Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logical AND operation with egrep Post 302350035 by sam25 on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 03:12:32 PM
Old 09-02-2009
not working error coming

$awk -v n=$key '/n/' file.csv
awk: Cannot find or open file /n/.
The source line number is 1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep cheat sheet anywhere? Looking for meaning of egrep -c

Hi I've been searching google and have not found what egrep -c means. Does anyone know where I can get a cheat sheet or what that -c means? thanks, Linda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leelm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array operation

Hi, I would like ask for you help for coding array operation. array= ( a b c d e f ) I would like to remove entry "d" from my array and import the remaining entries back to the array. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat operation

Hi, Can anyone explain me what is the functionality of this code cat << EOF > $TSTFILE /$1/ { print "SENT" } EOF Suggestions welcome Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do logical AND and logical OR with grep

Hi can someone please help me on this. I need to perform this code: Grep any lines that meets the following criteria (A AND B) OR (A AND C) I tried this code, but it didn't work Grep-I "A &&B" | "A&&C" *.* $ thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search ")" with egrep - egrep: syntax error

Hi Guys, we have a shell script which basically query the Database which retrieves huge data and use the data with "egrep" . Now there is some data which contains characters like "abc)" and the same is used like below : "egrep (.+\|GDPRAB16\|GDPR/11702 96 abc)\|$ temp.txt" now while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string operation

I am trying to ask for full name in a script, Then echo back to the user with the surname only, omitting the first name. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orjnet
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Operation

I have one text file like 1 filename 2 filename2 3 hi 4 myname i have one variable in which i have index value..i.e.1,2,3 and so... i want to copy value after the index into somevariable..... how i can do it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Operation

/home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/file4 this is the path...i have 2 variables filename and filepath...i want filename=file4 filepath=/home8/mc09ats/UnixCw i.e. i think i have to find last occurence of "/" in string and the string after "/" want to take in some variable and string before last "/"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Operation and Maintenance

I gurus of Solaris, I need to do a Procedure concerning in the Maintenance of Solaris Server. What are the parameters that I must be see Periodically in a Server. For example the space I (df -h) must be each week.- In this server exist a Database aplication (Oracle), and log's that increase or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)