Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TTY Insane
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers TTY Insane Post 302349750 by Corona688 on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 05:56:18 PM
Old 09-01-2009
That looks almost like line noise...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insane question : Playing mp3 file from Sun Sparc

hi, i know this is crazy. but i can do this from linux in intel platform. just wonder can my Sun Solaris 8 sparc can do the same thing? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
2 Replies

2. AIX

tty

Hi All can anyone tell me what is the meaning of tty,or give me an example of this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

3. AIX

Tty Over Run

dears i have two IBM p630 application servers, they are running hacmp 5.2 as the clustering software. from the output of errpt on one of the nodes i am receiving the following error: 9D30B78E 0530020007 T S tty1 RECEIVER OVER-RUN ON INPUT please are there any ideas about how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pts and tty

hi iam very new to linux can anyone tell me about pts and tty acctually today morning i logged into my pc at 9:51 when i have given #who it has given sam tty7 9:51 sam pts/1 10:11 so what does it mean (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praneel2k
1 Replies

5. Solaris

tty hack

hi all, what i want to do when user open terminal like tty5 and do his work i want to see his terminal how can i do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tty changes?

I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology but somehow my tty keeps changing on me. The man pages are confusing to me on what exactly the tty is. This is what I see when I run the tty command. Could anyone explain why my tty keeps changing? ~ $ tty /dev/pts/1 ~ $ tty /dev/pts/0 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insane redirection behavior

Hi guys, I know computers don't misbehave. But I'm puzzled by what's happening right know in a script : I simplified the example to point out what seems weird to me. Don't try to find any sense to this stupid script. There are 10 rows in /tmp/tmp.txt i=0 tmpfile=/tmp/tmp.txt while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing software -going insane

I have Solaris 10 update 11 installed on a virtual machine which I use for my lunix class (I'm studying I.T. but have little unix experience). So I have root access* I'm also do C programming in my course and would love to do it on my Solaris machine. So I looked into installing GCC and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goformickey
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: Redirecting to tty and reading from tty

In bash, you can do something like this: #!/bin/bash echo -n "What is your name? " > /dev/tty read thename < /dev/tty How can I do the same in python? I have a python script that has the following content: #!/usr/bin/python2.7 import getpass import sys import telnetlib import... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-getty-generator					SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-getty-generator - Generator for enabling getty instances on the console SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-getty-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-getty-generator is a generator that automatically instantiates serial-getty@.service on the kernel console /dev/console if that is not directed to the virtual console subsystem. It will also instantiate serial-getty@.service instances for virtualizer consoles, if execution in a virtualized environment is detected. This should ensure that the user is shown a login prompt at the right place, regardless of which environment the system is started in. For example, it is sufficient to redirect the kernel console with a kernel command line argument such as console= to get both kernel messages and a getty prompt on a serial TTY. See kernel-parameters.txt[1] for more information on the console= kernel parameter. systemd-getty-generator implements the generator specification[2]. Further information about configuration of gettys you may find in systemd for Administrators, Part XVI: Gettys on Serial Consoles (and Elsewhere)[3]. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), agetty(8) NOTES
1. kernel-parameters.txt https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt 2. generator specification http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Generators 3. systemd for Administrators, Part XVI: Gettys on Serial Consoles (and Elsewhere) http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/serial-console.html systemd 208 SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)