Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting read a file and use the content for mapping Post 302350595 by voidmain on Friday 4th of September 2009 09:45:53 AM
Old 09-04-2009
read a file and use the content for mapping

help me pls.. Smilie
i want to read a mapping file.
Below is the content of my mapping file.
Code:
6221,189,SMSC1,OMC1,WAP1
6223,188,SMSC2,OMC2,WAP2

so when my program running

Code:
msisdn="622130302310"
while not EOF
if substring($msisdn,1,4) == "6221" -- > "6221" read from the file
then
echo "$msisdn,189" > TEMPFILE -- > "189" read from the file
ftp TEMPFILE to SMSC1
ftp TEMPFILE to OMC1
ftp TEMPFILE to WAP1
end if
end while

what is the solution of my problem?

thanks before hand.

Last edited by Franklin52; 09-04-2009 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the content of the particular file from tar.Z without extracting?

Hi All, I want to read the content of the particular file from tar.Z without extracting. aaa.tar.Z contains a file called one.txt, I want to read the content of the one.txt without extracting. Please help me to read the content of it. Regards, Kalai. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk - how to read a content of a file from every file from file list

Hi Experts. I need to list the file and the filename comes from the file ListOfFile.txt. Basicly I have a filename "ListOfFile.txt" and it contain Example of ListOfFile.txt /home/Dave/Program/Tran1.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran2.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran3.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran4.P... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file content with awk and sed

Hello , I have huge file with below content. I need to read the numeric values with in the paranthesis after = sign. Please help me with awk and sed script for it. 11.10.2009 04:02:47 Customer login not found: identifier=(0748502889) prefix=(TEL) serviceCode=(). 11.10.2009 04:03:12... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file content

i have one file abhi.txt its contents are home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/backup/file1 home8/mc09ats/file2 i want to read this content of file using while loop.. in this i want to seperate the content as follows path=home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/backup file=file1 echo path echo file can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file and only output certain content

Hi - I have a file containing data like :- cn=tommy,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100530130623z cn=jane,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100423140734z cn=michael,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100331020044z I want to end up with a file that looks like:-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a text file and print the content..

hello all i request you to give the solution for the following problem.. I want read the text file.and print the contents character by character..like if the text file contains google means..i want to print g go goo goog googl google like this Using unix Shell scripting... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samupnl
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the variable from the line and use it to find the file and read the content of that file

Hi, I am working on one script..I am having files in the below format file 1 (each line is separated with : delimeter) SPLASH:SPLASH:SVN CIB/MCH:MCH:SVN Now I want from file 1 that most left part of the first line will store in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read line ignores the '\' in file content

I need to read temp.$i file content line by line through while loop but somehow the '\' do not appear in output.. Can someone guide how to read this exact content line by line in unix : if then cat temp.$i | head -1 # the file content appears fine while... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prev
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl SCript to read file content (if else statemenet)

Hi All, I wanted to write a perl script to read the content in a file,the file content is either 0 (zero) OR 1. The idea is like this. If (content =1), then it will proceed to perform some step. and then update the file content to 0(zero) else if (content =0), it will update the content to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hploh
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and concatenate content file and file name

Hi all, i need a bash script. I have a 3 file named Milano, Torino, Firenze Into file i have: Milano Marco Luca Giorgio Michele PatrizioTorino Marco Giulio Emilio MicheleFirenze Luca Giorgio Marco Saverio EmilioThe output should be a all_city.csv file like: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamose
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)