Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately) Post 302350005 by vbe on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 01:25:21 PM
Old 09-02-2009
Forgot... the second code was for memory...

Last edited by vbe; 09-02-2009 at 02:30 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Have Top Display The Top 20 Processes??

how can i do that in a script withough havin the script halt at the section where the top command is located. am writign a script that will send me the out put of unx commands if the load average of a machine goes beyond the recommended number. top -n 20 i want to save this output to a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

top %CPU.

I am using the Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon), 2.4.21-4.EL. When I see the output of the command 'top'. I am getting the following ************************************************************************************ 2 processes: 227 sleeping, 5 running, 0 zombie, 0 stopped... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To Scroll Processes In top?

I'm using top to view processes. But, I do not know how to scroll down the list to view what is not showed in the terminal window. Anyone know how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keenansnews
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Warning in Top 10 cpu consuming processes

I m using following command to find top 10 cpu consuming processes. However whenever i execute the command i get following warning. What can be done to avoid it? # ps -auxf | sort -nr -k 3 | head -10 Warning: bad syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See /usr/share/doc/procps-3.2.7/FAQ root ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HOWTO - Total memory and CPU usage ... without top?

Hi all, Is it possible to get total memory usage and free memory usage without top? By Googling I found for total memory usage, use vmstat, for CPU, use mpstat, for disk I/O use iostat, is this correct? Will using sar gives the same result as ALL of these three (3) commands? What about if I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print 10 most CPU-intensive processes (wo/ top)

ps -eo pid,comm,%cpu lists all processes (in increasing PID number). How to get only the top-10 most CPU intensive ones? I know about top: this is BASH exercise. I tried redirecting above code to cut ps -eo pid,comm,%cpu | cut -f2but ps' output isn't TAB delimited. How can I otherwise use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: courteous
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Discrepancy in finding the top memory consuming processes

When I run 'top' command,I see the following Memory: 32G real, 12G free, 96G swap free Though it shows as 12G free,I am not able to account for processes that consume the rest 20G. In my understanding some process should be consuming atleast 15-16 G but I am not able to find them. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasperl
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to see top processes for every hour

Hi All, I am new to Scripting , please give me guidance to write the script to see top processes on the Linux operating system. I executed this script on my Virtual Server(Linux) DATE=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` HOME=/home/xmp/testing/xmp_report RADIUS_PID=`xms -xmp sh pr | grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madala
2 Replies
curs_memleaks(3X)														 curs_memleaks(3X)

NAME
_nc_freeall _nc_free_and_exit - curses memory-leak checking SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> void _nc_freeall(void); void _nc_free_and_exit(int); DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to simplify analysis of memory leaks in the ncurses library. They are normally not available; they must be con- figured into the library at build time using the --disable-leaks option. That compiles-in code that frees memory that normally would not be freed. Any implementation of curses must not free the memory associated with a screen, since (even after calling endwin), it must be available for use in the next call to refresh. There are also chunks of memory held for performance reasons. That makes it hard to analyze curses ap- plications for memory leaks. To work around this, one can build a debugging version of the ncurses library which frees those chunks which it can, and provides these functions to free all of the memory allocated by the ncurses library. The _nc_free_and_exit function is the preferred one since some of the memory which is freed may be required for the application to continue running. Its parameter is the code to pass to the exit routine. RETURN VALUE
These functions do not return a value. PORTABILITY
These functions are not part of the XSI interface. SEE ALSO
curses(3X). curs_memleaks(3X)