Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Startup rc scripts log
Operating Systems AIX Startup rc scripts log Post 302350508 by vbe on Friday 4th of September 2009 05:16:02 AM
Old 09-04-2009
You havent forgot a nohup anywhere?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Startup/Shutdown scripts

I understand that by putting in entries into the /etc/inittab file. We can actually call the our scripts during startup. mkitab "start_server:2:once:sh /scripts/startserver.sh" Would the system wait for startserver.sh finish executing before it goes to another entry? and how long would it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vincente
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

startup scripts, how do they work in UNIX?

I need to make a script to start the postfix service on a server when the machine starts up. I have a script written below, which I think will work, but I am confused on how the rc2.d & rc3.d etc directories actually work. If I enter the script below, and stick it in the rc3.d directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to solve screwing startup scripts

Hello! unix os is OSF1 CP1 V4.0 878 alpha.It startup os normally.But when i use a command to run application, it restart within 10 sec.I have no spare harddisk& application to reinstall.When i asked this problem at this forum, it replys that start up scripts are screwed and to mount each... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akzin
12 Replies

4. Linux

startup scripts (rc3.d)

I've created the following link in order to startup apache tomcat on startup, however, it does not seem to run. Am I missing something out? :confused: /etc/init.d lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Sep 5 14:59 K73ypbind -> ../init.d/ypbind lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Sep 11 13:09 S100tomcat ->... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Startup scripts

Hi all We have HP UX 11.23 installed on 4 RISC servers (2 oracle databases, 2 Oracle App Servers) , we are in a construction period , so the power failure may happen more than once a day. I need to learn how to create an automatic startup services as in Windows, if we know that the services... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kafaween
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup/Kill Scripts

Hello, I have to perform an audit of a system at work and I am looking at its /etc/rc3.d: K01tog-pegasus K74nscd S08iptables S50openemm K01yum K74ntpd S09isdn S55cups K02NetworkManager K85mdmpd S09pcmcia S55sshd K03rhnsd ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
8 Replies

7. AIX

Startup/shutdown scripts in AIX

hi, If we place Sxx (startup script) and Kxx(shutdown script) in /etc/rc.d/rc2.d,then it would start and stop automatically(assume they are linked to other script that actually starts/stops). is there really a link needed here to /etc/rc.d/init.d? if not,what is the use of this directory..?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: to_bsr
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xsession startup scripts

Can someone please tell me how to run xsession startup scripts whenever I start or after I restart my X session? I'm not trying to do anything fancy I just want this to run. This makes life a lot easier when I use a dual monitor. xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1024x768 --rate 60 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 startup scripts

Hi all, I have a server in maintenance mode and need to boot it up. Its due to a broken service "RepX". I need to stop the service from trying to start at boot up but i can't find where it is booting up from... it is not in any of the rcX.d directories and the two locations i have found it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating startup scripts using screen

Edit: So sorry! I really didn't do a good job of clearly stating what I needed. Going to completely rewrite my post so everything is clearly stated. I'm having trouble writing a shell startup script for a linux server. It uses the bash shell if I remember correctly. I'm trying to write it so... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pyitoechito
9 Replies
NOHUP(1)							   User Commands							  NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups, with output to a non-tty SYNOPSIS
nohup COMMAND [ARG]... nohup OPTION DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND, ignoring hangup signals. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If standard input is a terminal, redirect it from /dev/null. If standard output is a terminal, append output to `nohup.out' if possible, `$HOME/nohup.out' otherwise. If standard error is a terminal, redirect it to standard output. To save output to FILE, use `nohup COMMAND > FILE'. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of nohup, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's doc- umentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report nohup bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report nohup translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for nohup is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and nohup programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'nohup invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.12.197-032bb September 2011 NOHUP(1)