Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Putty and wrapping on SunOS 5.9 Post 302350390 by Azhrei on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 03:56:37 PM
Old 09-03-2009
Go back and read (both of) my posts again. You didn't follow directions. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping a bash script for CGI

I hope its ok to start a new thread, I was going to use my existing one but thought a new one would better clarify things and provide better search for future reference. Well I have my bash program working now, all nice, user input validated, output formatted, everything is looking sexy. Now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line wrapping problem when using awk

I am fairly new at this, I wrote a awk program to give me some summary information about a file. At the end of the program I want to print some variables but for some reason it keeps wrapping the last variable on a new line in the output file. Here is the print command print "99", file_id,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: placroix1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping ksh script

Hi folks, We want to protect our ksh scripts from our customers.We don't want to let them the option to viewor modify the scripts. Is there a way ro wrap a ksh script? Thanks in advance, Nir (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic word wrapping

Hallo, I want to have this Output: Name Street Phone Mail Favorite_thing_o f_what_ever_you_ want Jak street1 0123 jak@test blue egs .com O'Neill street2 4567 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line Wrapping using Sed

Hi, I want to wrap the lines if a line starts with number. I tried the following sed command, but I do not get the required output. It is replacing the first number. Can some one please help me on this? Command I used sed -e :a -e '$!N;s/\n//;ta' -e 'P;D' testfile I/P file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christineidanny
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wrapping text not exceeding 80 characters

I have a file where the text might exceed 80 characters. I want to have the maximum text lengths to be 80, and cut text from a space. I written an awk script below but does not seem to work very well { gsub("\t"," ") $0 = line $0 while (length <= WIDTH) { line = $0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SELECT and wrapping to next column

Hi all, Am trying to write a menu driven script using SELECT and if I have more than 4 options, it wraps to the next column. That is if I have 6 choices, items 5 and 6 are in the second column. Is there any settings that control this behavior or is it due to some stty settings? stty -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX mail and wrapping

Greetings, I am by no means a Unix expert and hope that someone here can help me out. I am sending an email from within a Progress character program. This works fine. My issue is that I would like to send more than 80 characters and the email is wrapping at 80 chars. Is this an email... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nosredna
9 Replies
XmScrollVisible(library call)											     XmScrollVisible(library call)

NAME
XmScrollVisible -- A ScrolledWindow function that makes an invisible descendant of a ScrolledWindow work area visible SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/ScrolledW.h> void XmScrollVisible( Widget scrollw_widget, Widget widget, Dimension left_right_margin, Dimension top_bottom_margin); DESCRIPTION
XmScrollVisible makes an obscured or partially obscured widget or gadget descendant of a ScrolledWindow work area visible. The function re- positions the work area and sets the specified margins between the widget and the nearest viewport boundary. The widget's location relative to the viewport determines whether one or both of the margins must be adjusted. This function requires that the XmNscrollingPolicy of the ScrolledWindow widget be set to XmAUTOMATIC. scrollw_widget Specifies the ID of the ScrolledWindow widget whose work area window contains an obscured descendant. widget Specifies the ID of the widget to be made visible. left_right_margin Specifies the margin to establish between the left or right edge of the widget and the associated edge of the viewport. This margin is established only if the widget must be moved horizontally to make it visible. top_bottom_margin Specifies the margin to establish between the top or bottom edge of the widget and the associated edge of the viewport. This margin is established only if the widget must be moved vertically to make it visible. For a complete definition of ScrolledWindow and its associated resources, see XmScrolledWindow(3) RELATED
XmScrolledWindow(3). XmScrollVisible(library call)