Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE SLED 10.2 Default gnome desktop generation Post 302350169 by Esaia on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 03:45:55 AM
Old 09-03-2009
SLED 10.2 Default gnome desktop generation

Hi!

Does anyone know where to alter the default gnome setup that SLED 10.2 does?
I work for a big company and we have a huge issue with SLED adding the "main-menu" gnome panel applet thingie....

/opt/gnome/lib/gnome-main-menu/main-menu

Is there any way to exchange this process for ex the original gnome menu applet?

Best regards
David

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gnome desktop crash log

Hi All, When ever gnome desktop crashes, is it write errors to any log files? if yes please let me know log file name and path for the same. Thanks in advance for your inputs. Regards Bachegowda (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Umask, in Desktop(gnome)

I want user, have umask 007, i just add in .bashrc and working, but our user using GDM for login, so I just add umask in /etc/profile. Is ther other way to put umask than in /etc/profile if using GDM? How to make .bash_profile with our define(default with my setting). Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blesets
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Persistent Security Banner on Gnome Desktop

I'm looking for options for displaying a persistent, security banner on a Solaris 10 workstation running JDS that would display at the top of each workspace for all users, have the option to change the color and the capability to add text to the banner. The company I work for has used JEDI for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArizonaTraveler
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

GNOME Desktop - Setting missing from dconf-editor?

Hello All, Last night I installed OpenSuSE 12.1 (i586) on a HP Mini 110 laptop. And I selected GNOME as my Desktop during install... So I was trying to customize some things about the desktop, for example adding the Maximize/Minimize/Close options to the titlebar of a window. I did this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to get a Xterm or X app to appear under a Linux Gnome Desktop

I want to have a xterm or xapplication from a Solaris client to appear on my RHEL Server running GNOME desktop. It may sound easy at first but, I have done the basics and I be stuck. Have Tried: Linux - logged in as root, open a Terminal and did a echo $DISPLAY and it reports back :0.0 I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
7 Replies
gnome-at-properties(1)						   User Commands					    gnome-at-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-at-properties - enable support for Assistive Technologies in GNOME SYNOPSIS
gnome-at-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
Use gnome-at-properties, the Assistive Technology preference tool, to enable assistive technologies in your desktop. You can use gnome-at- properties to specify that the following assistive technology applications start automatically when you log in: o Screenreader o Magnifier o On-screen Keyboard OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Assistive Technology Preference Tool example% gnome-at-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-at-properExecutable for Assistive Technology preference tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. cddb-slave2-properties(1), gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties(1), gnome-background-properties(1), gnome-default-applications-proper- ties(1), gnome-file-types-properties(1), gnome-font-properties(1), gnome-keybinding-properties(1), gnome-keyboard-properties(1), gnome- mouse-properties(1), gnome-network-preferences(1), gnome-panel-preferences(1), gnome-session-properties(1), gnome-sound-properties(1), gnome-theme-properties(1), gnome-ui-properties(1), metacity-properties(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnome-at-properties(1)