Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ifconfig -a for rtls0 does not show RUNNING Post 302350407 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 05:48:01 PM
Old 09-03-2009
have you checked the cable and the switch port?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ifconfig

I am trying to change an IP address on a machine running HPUX10 After I change it I can ping it from the outside but it completely locks the console. After a reboot it returns back to its previous IP. Any ideas?? Thanks Brian (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to show what is running on a given port.

Is there a command that I can run (currently running AIX) that will tell me what is running on, as an example, port 7002? Also, would this command be able to list all of the ports and what's running on them? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

ifconfig

Hi, I type (as root) "ifconfig en1 ether aa:aa: " but it doesnt change the mac of my airport. Can anyone help me? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ifconfig!!!!

why the ifconfig command is not working in my machine? it says "-bash: ifconfig: command not found" why its says that? actually i m looking for "how can I know the Network Interface Card physical address?" Requesting u all for help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to show progress bar for a running process

Hi, I have 2 shell scripts ,one for taking hot backup of oracle Database while other is for progress bar. But I don't have an idea hoe should I incorporate the shell script of progress bar in my hot backup code . Please help. My shell script for hot backup is as below: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]Show ifconfig in the seven segment display

dear all,, can i showing ip address in the seven segment display? #ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1 in the seven segment display will show the ip address like i'm typing in the shell...if the ip address has changed in the shell then in the seven segment display change too... plis help me about... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: demhyt
3 Replies

7. SuSE

Which command can be used to show running services?

Hi Dear Guys: I want to get a list of running services. Is there any command having this functionality? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

8. Solaris

ifconfig -a vs dladm show-dev and IP ?

Can anyone please explain what does these means ? # dladm show-dev nxge0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full nxge1 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full e1000g0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full e1000g1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

How to show Cisco Router Running Configuration in Third Party Application

Hey everyone, I have a few question. 1. Is it possible to display cisco 'show run' output command to the application ?? 2. And is there any ways to log in to the router instead of using telnet from telnet application??? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show running process command > 60 chars

Hi. I use this command to get list of running process: ps -ef|grep ICP|grep -v grep But how do I set the terminal to show full command? It seems that it always truncated to 60 chars no matter what options I put. e.g output oracle9 25011 24998 0 03:00:05 ? 0:00 /usr/bin/sh... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
14 Replies
VDE_PCAPPLUG(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   VDE_PCAPPLUG(1)

NAME
vde_pcapplug - Virtual Distributed Ethernet libpcap cable SYNOPSIS
vde_pcapplug [OPTION]... interface DESCRIPTION
vde_pcapplug is a plug to be connected into a VDE switch. All the data that is catched by the plug is injected into interface and every- thing from that interface is sent in the switch. OPTIONS
-p, --port=portnum It is possible to decide which port of the switch to use. When this option is not specified the switch assigns the first available unused port (if any). It is possible to connect several cables in the same switch port: in this way all this cables work concur- rently. It means that packet can result as duplicate but no ARP table loops are generated. Is useful when vde is used for mobil- ity. Several physical interfaces can be used at a time during handoffs to prevent hichups in connectivity. -g, --group=group group ownership of the communication socket. For security when more want to share a switch it is better to use a unix group to own the comm sockets so that the network traffic cannot be sniffed. -m, --mod=octal-mode octal chmod like permissions for the comm sockets -s, --sock=socket specify the UNIX socket to be used by local programs for joining the VDE. The default value is "/tmp/vde.ctl". -d, --daemon start vde_plug2tap as a background process -P, --pidfile=pidfile put the process ID of vde_plug2tap in pidfile. Can be used with --daemon to store the PID for future killing. -h, --help show a brief help NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vde_plug(1), vdeq(1), dpipe(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet August 20, 2008 VDE_PCAPPLUG(1)