Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX hacmp in a 7 node configuration ? Post 302348431 by zxmaus on Friday 28th of August 2009 08:04:56 AM
Old 08-28-2009
Hi Shockneck,

all is in the same datacentre and will be served by the same SAN infrastructure - EMC Symmetrix with Powerpath - Raid5 on the SAN site, dedicated Adapter pairs on the lpar site - no vio except for management purposes.

According to SAN Engineering no problem to make the disks all visible on each node required - even visibility on all 7 nodes is not a problem according to them.

This proposal is for one site only - we will have similar setups for UAT and COB in another datacentre in another country - with database replication between PROD and COB.

Kind regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Node Switch Reasons in HACMP

Hi Guys, I have two nodes clustered. Each node is AIX 5.2 & they are clustered with HACMP 5.2. The mode of the cluster is Active/Passive which mean one node is the Active node & have all resource groups on it & the 2nd node is standby. Last Monday I noted that all resource groupes have been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
2 Replies

2. AIX

Which files can be deleted in /usr in an aix hacmp node?

Hi Can ony one advise which files can be deleted in /usr in an aix hacmp node ? Im new to aix and Im not sure which files can be deleted ? #df -g /usr Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd2 7.00 1.00 86% 67013 22% /usr ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
4 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP 5.4.1 Two-Node-Cluster-Configuration-Assistant fails

This post just as a follow-up for thread https://www.unix.com/aix/115548-hacmp-5-4-aix-5300-10-not-working.html: there was a bug in the clcomdES that would cause the Two-Node-Cluster-Configuration-Assistant to fail even with a correct TCP/IP adapter setup. That affected HACMP 5.4.1 in combinatin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shockneck
0 Replies

4. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

5. AIX

Service IP issue in HACMP, Working with only one node

Hi, I have a running HACMP Cluster with two nodes. Its working in active/passive mode. (i.e Out of the two nodes in the cluster one will be active and the other one will be on standby. If first node fails the other takes over) 1. There is a Service IP associated with the cluster. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

6. AIX

Should GPFS be configured before/after configuring HACMP for 2 node Cluster?

Hi, I have a IBM Power series machine that has 2 VIOs and hosting 20 LPARS. I have two LPARs on which GPFS is configured (4-5 disks) Now these two LPARs need to be configured for HACMP (PowerHA) as well. What is recommended? Is it possible that HACMP can be done on this config or do i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

7. AIX

HACMP two-node cluster with two SAN storages mirrored using LVM

HACMP two-node cluster with mirrored LVM. HACMP two-node cluster with two SAN storages mirrored using LVM. Configured 2 disk heartbeat networks - 1 per each SAN storage. While performing redundancy tests. Once one of SAN storage is down - cluster is going to ERROR state. What are the guidelines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OdilPVC
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to check if HACMP is running on AIX node?

Hello AIX experts, I have few queries and appreciate if you could help me with them. 1. How to check if HACMP (or any other AIX OS cluster) is installed 2. How to check if HACMP (or any other AIX OS cluster) is running 3. how to check which Oracle DB instance is running on it 4. how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

9. AIX

HEA configuration on managed node.

Folks, Please have a look to the attached screenshot from my managed node's HEA configuration option page. I would like to know - what does "Flow Control Enabled" checkbox help us with if opted for? Thanks! -- Souvik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
3 Replies

10. AIX

Crash dump and Panic message : RSCT Dead Man Switch Timeout for HACMP; halting non-responsive node

Dear all i have two aix system -Model : P770 -OS version: AIX 6.1 -patch level : 6100-07-04-1216 -ha version : HACMP v 6.1.0.8 -host : A, B last Wednesday, my B system suddenly went down with crash dump. after 1 minute, A system went down with crash dump. I checked the dump of A-system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
6 Replies
pbs_resources_sp2(7B)                                                   PBS                                                  pbs_resources_sp2(7B)

NAME
pbs_resources_sp2 - pbs resources on IBM SP-2 DESCRIPTION
This page summarizes the resources supported by PBS for the IBM SP-2. These resources are specified by including them in the -l option argument on the qsub or qalter command or in the PBS job script. RESOURCES
nice The nice value under which the job is to be run. Units: unitary. walltime Maximum amount of real time during which the job can be in the running state. Units: time. arch Specifies the administrator defined system architecture requried. This defaults to whatever the PBS_MACH string is set to in "local.mk". Units: string. host Name of host on which job should be run. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. nodes Number and/or type of nodes to be reserved for exclusive use by the job. The value is one or more node_specs joined with the '+' character, "node_spec[+node_spec...]. Each node_spec is an number of nodes required of the type declared in the node_spec and a name or one or more properity or properities desired for the nodes. The number, the name, and each properity in the node_spec are separated by a colon ':'. If no number is specified, one(1) is assumed. Units: string. The name of a node is its hostname. The properities of nodes are: . ppn=# specifying the number of processors per node requested. Defaults to 1. . arbitrary string assigned by the system administrator, please check with your administrator as to the node names and properities available to you. Examples: . To ask for 12 nodes of any type: -l nodes=12 . To ask for 2 "server" nodes and 14 other nodes (a total of 16): -l nodes=2:server+14 The above consist of two node_specs "2:server" and "14". . To ask for (a) 1 node that is a "server" and has a "hippi" interface, (b) 10 nodes that are not servers, and (c) 3 nodes that have a large amount of memory an have hippi: -l nodes=server:hippi+10:noserver+3:bigmem:hippi . To ask for three nodes by name: -l nodes=b2005+b1803+b1813 . To ask for 2 processors on each of four nodes: -l nodes=4:ppn=2 . To ask for 4 processors on one node: -l nodes=1:ppn=4 . To ask for 2 processors on each of two blue nodes and three processors on one red node: -l nodes=2:blue:ppn=2+red:ppn=3 host Allows a user to specify the desired execution location. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. other Allows a user to specify site specific information. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allow- able values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. software Allows a user to specify software required by the job. This is useful if certain software packages are only available on certain systems in the site. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. EXAMPLES
qsub -l nodes=15,walltime=2:00:00 script or in a qsub script as a directive: #PBS -l nodes=15,walltime=2:00:00 RESOURCE UNITS
The resource values take the following units: time specifies a maximum time period the resource can be used. Time is expressed in seconds as an integer, or in the form: [[hours:]minutes:]seconds[.milliseconds] unitary The maximum amount of a resource which is expressed as a simple integer. SEE ALSO
the PBS ERS, qsub(1B), qalter(1B), pbs_submit(3B), pbs_alterjob(3B), pbs_statjob(3b) pbs_resources_aix4(7B), pbs_resources_irix5(7B) pbs_resources_sunos4(7B), pbs_resources_unicos8(7B) Local pbs_resources_sp2(7B)