Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java out of memory
Operating Systems Solaris Java out of memory Post 302349084 by helplineinc on Monday 31st of August 2009 05:15:31 AM
Old 08-31-2009
Java out of memory

Hi I am running a process on Solaris server having disk space is 31% and VMSTAT sersult is shown below:
kthr memory page disk faults cpu
r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr s1 s2 s3 s4 in sy cs us sy id
0 0 0 9424488 10718576 6 31 6 1 1 0 0 6 -0 1 0 360 349174 444 20 13 67

while we run process...we are getting "Exception in thread main java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:Java heap space Error

Please suggest what to do?

Thanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hunting Java memory. VSZ? 11.2 and 11.3

We are running into what appears to be a memory leak in java with a program that we are developing. The growth has been confirm on a 12day test. When we look at garbage collection with hpjtune, and jmeter, it appears to releasing the heap memory properly. Does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: craigclee
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking heap memory size for java app

Hi I have one Java application installed in my Solaris system. Is there a way to find out the heap memory allocated size/used size/free size for the particular Java process? If anyone knows the command, please let me know. Even I appreciate if I have any scripts to find out the same. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Memory usage by oracle, java

Hello Gurus, In Office, I have unix Solaris Server. Oracle and Java is installed on Solaris Server. Oracle when starts then oracle loads SGA, PGA memory and graps solaris server memory. In the same manner java and other applications grabs memory for them. I want memory distribution of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: get_chandrakant
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Memory conmsumption by Java server is very high on Linux compared to Soalris

Hello All, We have a jave server running on both linux and Solaris environments. On solaris,it consumes only 600-700MB whereas it goes upto 21G in Linux. I am monitoring the memory consumption through top command. Is this high memory consumption expected in Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasperl
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Java process showing high virtual memory

Hi All, I have a java process which is showing high virtual memory utilization in client server. But the same process is showing comparitively lesser virtual memory consumption. I understand that virtual memory shown is not of much importance for the general user in normal condition, my client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mritusmoi
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)