Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: process tree
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting process tree Post 302348698 by annapurna konga on Saturday 29th of August 2009 07:58:32 AM
Old 08-29-2009
process tree

how to draw a process tree if i know my process id
and how can i identify session leaders

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

making a process tree

How can I make a process tree? The tree must have X rows and each process must have Y sons. All the processes must comunicate with their fathers. Can anyone help me with that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bb666
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

· simerian · UNIX Process List Tree

#!/usr/bin/ksh # # COPYRIGHT (c) 2003 - SIMERIAN # # e: info@simerian.com # w: www.simerian.com # # DISCLAIMER # The author of this product does not accept any responsibility for # loss or damages resulting from the use of said product and makes no # warranty or representation, either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simerian
3 Replies

3. Programming

directory as tree

hi i have modified a program to display directory entries recursively in a tree like form i need an output with the following guidelines: the prog displays the contents of the directory the directory contents are sorted before printing so that directories come before regular files if an entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anything2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tree command

In DOS, to get the complete directory structure, we use 'TREE' command.. can anyone tell me what is the equivalent command in Unix I am using SunOS ABC 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

5. Programming

implementing AVL tree

how is an AVL tree implemented and insertions are made to itwenever a new socket is created and deletions are made when the socket is closed or connection is disconnected.how to read and print the names of all the current sockets. Please send the source code. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arjunjag
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory tree

Hi all, The following is a script for displaying directory tree. D=${1:-`pwd`} (cd $D; pwd) find $D -type d -print | sort | sed -e "s,^$D,,"\ -e "/^$/d"\ -e "s,*/\(*\)$,\:-----\1,"\ -e "s,*/,: ,g" | more exit 0 I am trying to understand the above script.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tree with UNIX

Hello ! I am trying to find out if a simple command could build me a tree containing all the subdirectories for a specific directory. I have a tree like /home/user/blabla..../mytree with a lot of symbolic links. It is quite tricky to find out where my data are 'logically' stored. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunbol
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create this tree?

a buddy and i are trying to re-learn basic commands. i havent used linux for awhile. so i need help on this. what are the commands to create a tree like this. . |-- a1.A |-- a1.B |-- opt | |-- documents | | `-- tmp | | |-- backup | | `-- etc | |-- music | `--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ink
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tree command

How can i install tree command in ubundu without root ? I have found some shell script which does the same job as tree but i would like to get all the options in tree command thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
2 Replies

10. Programming

Binary Tree

I have just been researching this topic and I was wondering what type of application might a binary tree be used for. For instance what type of application would be a good showcase for a binary tree that I could write as an example? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
5 Replies
getsid(2)							   System Calls 							 getsid(2)

NAME
getsid - get process group ID of session leader SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> pid_t getsid(pid_t pid); DESCRIPTION
The getsid() function obtains the process group ID of the process that is the session leader of the process specified by pid. If pid is (pid_t)0, it specifies the calling process. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, getsid() returns the process group ID of the session leader of the specified process. Otherwise, it returns (pid_t)-1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The getsid() function will fail if: EPERM The process specified by pid is not in the same session as the calling process, and the implementation does not allow access to the process group ID of the session leader of that process from the calling process. ESRCH There is no process with a process ID equal to pid. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), fork(2), getpid(2), getpgid(2), setpgid(2), setsid(2), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Jan 1996 getsid(2)