Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to acces my pendrive in linux Post 302351157 by sanjay.login on Monday 7th of September 2009 10:41:16 AM
Old 09-07-2009
Unable to acces my pendrive in linux

Hi Gurus,
in linux I am unable to access my pendrive(i am even not seeing the icon or location for my pendrive ).
Please anyany could help me to get rid of this issue.

regards,
Sanjay
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't acces ftp from my computer

can't acces ftp from my computer. It is posible my provider blocks it, but local ftp works fine. Any ideas ? Thanks, TuMux (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuMux
7 Replies

2. Red Hat

helo how to mount pendrive on redhat 9

helo my sysem is running on redhat 9. now i want to take data from redhat 9 pc to pen drive. but when i plug it it is not detected. can u tell me how to mount pendrive on redhat9. amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot from a pendrive

Can anybody explane 'How to boot from a pendrive' ?Is it possible to load Operating System from a pendrive----? How? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

5. SCO

mount the pendrive on the unixware 7.1.4

please let me know how to mount the pendrive on the unixware (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Acces through using Telnet

Hi, My current requirement is to log in ROOT to a Solaris 10 server using telnet. It is not advisable to enable telnet access but my requirement forces me to do so. So under /etc/default/login i have commented the line CONSOLE.... And still I am unable to connect. Putty console just vanishes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
3 Replies

7. Slackware

Which USB pendrive image to install Slackware on an old AMD K6 3D ?

Holla, I have been trying to install a recent distro, with a minimum X such as jwm, but unfortunately my cdrom is broken and I can only boot the USB port, with a pendrive. AMD K6 3D is today too old for being for linux. Is there an image of slackware than runs that processor and that can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor34
5 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Root acces bug through sudo!

My friend has found a bug with sudo. His organization has Linux laptops with no root access to users. Policy pushing is through Puppet. But doing sudo sudo twice he is able to access root. Do you guys have any clue, how's that possible, usually sudo su is restricted. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bug the vps by using simple user acces.

I want to bug and make lag in the vps using commands on linux by a normal user, SSH on centos 6. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: [xEF]Danger
1 Replies

10. Linux

LM 19.1 from pendrive

I've "installed" LM 19.1 to a PNY 16Gb(2.0) pendrive. I have a few issues that I'd like to resolve. First and foremost, the O.S. experiences "lagging" issues and to a lesser degree, freezing. Example: Complete "boot-up" (from start to complete "home" page) can take upwards of 7 mins. Then when... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 69Rixter
10 Replies
XGetIconName()															    XGetIconName()

Name
  XGetIconName - get the name to be displayed in an icon.

Synopsis
  Status XGetIconName(display, w, icon_name_return)
	Display *display;
	Window w;
	char **icon_name_return;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

w	    Specifies the ID of the window whose icon name you want to learn.

icon_name_return
	    Returns  a pointer to the name to be displayed in the window's icon.  The name is a NULL-terminated string.  If the data returned
	    by the server is in the Latin Portable Character Encoding, then the returned string is in the Host Portable  Character  Encoding.
	    Otherwise,	the result is implementation-dependent.  If a name hasn't been assigned to the window, XGetIconName() sets this argu-
	    ment to NULL.  When finished with it, a client must free the icon name string using XFree().

Returns
  Zero on failure, non-zero on success.

Description
  XGetIconName() is superseded by XGetWMIconName() in Release 4.  XGetIconName() reads the icon name property of a window.  This function  is
  primarily  used  by  window  managers to get the name to be written in a window's icon when they need to display that icon.  XGetIconName()
  returns a non-zero Status if it succeeds, and zero if no icon name has been set for the argument window.

For more information, see Volume One, Chapter 12, Interclient Communication.

Errors
  BadWindow

See Also
  XFetchName(), XGetClassHint(), XGetIconSizes(), XGetNormalHints(), XGetSizeHints(), XGetTransientForHint(), XGetWMHints(), XGetZoomHints(),
  XSetClassHint(), XSetCommand(), XSetIconName(), XSetIconSizes(), XSetNormalHints(), XSetSizeHints(), XSetTransientForHint(), XSetWMHints(),
  XSetZoomHints(), XStoreName().

Xlib - Window Manager Hints													    XGetIconName()