Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers home directories not being created by useradd Post 302348733 by methyl on Saturday 29th of August 2009 11:43:07 AM
Old 08-29-2009
Try looking up the "-m" switch in "man useradd".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete old home directories

I have a script that deletes obselete users from /etc/passwd then moves their home directories to another location. After 30 days, I need to delete the home directories that were moved to the new location. I would appreciate any ideas on how to delete the directories after the 30 days? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munch
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files still being created in /var/spool/mmdf/lock/home

Hi all I need help finding a process that is continuing to create files in the above area. There are three sub folder titled addr q.local and msg . I have already found a process called mmdf running and have used the kill command to stop this from running. I have also looked for sendmail or... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeaMaker
12 Replies

3. Solaris

How to backup /home directories?

I know that how to backup the home directories in sun sparc server. Firstly, umount the filesystem, Secondly, fsck the filesystem, Thirdly, ufsdump the filesystem. Anybody know how to type the full command line backup the /home directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingsan
1 Replies

4. Programming

opendir() + customly created directories

Gday all In a program I am designing, I am using opendir() to test whether entries under a certain directory are sub-directories or not. This method works fine for the directory itself (.) and the parent directory (..), however it does not work for any sub-directories I manually create. i.e.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX home directories

Hi All, Could someone help, am a complete beginner when it comes to UNIX. However I have been tasked with investigating automatic creation of UK unix home directories. Is someone able to help? Thanks in advance! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainster
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directories only and delete them created 3 days before

Hello I have some directories and files created under /export/local/user I would like to delete directories only under /export/local/user, created before 3 days Can someone help me with command to do this task? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Home directories in packages

Hi, At my new company they use HP-UX on all the servers. They use Serviceguard to provide different packages, which are treated as if they where seperate systems. Therefore people log into packages instead of Host, and even the home directories live in the package. Now there are a different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michas
4 Replies

8. Solaris

useradd: ERROR: Path must not start with '/home/'.

root@solaris11express:/home# useradd -d /home/oracle oracle UX: useradd: ERROR: Path must not start with '/home/'. and the user oracle is not being created... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kompcouk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User's home directory not being created

I am trying to create Oracle user. I will install oracle after that. But my problem is /home/oracle directory is not being created. bash-3.2# useradd -g oinstall -G dba,oper -d /home/oracle -m oracle cp: /home/oracle: Operation not applicable chown: /home/oracle: No such file or directory ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubatuwang
3 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

NIS created users without a home directory

Hi all, So I have created two Centos machines. One is configured as a NIS master and the second is a NIS cleint. The NIS configs are all working perfectly. I created a user nisuser on NIS Master and I can use it on the client. BUT it doesnt show a home directory . Ive been told there is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
9 Replies
AXSPAWN.CONF(5) 					     Linux Programmer's Manual						   AXSPAWN.CONF(5)

NAME
axspawn.conf - Control the operation of axspawn. DESCRIPTION
The axspawn.conf file controls the operation of the axspawn(8) program. The operation of the config file can best be seen in an example: # this is /etc/ax25/axspawn.conf # # allow automatic creation of user accounts create yes # allow empty password field (so user may login via telnet, too) [default no] create_empty_password no #create_empty_password yes # create with system utility useradd(8)? [default no] #create_with_useradd no create_with_useradd yes # # pwcheck method: password or call or group. [default: password] #pwcheck call #pwcheck group pwcheck password # # guest user if above is 'no' or everything else # fails. Disable with "no" guest guest # # group id or name for autoaccount group hams # # first user id to use first_uid 400 # # maximum user id max_uid 2000 # # where to add the home directory for the new user home /home/hams # # secure homedirectories (g-rwx) #secure_home yes # # user's shell shell /bin/bash # # bind user id to callsign for outgoing connects. associate yes The "associate" option has to be used with great care. If a user logs on it removes any existing callsign from the translation table for this userid and replaces it with the callsign and SSID of the user. This will happen with multiple connects (same callsign, different SSIDs), too. Unless you want your users to be able to call out from your machine disable "associate". FILES
/etc/ax25/axspawn.conf SEE ALSO
axspawn(8). Linux 2 August 1996 AXSPAWN.CONF(5)