Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to group records in a file Post 302350512 by Franklin52 on Friday 4th of September 2009 05:39:47 AM
Old 09-04-2009
Something like this?

Code:
awk -F, 'f!=$1{close(f);f=$1}{print > f}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find and group records in a file

Hi, I have this file which has 3 columns, District , stores and unit. What I want is all rows belonging to one district to be created separately under each district, the districts may vary every day , the source file may have 3 districts today and may have 160 tomorrow, so what I need is a... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumsup9
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column sum group by uniq records

Dear All, I want to get help for below case. I have a file like this. saman 1 gihan 2 saman 4 ravi 1 ravi 2 so i want to get the result, saman 5 gihan 2 ravi 3 like this. Pls help me. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nayanajith
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to group records

hi, i have records like this supplier,product, persons involved 10,150,ravi@yahoo.com 30,200,ravi@yahoo.com 20,111,payal@gmail.com 40,211,ravi@yahoo.com i want to write a command which displays values like this 10,30,40,ravi@yahoo.com for ravi@yahoo.com if there are n number of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH to group records in a file and compare it with another file

Hi, I've a file like below: DeptFile.csv DeptID EmpID ------- ------ Dep01 Emp01 Dep01 Emp02 Dep01 Emp03 Dep02 Emp04 Dep02 Emp05 I've another file which has EmpFile.csv EmpID Salary ------ ------ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matrix2682
3 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Processing records as group - awk

I have a file has following records policy glb id 1233 name Permit ping from "One" to "Second" "Address1" "Any" "ICMP-ANY" permit policy id 999251 service "snmp-udp" exit policy glb id 1234 name Permit telnet from "One" to "Second" "Address2" "Any" "TCP-ANY" permit policy id 1234... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskar
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keeping last record among group of records with common fields (awk)

input: ref.1;rack.1;1 #group1 ref.1;rack.1;2 #group1 ref.1;rack.2;1 #group2 ref.2;rack.3;1 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;2 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;3 #group3 Among records from same group (i.e. with same 1st and 2nd field - separated by ";"), I would need to keep the last record... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Group the records based on empno and send mail

Hi All, I have records in a file with name,SSO,openitems,manageremail with | delimited file.Now i want to group the records by SSO and openitems and send email to their manageremail. kiran|1111|draft|aaa@gmail.com guna|2222|reject|bbb@gmail.com kiran|1111|submitter|aaa@gmail.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting group of records and loading last record

Hi Everyone, I have below record set. File is fixed widht file 101newjersyus 20150110 101nboston us 20150103 102boston us 20140106 102boston us 20140103 I need to group record based on first 3 letters in our case(101 and 102) and sort last 8 digit in ascending order and print only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patricjemmy6
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: group multiple fields from different records

Hi, My input looks like that: A|123|qwer A|456|tyui A|456|wsxe B|789|dfgh Using awk, I am trying to get: A|123;456|qwer;tyui;wsxe B|789|dfgh For records with same $1, group all the $2 in a field (without replicates), and all the $3 in a field (without replicates). What I have tried:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To group records in the file in UNIX

Hi All, I am using RHEL 6.9. I got a requirement to group the records in a file.The file content as shown below. #### FAILED JOBS IN XXX ##### 1> ABCD failed in the project XXX 2> HJK Job is in compiled state in the project XXX 3> ILKD failed in the project XXX 4> DFG failed in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
5 Replies
Net::DNS::RR::LP(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Net::DNS::RR::LP(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::RR::LP - DNS LP resource record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS; $rr = new Net::DNS::RR('name IN LP preference locator'); $rr = new Net::DNS::RR( name => 'example.com', type => 'LP', preference => 10, locator => 'locator.example.com' ); DESCRIPTION
Class for DNS Locator Pointer (LP) resource records. The LP DNS resource record (RR) is used to hold the name of a subnetwork for ILNP. The name is an FQDN which can then be used to look up L32 or L64 records. LP is, effectively, a Locator Pointer to L32 and/or L64 records. METHODS
The available methods are those inherited from the base class augmented by the type-specific methods defined in this package. Use of undocumented package features or direct access to internal data structures is discouraged and could result in program termination or other unpredictable behaviour. preference $preference = $rr->preference; A 16 bit unsigned integer in network byte order that indicates the relative preference for this LP record among other LP records associated with this owner name. Lower values are preferred over higher values. locator $locator = $rr->locator; The Locator field contains the DNS target name that is used to reference L32 and/or L64 records. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)2012 Dick Franks. Package template (c)2009,2012 O.M.Kolkman and R.W.Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::RR, RFC6742 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::RR::LP(3)