Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mksysb mkdvd rootvg > 6gb
Operating Systems AIX Mksysb mkdvd rootvg > 6gb Post 302348668 by filosophizer on Saturday 29th of August 2009 05:37:29 AM
Old 08-29-2009
Mksysb mkdvd rootvg > 6gb

Hello,

Just wondering if I don't have tape drive or NIM server then what are the possible ways to make mksysb ?

My DVD-RAM has only 4GB capacity where as my rootvg is more than 6GB

anythoughts ?

POSTSCRIPT:

SEE HERE FOR THE SOLUTION:
Need to take MKSYSB backup

Last edited by filosophizer; 09-06-2009 at 10:19 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

Anyone know how to access rootvg?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with an AIX system here. I have no experience with system administration of IBM stuff. Our local admin is ... um ... not available at this time. I found something online that said enter service mode - How the heck do I do that??? Why is IBM stuff lack proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. AIX

mkdvd mkcd mksysb from file fails

Hello Folks,Having some problems moving an old mksysb backup to a file image.data to DVD-RAM1) From mkdvd if i do a new backup it works fineBUT2) From mkdvd if I do fails:+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+| Use an existing mksysb image?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
8 Replies

5. AIX

mirroring rootvg

I would like to konw wheather below steps are sufficient for mirroring rootvg. extendvg rootvg hdisk1 mirrorvg rootvg bootlist -m normal hdisk0 hdisk1 bosboot -ad hdisk0 bosboot -ad hdisk1 or anything needs to be added. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

6. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

7. AIX

Mkcd and mkdvd errors

Hi all, i use both mkcd and mkdvd for making bootable images of aix 5.3 servers i have. They have dvd reader but no writer. I have the following questions/errors: 1. When the process of mkcd/mkdvd is running and i have 61510 of 61510 files (100%) 0512-038 mksysb: Backup Completed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stetsip
1 Replies

8. AIX

Can I use mkdvd to create bootable DVD from mksysb on tape

Hi, Is it possible to use mkdvd to create a bootable DVD using a mksysb on tape as the source image? On the system concerned, we don't have enough free space to create the mksysb to file first, so would like to use the existing tape mksysb backup. The DVD disk/s will then be used to boot a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp36
4 Replies

9. Hardware

2013 Apple Mac Pro 2.7GHz 12 Core/64GB/256GB Flash/Dual AMD FirePro D700 6GB 6,1

Hey MacPro users. I just bought a refurbished 13-Core MacPro with 64GB of RAM for a cybersecurity gaming project I'm working on. Could not wait for the new MacPro in 2019, so this will have to do: 2013 Apple Mac Pro 2.7GHz 12 Core/64GB/256GB Flash/Dual AMD FirePro D700 6GB 6,1 Now, I'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

10. AIX

Mkdvd mksysb

hello How can I know which files did not get backuped Command: OK stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. Initializing mkcd log: /var/adm/ras/mkcd.log... Verifying command parameters... Creating image.data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies
tms(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    tms(4)

Name
       tms - TMSCP magnetic tape interface

Syntax
       For UNIBUS, Q-bus:
	  controller klesiu0 at uba0
	  controller uq0 at klesiu0 csr 0174500 vector uqintr
	  tape tms0 at uq0 drive 0

For MSI Bus:
	  adapter msi0 at nexus?
	  controller dssc0 at msi0 msinode 0
	  tape tms0 at dssc0 drive 3

For VAXBI:
	  controller klesib0 at vaxbi0 node 0
	  controller uq0 at klesib0 vector uqintr
	  tape tms0 at uq0 drive 0

controller aie0 at vaxbi? node?
	  controller bvpssp0 at aie0 vector bvpsspintr
	  tape tms0 at bvpssp0 drive 0

For MSI Bus:
	  adapter msi0 at nexus?
	  controller dssc0 at msi0 msinode 0
	  tape tms0 at dssc0 drive 0

For VAX CI/HSC:
	  adapter ci0 at nexus?
	  adapter ci0 at vaxbi? node?
	  controller hsc0 at ci0 cinode 6
	  tape tms0 at hsc0 drive 3

Description
       Prior to Version 2.0, this device was referenced by tmscp(4).

The  TMSCP  driver  provides  a standard tape drive interface, as described in This is a driver for any controller that adheres to the Tape
       Mass Storage Control Protocol (TMSCP).  The TMSCP controllers communicate with the host through a packet-oriented protocol termed the  Tape
       Mass  Storage  Control Protocol.  This driver also supports n-buffered reads and writes to the raw tape interface (used with streaming tape
       drives).  See for further details.

Tape Support
       TK50, TK70, TF70, TU81, TU81e, TA78, TA79, TA81, RV20, TA90, TA90E, TA91

Diagnostics
       All diagnostic messages are sent to the error logger subsystem.

Files
See Also
       mtio(4), nbuf(4), MAKEDEV(8), uerf(8), tapex(8)
       Guide to the Error Logger

tms(4)