Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl file and folder listing -Help Post 302350162 by coolbhai on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 02:29:09 AM
Old 09-03-2009
Data Perl file and folder listing -Help

Hello,

I want to display all files and folders in a drive under windows. I tried two ways.
1-Way Here is the code snippet.
opendir DIR, "F:\"; # Searching under F drive
my @files = readdir(DIR); # Reading eveythg under F drive
closedir DIR; # closeing the directory handler
foreach my $file (@files) {
print "This is file $file \n" if (-f $file);
print "This is folder $file \n" if (-d $file);
}

Result :It is not listing anythg.I think it cant differentiate files and folders,It will work under UNIX not in WINDOWS .
2-Way Code snippet.
$value = "F:/*\.*"; # Searching under F drive
@files = <"$value">;
foreach my $file (@files) {
print "Here is the content of the drive $file ";
}

Result :Here nothg got displayed.
Please help..

Thanks in advance
Coolbhai
coolbhai

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the .txt file for folder name and FTP to the corrsponding folder.

Oracle procedure create files on UNIX folder on a regular basis. I need to FTP files onto windows server and place the files, based on their name, in the corresponding folders. File name is as follows: ccyymmddfoldernamefile.txt; Folder Name length could be of any size; however, the prefix and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching folder in perl

i will tell my problem with example: if i have a folder name called sree1.7.3 i know the starting name say sree and also path say /usr/lib. so i want the folder name. and how can i link this folder in makefile thank u sree (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the file from one folder to another folder

Hi, I have a requirement to move a file from one folder(a) to another folder(b) only when folder (b) have a write permission. Folder permission is 755 If the permission is otherthan 755 we need to come out of the loop I will appreciate your help Thanks Soll (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sollins
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Management: How do I move all JPGS in a folder structure to a single folder?

This is the file structure: DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder1qweqwasdfsd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder2asdasdasd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder3asdadfhgasdf/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder4qwetwdfsdfg/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to move set of file from one folder to another folder

Hi all, let me explain my requirments i am having 5 folder with different name for eg) abc , cdf , efd, rtg, ead each 5 folders contain 15 files i want to move 10 files to some other folder, remain 5 files should be there in the same folder. give me some suggestion on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finishing a bash script for listing subfolder by size in a large folder

Greetings everyone. I have seen that you do wonders here. I have a large folder on a Ubuntu linux. Organization main folder, inside 20 000 subfolders, and inside those subolders many other like 5-6 folders and files. I am interested to create an output to a txt file under the bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimo
2 Replies

8. Programming

Perl - Moving file based upon filesize in folder

Hi I'm trying to look through a series of directories in A folder, lets just call it A: for example: A/1 A/2 A/3 Etc and I wish to move the files in the folder if they are bigger than a certain size into a structure like below: A/TooBig/1 A/TooSmall/1 A/TooBig/2 A/TooSmall/2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PerlNewbRP
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Module for recursive listing of remote Windows shares

Hi, I'm looking for a Perl module which can recursively list remote Windows shares from within a Linux machine. I've tried Filesys::SmbClient ans Filesys:SmbClientPars but they just list the current directory Thank You for your help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i sort this listing in PYTHON by folder creation?

Is there anything i can do about this code? I need to sort it by folder creation, the newest will be first ... thx :) for dirname in postme: dirname = os.path.abspath(dirname) if dirname: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
2 Replies
folders(1)						      General Commands Manual							folders(1)

NAME
folders - list folders and contents (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
folders [+folder] [msg] [options] OPTIONS
Lists only the name of folders, with no additional information. This is faster because the folders need not be read. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Lists the contents of the folder-stack. No +folder argument is allowed with this option. Re-numbers mes- sages in the folders. Messages are re-numbered sequentially, and any gaps in the numbering are removed. The default operation is -nopack, which does not change the numbering in the folder. Discards the top of the folder-stack, after setting the current folder to that value. No +folder argument is allowed with this option. This corresponds to the popd operation in the C-shell; see csh(1). The -push and -pop options are mutually exclusive: the last occurrence of either one overrides any previous occurrence of the other. Pushes the current folder onto the folder-stack, and makes the +folder argument into the current folder. If +folder is not given, the current folder and the top of the folder-stack are exchanged. This corresponds to the pushd operation in the C-shell; see csh(1). The -push switch and the -pop switch are mutually exclusive: the last occurrence of either one overrides any previous occurrence of the other. Lists folders recur- sively. Information on each folder is displayed, followed by information on any sub-folders which it contains. Displays only the total number of messages and folders in your Mail directory. This option does not print any information about individual folders. It can be sup- pressed using the -nototal option. The defaults for folders are: +folder defaults to all msg defaults to none -nofast -noheader -nototal -nopack -norecurse DESCRIPTION
The folders command displays the names of your folders and the number of messages that they each contain. The folders command displays a list of all the folders in your Mail directory. The folders are sorted alphabetically, each on its own line. This is illustrated in the following example: Folder # of messages ( range ); cur msg (other files) V2.3 has 3 messages ( 1- 3). adrian has 20 messages ( 1- 20); cur= 2. brian has 16 messages ( 1- 16). chris has 12 messages ( 1- 12). copylog has 242 messages ( 1- 242); cur= 225. inbox+ has 73 messages ( 1- 127); cur= 127. int has 4 messages ( 1- 4); cur= 2 (others). jack has 17 messages ( 1- 17); cur= 17. TOTAL= 387 messages in 8 folders. The plus sign (+) after inbox indicates that it is the current folder. The information about the int folder includes the term (others). This indicates that the folder int contains files which are not messages. These files may be either sub-folders, or files that do not belong under the MH file naming scheme. The folders command is identical to the effect of using the -all option to the folder command. If you use folders with the +folder argument, it will display all the subfolders within the named folder. as shown in the following exam- ple: % folders +test Folder # of messages ( range ); cur msg (other files) test+ has 18 messages ( 1- 18); (others). test/testone has 1 message ( 1- 1). test/testtwo has no messages. TOTAL= 19 messages in 3 folders. See refile(1) for more details of sub-folders. RESTRICTIONS
MH does not allow you to have more than 100 folders at any level in your Mail directory. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your MH directory Folder-Protect: To set protections when creating a new folder Folder-Stack: To determine the folder stack lsproc: Program to list the contents of a folder FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
csh(1), folder(1), refile(1), mhpath(1) folders(1)