Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - QLogic 4060C iSCSI adapter - multipathed (MPxIO) Post 302348530 by sb008 on Friday 28th of August 2009 01:58:52 PM
Old 08-28-2009
Solaris 10 - QLogic 4060C iSCSI adapter - multipathed (MPxIO)

System: Sun M3000 and M4000
iSCSI HBA: 2x QLE4060C (QLogic)

In each system are 2 QLE4060C iSCSI adapters.

I manage to set up both HBA's to connect to the LUNs on the SAN

However I don't manage to enable multi-pathing.

Made the necessary changes to /kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.comf MPxIO is enabled in /kernel/drv/iscsi.conf

However the system doesn't recognize them as multipath-capable controllers.

Anyone any experience with this?

TIA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 10/08 sparc + iSCSI

hi, I have installed Solaris 10 10/08 on sparc machine. I would like to configure iSCSI on that to mount SAN Volumes. Is there any need to install any additional patches for iSCSI to work. Thanks, Prashant. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantbhushan
4 Replies

2. Solaris

iscsi device on solaris 10 (x64)

Hello! I have several disks discovered using iscsi protocol. There disks are represented in OS like c2txd0 . logs: Is it possible to change drive path, for example, from c2t6d0 to c2t7d0? It's important for me because I have to install oracle RAC on RAW devices. NIck (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skelet
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 10/09 u8, iSCSI and SUN Trunking

I am running Solaris 10 on a V490. I have Dell EqualLogic SAN attached. I would like to take full advantage of the iSCSI initiator. I have a primary network interface and IP addresses for all four SAN ports. Since the four ports are SUN GigaSwift (legacy), I cannot utilize dladm, so I downloaded... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSFlyer
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client)?

how to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 MPXIO doesn't recover path failure

I have been running some tests with solaris mpxio, dual-pathed to HDS SAN storage. When I take a path offline, Solaris recognised this and a path is shown as offline in luxadm display <device>. However, it does not recover on reinstatement of the path until I run cfgadm -al. Any ideas? Phil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UKPhil
3 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris turn off multipath mpxio

Im not able to turn the multipath off on the solaris s10 X86...since im on FC boot.. if i disable multipath , from /kernel/drv/iscsi.conf then im not able to boot the machine.:wall: Is there any other go or any suggestions . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowtham.varma
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 + mpxio Path

Hi, I have an Oracle/Sun T3-2 Server with a duel SAS controller Fujitsu DX60 array attached. I have 2 x SAS HBA's in the T3-2. One HBA cabled to CM0 and one HBA cabled to CM1 of the array. The array is setup with one RAID GROUP and one VOLUME and one LUN In Solaris I can see one device... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 iscsi chap auth

hi to all i've done that steps, but i was not completely successful: sudo pkg install group/feature/storage-server sudo svcadm enable stmf sudo zfs create -V 1g rpool/LUN1 sudo stmfadm create-lu /dev/zvol/rdsk/rpool/LUN1 sudo stmfadm list-lu ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm83
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris OS having issue accessing LUN from Qlogic swich

Hi Community, I am facing one issue related storage accessing from solaris 10 machine(M5000). it was working fine then we shifted to another site. the only change on that site is FC switch. The issue i am facing is from solaris machine i can able to see the LUN, it;s only a test lun of 30... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
17 Replies

10. Solaris

Qlogic 10G Ethernet adapter not working

Hi Community, i have one issue with 10 fiber ethernet adapter. here is my details: root@new-bpel.example.com #dladm show-dev bge0 link: unknown speed: 0 Mbps duplex: unknown bge1 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full qlge2 link:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
4 Replies
stmfDevidFromIscsiName(3STMF)			   SCSI Target Mode Framework Library Functions 		     stmfDevidFromIscsiName(3STMF)

NAME
stmfDevidFromIscsiName - convert an iSCSI name to a stmfDevid structure SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lstmf [ library... ] #include <libstmf.h> int stmfDevidFromIscsiName(char *iscsiName, stmfDevid *devid); PARAMETERS
iscsiName A character string of UTF-8 encoded Unicode characters representing the iSCSI name terminated with the Unicode nul character. devid A pointer to a stmfDevid structure allocated by the caller. On successful return, this will contain the converted device iden- tifier. On error, the value of this parameter is undefined. DESCRIPTION
The stmfDevidFromIscsiName() function converts an iSCSI name to a stmfDevid structure. It returns the devid as a SCSI name string identi- fier. RETURN VALUES
The following values are returned: STMF_ERROR_INVALID_ARGUMENT The value of iscsiName was not valid iSCSI name. STMF_STATUS_SUCCESS The API call was successful. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libstmf(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 9 Jun 2008 stmfDevidFromIscsiName(3STMF)