Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with the script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with the script Post 302348452 by Scott on Friday 28th of August 2009 09:27:35 AM
Old 08-28-2009
Hi.

What is @ for? (@<< EOF)

Why do you exit before you commit (not that it should matter?)?

And what do you mean by "not able to exit from SQL*Plus?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: issue changing directories in script

I am working on a script that checks two arguments at the command line. The first argument is a search pattern, the second can be a file or a directory, if it is a file a second script is called that checks it for the search pattern. If the second argument is a directory, it checks for the search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running from another script issue

Hello All, I am ruuning the below script. userchecking.sh ########################### #! /bin/ksh NIS_SCRIPT_HOME="/mot/systems/NIS_SCRIPT_NEW" . $NIS_SCRIPT_HOME/common.env WORK_DIR="/mot/systems/scripts/" #WORK_DIR="/mot/b36376/myscripts/nis_user_automation"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Issue

#!/bin/bash ########################################### ADMIN="usera@mblonline.com" AMQ="userb@mblonline.com" SUBJECT="Remote Shutdown Client Status" MAIL="/bin/mail" ########################################### DAT=`date '+%d-%b-%Y'` PLUGIN="/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe" PORT="5666"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: telnor
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is issue with this script?

#!/bin/ksh i=1 while do j=0 while do echo "$i" j =`expr $j + 1` done i=`expr $i + 1` done (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: targetshell
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script issue

Hi Folks, I am going through a sample script which is not working. Also i want to understand the certain syntaxes #!/bin/sh clear x="y" echo "enter ur 1st no." read n1 echo "enter ur 2nd no." read n2 while do clear echo "1.sum" echo "2.subtraction" echo "3.product"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with script

Hi, I have a script which when i run in manually it runs properly, but when i run the same script using UC4 scheduler it dose not run properly. Below is the code i am using. i am not sure what is happening when i run this through UC4 the files are not generated. but when i run this manually it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohammed_Tabish
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with the script

I am trying to run a script which ftp the files from one server to another. Below is the script - #!/bin/bash echo "Please enter no : " read variable echo "You entered: $input_variable" host=xxxxx USER=xxx PASSWORD=xxx ftp -inv $HOST <<EOF user $USER $PASSWORD cd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandraprakash
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in Script

I developed a script to group by 1st column and sum few of the column which are required, but while executing sum of 2nd column which has decimals in place is not getting correct sum. below is the script awk -F, '{a+=$2;b+=$33;c+=$58;d+=$11;e+=$50;}END{for(i in a)printf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with script

Hi, I am running below script using autosys. Though the script is running fine, it fails the workflow but the autosys job shows success. Can you please let me know where can i make change to script:- #!/bin/ksh #to test mail from directory set -x frequency=$1 param_file=/local/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajrishi990
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with pwd for script run by double click on script (MacOS High SIerra)

Hello, I have the following script that just archives and clears some log files. #!/bin/bash # script: archive_logs_and_clear # add date to logfile names and copy archive directory # clear logs # change to script directory cd ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies
TRUE(1P)						     POSIX Programmer's Manual							  TRUE(1P)

PROLOG
This manual page is part of the POSIX Programmer's Manual. The Linux implementation of this interface may differ (consult the correspond- ing Linux manual page for details of Linux behavior), or the interface may not be implemented on Linux. NAME
true - return true value SYNOPSIS
true DESCRIPTION
The true utility shall return with exit code zero. OPTIONS
None. OPERANDS
None. STDIN
Not used. INPUT FILES
None. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
None. ASYNCHRONOUS EVENTS
Default. STDOUT
Not used. STDERR
Not used. OUTPUT FILES
None. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
None. EXIT STATUS
Zero. CONSEQUENCES OF ERRORS
None. The following sections are informative. APPLICATION USAGE
This utility is typically used in shell scripts, as shown in the EXAMPLES section. The special built-in utility : is sometimes more effi- cient than true. EXAMPLES
This command is executed forever: while true do command done RATIONALE
The true utility has been retained in this volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, even though the shell special built-in : provides similar func- tionality, because true is widely used in historical scripts and is less cryptic to novice script readers. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
false, Shell Commands COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2003 TRUE(1P)