/steve/pca --askauth -idx /opt/app/bin/expect <<EOF expect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam786
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to automate incoming mail processing

Hi All, I require to develop some script which will continuously be looking for mails from some specific mail addresses on AIX server. Once any such mail arrives, the process will look into the mail subject and mail body to search for some keywords like success or failure, filename etc.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek8220
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate Script ***V. Urgent

Hi All, ./procdure.ksh which opens the below the menu, I want to build a script which will press 4 and run the Sector Data Automatically (instead of pressing option 4 manually) Is there any way for this, please let me know... 1) FX Rates MDU 9) Fidessa Cash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I automate a script?

Hi All, Can I automate a script when some one trying to 'vi' (open) a file. For Example, I am having a file named 'SecuredShell.sh'. when a user types " vi SecuredShell.sh " in unix command prompt a script named secure.sh needs to be automated. Can this be possible. if Yes please guide... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate remote script

Hi all, I need to execute a script on a remote machine that are connected to the network.The basic requirement is to write a script which will login in remote machine and then execute the other script automatically placed in remote machine.So that I need to execute the remote machine script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

automate the script

Dear all, I I want to login to my Linux machine using putty and then run some script from Windows machine.we can do it after loging it and then execute the script by typing it in putty command line screen. but I want to automate it.So whenever I will fire this script,it will do the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
4 Replies
GEMS-SERVER(1)							gems documentation						    GEMS-SERVER(1)

NAME
gems-server - Transmit a shell session in real time. SYNOPSIS
gems-server [-ip ip] [-port p] [-maxconn n] [-wait m] [-log dest] [-noscript] [-script_bin script] gems-server -h | -v DESCRIPTION
Transmits a shell session to be shown in real time in various different computers or terminals. gems-server transmits data in real time to clients via a network connection. Each one of these clients must run the gems-client(1) program to establish connection and receive the transmitted data. Clients can connect and disconnect at any given time, but of course they will only receive the data that is transmitted while they are connected (just like a radio transmission/reception system). The gems system is normally used to transmit a console session and show it in various computers at the same time, but it is also possible to transmit any other kind of data. OPTIONS
-ip IP address where connections will be accepted. -port TCP port. Default: 6666. -maxconn Do not accept more than n simultaneous clients. Default: 25. -wait Wait until m clients are connected before starting the transmission. This is useful to ensure that the first m clients will receive all data transmitted. The default behavior is to start transmission immediately, without waiting for client connections. -log By default, the server does not write log messages. This option configures the destination of logs. The dest argument can be `sys- log' (to log through syslogd(8)), `stderr' (to log through standard error output), or it can be an arbitrary filename (log messages will be appended to the file, if it exists). -noscript By default, the server executes the script(1) program to take terminal data and transmit it. When this option is used the server will not run script, and data will be read form standard input. -script_bin Specifies the location of the script(1). program. Default: /usr/bin/script. -h Show a short help message. -v Show version information. FILES
/var/lock/gems-server.PORT Lock file. gems-server creates this file on initialization and deletes it on exit. PORT is replaced by the TCP port used. gems- server will not run if this file is already present in the system. AUTHORS
Diego Essaya <dessaya@fi.uba.ar> Emiliano Castagnari <ecastag@fi.uba.ar> SEE ALSO
gems-client(1), script(1), syslogd(8) gems AUGUST 2004 GEMS-SERVER(1)