Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parse string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse string Post 302350958 by ripat on Sunday 6th of September 2009 03:14:33 PM
Old 09-06-2009
With awk:

Code:
echo "dev.mydomain.com" | awk -F"." '{print $(NF-1)}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a string variable

Hello all, need a little help. I have an input variable such as ARGV which equals something like /use/home/name/script/test.dat I need to be able to get just the "test.dat" (i.e. the file name) at the end of the directory and the directory can be anything and any length. To put it another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: methos
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String parse question

I have a string of data that looks like this: private.enterprises.954.1.1.1.1.1.2618 \(OctetString\): U private.enterprises.954.1.1.1.1.2.2618 \(OctetString\): 2618 I am trying to parse the string to only return the values after the ":". Ex from above "U" and "2618". Any suggestions? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnreferee
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse this string

I want to get filenames from the following input. How can I parse this in bash. input data ------------------------------------------------------------------- path=/aaa/bbb/filename1;/aaa/filename2;/aaa/bbb/ccc/ddd/filename3 -------------------------------------------------------------------... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcliff
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse String Using Sed

Hi, I am wondering if there's a simpler way to extract the second occurrence of a word enclosed in that matches my search criteria. Sample Input is as follows: Error installing feature - com.er.nms.cif.ist.NoMatchingUpgra Error installing feature -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parse string with awk

Hi Guys, I spend half a day getting this to work with no luck, perhaps you guys can help.. I have a string from a file looking like this: module::name=test::type=generic_data::exec=snmpget.......::desc=A Little Test::interval=300 what I would like to split it, so I get a value for each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyber
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a string into variables

I'm working in korn shell and have a variable which contains a string like: aa_yyyymmdd_bbb_ccc_ddd.abc. I want to treat the _ and . as delimiters and parse the string so I end up with 6 values in variables that I can manipulate. My original plan was to use var1=`echo $sting1 | cut -c1-c2` but... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aquimby
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string and parse

Input file 0792 to 2450 iadmssql7: Copy: CNJ R1: Replication volumes: Replication set: RSet 1 Replication size: 200.00GB SAN Info: 200.00GB DGC VRAID CX4-960 LUN 17 (17) RPA Port WWN Ctrl ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a string as a command

I've a problem parsing a string as a command: Consider script stefano.sh as following: #!/usr/bin/sh txtshell="./parser.sh /ews/MyEventHandler/data/handler/StopAndMail.php eventid=StopAndMail.MVIN.6300 lot_number=1122FXB facility=EWSF3 'mailto=prova.prova@nohost.com, prova.test@nohost.com'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buonstefano
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a mixed alphanumeric string from within a string

Hi, I would like to be able to parse out a substring matching a basic pattern, which is a character followed by 3 or 4 digits (for example S1234 out of a larger string). The main string would just be a filename, like Thisis__the FileName_S1234_ToParse.txt. The filename isn't fixed, but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keaneMB
2 Replies

10. Programming

Perl parse string

Hi Perl Guys I have another perl question I have the following code that i have written Getopt::Long::config(qw( permute bundling )); my $OPT = {}; GetOptions($OPT, qw( ver=s help|h )) or die "options parsing failed"; This will allow the user to do something like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)