Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers shell script for connecting to a different user Post 302350563 by sanjay.login on Friday 4th of September 2009 08:33:43 AM
Old 09-04-2009
Hi matrixmadhan,
thank you for your valuable time.the s bit you are saying above ,is sticky bit ,could you please elaborate the same.

thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting DB in the Shell Script to do SQL Query

Any link or example to write shell script for the Connecting Oracle for Quering through SQL thanks in advance ... Cheers !! Mehul Doshi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehuldoshi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error connecting sql through a shell script

Hi I am getting this error while connecting to sql through a shell script, whereas i am able to connect to sql directly. It was working properly earlier, no clue why i am getting this. Please find the log below: FTP to <IP> completed Wed Apr 30 11:42:01 BST 2008 Program ended. Wed Apr 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to sybase via shell script.

Hi All, I was able to connect to sybase in shell script and also able to run few sql queries, something like this, #!/usr/bin/ksh -x temp=`echo "select name from sysobjects where type = 'U'"` results=`isql -SDS_SERVER-UAdhocUser -Pha12 <<EOF set rowcount 6 $temp go EOF` line_count=0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arvindcgi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing errors when connecting to sqlplus in shell script

hi, I am trying to automate the compilation of procedures stored in .sql files in Unix. Is there any way in which we can sho err if there errors are raised in the compilation? I am using the following code to connect to the sqlplus sqlplus ${SQL_USER}/${SQL_PASSWORD} (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: silas.john
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script not connecting to primary from standby site

Hi All, I am using below shell script using SQL*Plus to query the MAX(SEQUENCE#) from both databases V$LOG_HISTORY view.If the STANDBY appears to be falling behind by - 2, then alert mail should be sent... How could I achieve it with improving the below script. #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database from shell script

Hi all, I am satyakiran , i am new to the forum. i never done shell scripts for connecting to the data base (oracle) and fetching the data from the database( thru sql select statements ) i want to know 1. how to connect to the data base(oracle) using shell script 2. how to retrieve data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script connecting to oracle from crontab

Hi, I have problems with running shell script connecting to Oracle from the crontab. Here is the script: #!/sbin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/10g/ export ORACLE_HOME if then echo "Source path is not specified" exit fi /opt/oracle/10g/bin/sqlplus user/pass@testdb << EOF truncate table... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting servers using shell script

Hi , I have three linux servers. I want to login from one server and check some status in the other server. How to connect other server from one server using shell script. Can anyone advice on this? Thanks, Chelladurai. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL block in a Shell Script connecting to a local and remote DB

Hi All, In a Shell scriipt with a SQL block I want to issue a query against a local DB and a remote DB on a remote server. The shell script is running locally. This is how I connect to the local server. But I want the query to reference remote table in the join. Question can I specify a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files from those server . HI , I have 6 multiple servers pla1,pla2,pla3,pla4,pla5,pla6 1. These six servers have common shared mount point /var/share 2. Running script from /var/share to connect these servers.I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcroyal88
1 Replies
mysql_import_combined_log.pl(1) 			      General Commands Manual				   mysql_import_combined_log.pl(1)

NAME
mysql_import_combined_log.pl - Imports an Apache combined log into a MySQL database. SYNOPSIS
mysql_import_combined_log.pl -d <database name> -t <table name> [-h <host name>] [-u <user name>] [-p <password>] [-f <filename>] OPTIONS
--host|-h <host name> The host to connect to. Default is localhost. --database|-d <database name> The database to use. Required. --username|-u <username> The user to connect as. --password|-p <password> The user's password. --table|-t <table name> The name of the table in which to insert data. --logfile|-f <file name> The file to read from. If not given, data is read from stdin. --help|-? Print out this help message. --version Print out the version of this software. AUTHOR
Aaron Jenson Updated to work under Perl 5.6.1 by Edward Rudd MAN PAGE CREATED BY
Michael A. Toth <lirul.lists@gmail.com> - based on content of script COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man (1) by the same author. Manuals User mysql_import_combined_log.pl(1)