Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris UFS on solaris 10, compatible with solaris 8? Post 302350995 by robsonde on Sunday 6th of September 2009 07:47:27 PM
Old 09-06-2009
yes, we have decided to just use the full disk, and so we are just using s2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Servers compatible with Solaris

Does anyone have any advice on what print servers to use with Solaris I used to use intel but they dicontinued the model we used. I would just use lpadmin to set them up . Any advice on this would be very helpful. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmildx
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Compatible NICs for Solaris 9 (9/05) x86

Hi, Please can someone recommend me a cheap PCI Network card for Solaris 9 (9/05) for an Intel based PC (x86). I currently have a US Robotics NIC installed, but Solaris does not recognise it and its been too much hassle to find drivers for it etc, so have decided to purchase another NIC that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wajidc
3 Replies

4. BSD

FreeBSD compatibility with Solaris UFS filesystem?

Hi, I'm new to BSD and would like to create a dual-boot between Solaris Express Community Edition and FreeBSD. I would just like to know if the Solaris UFS file system can be written to by BSD? I know that BSD uses UFS2, but I'm hoping that it is backwards compatible with UFS1 provided that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny SSH
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 8 libraries compatible solaris 10

Hello, For a company I have to check if it is possible to migrate there environment from a solaris 8 to solaris 10. Is there a tool with which I can check if the libraries running now on the 8 are compatible with the 10? Kind regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chelle007
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is tcsh 100% compatible with the plain-old csh [on Solaris 9]

Hi folks There are about 200 csh scripts (I didn't wrote them). Do all those scripts run with tcsh without modification? Is tcsh 100% compatible with the plain-old csh? $ which csh /usr/bin/csh $ which tcsh /usr/bin/tcsh $ uname -a SunOS purzelse 5.9 Generic_117171-07 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

7. Solaris

ufs slices info in solaris

how do you get start and end sector of a UFS slice? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

8. Solaris

is there an veritas volume manager version compatible with solaris x86 machine?

i heard some where veritas volume manager wont work on solaris x86. i have installed vmware into my 32bit xp machine. i am planning to learn veritas.. is there an veritas volume manager version compatible with solaris x86 machine? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Deep checking Solaris ufs filesystem

I'm prompted to start this thread following my attempt to help on this thread here (see my posts). I was proposing the OP deep checked a Solaris ufs filesystem using: # fsck -o full <filesystem node> however this option does not appear to be valid on Solaris 10. I've used... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Mounting UFS on Solaris 10 to Solaris 11

I have a Solaris 10 LDOM installed with UFS and another Solaris 11 LDOM with ZFS. I want to mount a folder on Solaris 10 to Solaris 11. I used the following: sudo mount -F ufs 10.1.1.44:/export/home/amandeep/workspace /home/amandeep/workspace/mounts/ldom5 and it errors out with: mount:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amandeepgautam
7 Replies
GLUPARTIALDISK(3G)						   OpenGL Manual						GLUPARTIALDISK(3G)

NAME
gluPartialDisk - draw an arc of a disk C SPECIFICATION
void gluPartialDisk(GLUquadric* quad, GLdouble inner, GLdouble outer, GLint slices, GLint loops, GLdouble start, GLdouble sweep); PARAMETERS
quad Specifies a quadrics object (created with gluNewQuadric()). inner Specifies the inner radius of the partial disk (can be 0). outer Specifies the outer radius of the partial disk. slices Specifies the number of subdivisions around the z axis. loops Specifies the number of concentric rings about the origin into which the partial disk is subdivided. start Specifies the starting angle, in degrees, of the disk portion. sweep Specifies the sweep angle, in degrees, of the disk portion. DESCRIPTION
gluPartialDisk renders a partial disk on the z = 0 plane. A partial disk is similar to a full disk, except that only the subset of the disk from start through start + sweep is included (where 0 degrees is along the +f2yf axis, 90 degrees along the +x axis, 180 degrees along the -y axis, and 270 degrees along the -x axis). The partial disk has a radius of outer and contains a concentric circular hole with a radius of inner. If inner is 0, then no hole is generated. The partial disk is subdivided around the z axis into slices (like pizza slices) and also about the z axis into rings (as specified by slices and loops, respectively). With respect to orientation, the +z side of the partial disk is considered to be outside (see gluQuadricOrientation()). This means that if the orientation is set to GLU_OUTSIDE, then any normals generated point along the +z axis. Otherwise, they point along the -z axis. If texturing is turned on (with gluQuadricTexture()), texture coordinates are generated linearly such that where r = outer, the value at (r, 0, 0) is (1.0, 0.5), at (0, r, 0) it is (0.5, 1.0), at (-r, 0, 0) it is (0.0, 0.5), and at (0, -r, 0) it is (0.5, 0.0). SEE ALSO
gluCylinder(), gluDisk(), gluNewQuadric(), gluQuadricOrientation(), gluQuadricTexture(), gluSphere() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1991-2006 Silicon Graphics, Inc. This document is licensed under the SGI Free Software B License. For details, see http://oss.sgi.com/projects/FreeB/. AUTHORS
opengl.org opengl.org 06/10/2014 GLUPARTIALDISK(3G)