Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ignoring several lines at once in cshell Post 302350095 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 07:13:19 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count lines - ignoring blank lines and commented lines

What is the command to count lines in a files, but ignore blank lines and commented lines? I have a file with 4 sections in it, and I want each section to be counted, not including the blank lines and comments... and then totalled at the end. Here is an example of what I would like my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep in Cshell

Hi Everyone, I'm facing a problem using grep in Cshell. This is what i'm trying to do: grep "abc" somefile VAR="$?" echo $VAR somefile contains: abc def ghi Now, should'nt my output be 0 (Zero) I'm getting 1 (One) Can you please help me out. Thanks in advance :) G1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding Decimals in Cshell

Hello... I am new to unix and I am wondering if in a C-shell script , Are we supposed to use only whole numbers........ for example..if a program needs to calculate the average of some numbers........ @ avg = (($1 +$2 + $3)/3)) is returning a whole number.........How can a decimal be achieved... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravindra22
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleteing duplicate lines sing uniq while ignoring a column

I have a data set that has 4 columns, I want to know if I can delete duplicate lines while ignoring one of the columns, for example 10 chr1 ASF 30 15 chr1 ASF 20 5 chr1 ASF 30 6 chr2 EBC 15 4 chr2 EBC 30 ... I want to know if I can delete duplicate lines while ignoring column 1, so the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: japaneseguitars
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignoring lines in a file

HI, command to cat a readable file by ignoring the first line and last line or command to cat a readable file by ignoring the lines with delimiter Please advise on this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring lines and create new file

Hello, I have a requirement to ignore few lines in a file before keyword FILEHEADER . As soon as there is keyword FILEHEADER is identified in file , it will form another file with data from FILEHEADER to whatever in file after FILEHEADER. I wrote filename=$1 awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmatkarna
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a column with a value by ignoring the header lines

i have a file in the gz format , the content of the file is as follow. gzcat f1.gz # 1.name # 2.location # 3.age # 4.dob . . . . . . . . . # 43.hobbies < Aravind,33,chennai,09091980, , , , , , , surfing> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count duplicate lines ignoring certain columns

I have this structure: col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 27 xxx 38 aaa ttt 2 xxx 38 aaa yyy 1 xxx 38 aaa yyy I need to collapse duplicate lines ignoring column 1 and add values of duplicate lines (col1) so it will look like this: col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 27 xxx 38 aaa ttt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coppuca
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines after ignoring case and spaces between

Oracle Linux 6.5 $ cat someStrings.txt GRANT select on MANHPRD.S_PROD_INT TO OR_PHIL; GRANT select on MANHPRD.S_PROD_INT TO OR_PHIL; GRANT select on SCOTT.emp to JOHN; grant select on scott.emp to john; grant select on scott.dept to hr;If you ignore the case and the empty space between the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
6 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)