Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: apache2 mod_geoip upgrade
Top Forums Web Development apache2 mod_geoip upgrade Post 302350972 by reborg on Sunday 6th of September 2009 02:51:40 PM
Old 09-06-2009
Hi Neo,

If you want to go ahead and build the new version of geoip from source than you are correct in assuming that you will need to install apache2-prefork-dev.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

help for Upgrade

hi administrator i need help to find solution for this . i have sun fire v880 server with configuration metioned below sun fire v880 2*750 MHz UltraSPARC 111 with 4 GB Memory ( 256*16 ) 36*6 GB hard disks( Internal) with other configuration and now i need to upgrade this server.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhasanka
3 Replies

2. AIX

OS upgrade

Hello, fellows: I have an old H80 with AIX 4.3, I want to upgrade to AIX 5.3, is this possible? I have read in some documentation that is necesary do it version to version, I mean... 4.3->5.1 5.1->5.2 5.2->5.3, anybody have this experience? I will aprecciate yor help. Kind regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to upgrade HP UX 11.22 to 11.23

Hello! I need to upgrade my HP-UX box to latest version, however I dont have any idea how to do it. Somebody can help me here? :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jembalang
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Upgrade from OL 6.3 to 6.5

Hello, For upgrading from OL 6.3 to 6.5 is this possible to upgrade without rebuild? What should be the generic steps in migration to OL 6.5. IS this like building up from scratch ? Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
4 Replies
APACHE2(8)                                                            apache2                                                           APACHE2(8)

NAME
apache2 - Apache Hypertext Transfer Protocol Server SYNOPSIS
apache2 [ -d serverroot ] [ -f config ] [ -C directive ] [ -c directive ] [ -D parameter ] [ -e level ] [ -E file ] [ -k start|restart|graceful|stop|graceful-stop ] [ -R directory ] [ -h ] [ -l ] [ -L ] [ -S ] [ -t ] [ -v ] [ -V ] [ -X ] [ -M ] SUMMARY
apache2 is the Apache HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) server program. It is designed to be run as a standalone daemon process. When used like this it will create a pool of child processes or threads to handle requests. In general, apache2 should not be invoked directly, but rather should be invoked via /etc/init.d/apache2 or apache2ctl. The default Debian configuration requires environment variables that are defined in /etc/apache2/envvars and are not available if apache2 is started directly. However, apache2ctl can be used to pass arbitrary arguments to apache2. DOCUMENTATION
The full documentation is available in the apache2-doc package or at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ . Information about Debian specific changes and configuration can be found in /usr/share/doc/apache2/README.Debian.gz . OPTIONS
-d serverroot Set the initial value for the ServerRoot directive to serverroot. This can be overridden by the ServerRoot directive in the configu- ration file. -f config Uses the directives in the file config on startup. If config does not begin with a /, then it is taken to be a path relative to the ServerRoot. The default is /etc/apache2/apache2.conf. -k start|restart|graceful|stop|graceful-stop Signals apache2 to start, restart, or stop. See Stopping Apache for more information. -C directive Process the configuration directive before reading config files. -c directive Process the configuration directive after reading config files. -D parameter Sets a configuration parameter which can be used with <IfDefine> sections in the configuration files to conditionally skip or process commands at server startup and restart. -e level Sets the LogLevel to level during server startup. This is useful for temporarily increasing the verbosity of the error messages to find problems during startup. -E file Send error messages during server startup to file. -R directory When the server is compiled using the SHARED_CORE rule, this specifies the directory for the shared object files. -h Output a short summary of available command line options. -l Output a list of modules compiled into the server. This will not list dynamically loaded modules included using the LoadModule directive. -L Output a list of directives together with expected arguments and places where the directive is valid. -M Dump a list of loaded Static and Shared Modules. -S Show the settings as parsed from the config file (currently only shows the virtualhost settings). -t Run syntax tests for configuration files only. The program immediately exits after these syntax parsing tests with either a return code of 0 (Syntax OK) or return code not equal to 0 (Syntax Error). If -D DUMP_VHOSTS is also set, details of the virtual host con- figuration will be printed. If -D DUMP_MODULES is set, all loaded modules will be printed. -v Print the version of apache2, and then exit. -V Print the version and build parameters of apache2, and then exit. -X Run apache2 in debug mode. Only one worker will be started and the server will not detach from the console. SEE ALSO
apache2ctl(8), /usr/share/doc/apache2/README.Debian.gz Apache HTTP Server 2008-04-05 APACHE2(8)