Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ifconfig -a for rtls0 does not show RUNNING Post 302350385 by krishisthere on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 03:48:23 PM
Old 09-03-2009
ifconfig -a for rtls0 does not show RUNNING

Hi,

I have freshly installed solaris 10 update 5 on my desktop, and during the installation, I specified a static IP address, gateway, netmask.

When I run "ifconfig rtls0" after the installation, I get the following message

#ifconfig rtls0
rtls0: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
inet 192.168.1.33 netmask ffffff0 broadcast 192.168.1.255
ether ............

I tried to unplumb and plumb the interface, but that did not work.

The details of the configuration files are as follows:

#cat /etc/hostname.rtls0
homesol

#cat /etc/defaultrouter

#cat resolv.conf

#dladm show-dev
rtls0 link: unknown speed: 0 Mbps duplex: unknown

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The dmesg displays the following:

#dmesg |grep rtls
Sep 3 23:51:55 homesol gld: [ID 944156 kern.info] rtls0: Realtek 8139 driver v2.1.2: type "ether" mac address..........

Sep 3 23:51:55 homesol pci_pci: [ID 370704 kern.info] PCI-device: pci11f6,8139@0, rtls0

Sep 3 23:51:55 homesol genunix: [ID 936769 kern.info] rtls0 is /pci@0,0/pci8086,244e@le/pci11f6,8139@0

Sep 3 23:51:55 homesol rtls: [ID 995022 kern.notice] NOTICE: rtls0 -- link down
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The driver .conf file has the following information:

#more /kernel/drv/rtls.conf
#Driver.conf file for the RealTek 8193 chip
#
#Copyright 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
#Use is subject to license terms.
#
#ident "@(#)rtls.conf 1.1 04/07/26 SMI"
#

#ForceSpeedDuplex: set nic speed .......
ForceSpeedDuplex=5,5,5,5,5,5,;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The service details are as follows:

#svcs physical
STATE STIME FMRI
online 23:53:05 svc:/network/physical:default

#svcs ipv4
STATE STIME FMRI
disabled 23:52:22 svc:/network/routing/legacy-routing:ipv4

I would be thankful if anyone could help me in this regard.

regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ifconfig

I am trying to change an IP address on a machine running HPUX10 After I change it I can ping it from the outside but it completely locks the console. After a reboot it returns back to its previous IP. Any ideas?? Thanks Brian (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to show what is running on a given port.

Is there a command that I can run (currently running AIX) that will tell me what is running on, as an example, port 7002? Also, would this command be able to list all of the ports and what's running on them? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

ifconfig

Hi, I type (as root) "ifconfig en1 ether aa:aa: " but it doesnt change the mac of my airport. Can anyone help me? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ifconfig!!!!

why the ifconfig command is not working in my machine? it says "-bash: ifconfig: command not found" why its says that? actually i m looking for "how can I know the Network Interface Card physical address?" Requesting u all for help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to show progress bar for a running process

Hi, I have 2 shell scripts ,one for taking hot backup of oracle Database while other is for progress bar. But I don't have an idea hoe should I incorporate the shell script of progress bar in my hot backup code . Please help. My shell script for hot backup is as below: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]Show ifconfig in the seven segment display

dear all,, can i showing ip address in the seven segment display? #ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1 in the seven segment display will show the ip address like i'm typing in the shell...if the ip address has changed in the shell then in the seven segment display change too... plis help me about... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: demhyt
3 Replies

7. SuSE

Which command can be used to show running services?

Hi Dear Guys: I want to get a list of running services. Is there any command having this functionality? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

8. Solaris

ifconfig -a vs dladm show-dev and IP ?

Can anyone please explain what does these means ? # dladm show-dev nxge0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full nxge1 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full e1000g0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full e1000g1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

How to show Cisco Router Running Configuration in Third Party Application

Hey everyone, I have a few question. 1. Is it possible to display cisco 'show run' output command to the application ?? 2. And is there any ways to log in to the router instead of using telnet from telnet application??? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show running process command > 60 chars

Hi. I use this command to get list of running process: ps -ef|grep ICP|grep -v grep But how do I set the terminal to show full command? It seems that it always truncated to 60 chars no matter what options I put. e.g output oracle9 25011 24998 0 03:00:05 ? 0:00 /usr/bin/sh... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
14 Replies
pbuilder-uml.conf(5)						     pbuilder						      pbuilder-uml.conf(5)

NAME
pbuilder-uml.conf - configuration file for user-mode-linux port of pbuilder DESCRIPTION
/etc/pbuilder/pbuilder-uml.conf contains default values used in pbuilder-user-mode-linux program invocation. FORMAT
MY_ETH0=tuntap,,,192.168.0.2 Configures ethernet setting used for booting linux. See how rootstrap boots your system, and copy that. Specify --eth0=slirp,12345,/usr/bin/slirp-fullbolt to use the slirp connection. UML_IP=192.168.0.3 IP address to use for guest OS. This can be set to dhcp for obtaining IP address through DHCP. UML_NETMASK=255.255.255.0 Guest OS netmask UML_NETWORK=192.168.0.0 Guest OS network UML_BROADCAST=255.255.255.255 Guest OS broadcast UML_GATEWAY=192.168.0.1 Guest OS gateway PBUILDER_UML_IMAGE=${HOME}/uml-image Guest OS file system image. UML_MOUNT_TMPFS=no Whether to mount tmpfs inside the guest image. This is probably mostly useless. BUILDPLACE=${HOME}/tmp/ The location which build will take place. pbuilder-user-mode-linux will place temporary COW files to there. The user running UML needs to be able to access that directory. UML_MEM=128 The amount of memory allowed for UML. Give more value to here. UML_HOSTNAME=uml-host The hostname for the UML. The hostname should be available in /etc/hosts so that hostname -f will be able to return the FQDN. UML_BUILDRESULT=/directory/of/build/result The directory where build result of pbuilder-user-mode-linux is stored. ROOTSTRAP_IMAGESIZE=size-in-megabytes The size, in MB, of the disk iamge to create. Defaults to 1000. NOTES
It is advised to set APTCACHEHARDLINK to no in ~/.pbuilderrc. see pbuilderrc(5) for details. AUTHOR
Initial coding, and main maintenance is done by Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>. The homepage is available at http://pbuilder.alioth.debian.org FILES
/etc/pbuilder/pbuilder-uml.conf, ${HOME}/.pbuilderrc SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/pbuilder/pbuilder-doc.html, pbuilder-user-mode-linux(1), pbuilder(8), pbuilderrc(5), pdebuild(1) Debian 2003 Jan 8 pbuilder-uml.conf(5)