Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using "find" and "-exec rm" ... Just no luck :( Post 302348379 by jlliagre on Friday 28th of August 2009 05:31:10 AM
Old 08-28-2009
No chaos at all, just an interesting discussion.

Can you run these commands on your machine to figure out what is going on:
Code:
touch "/tmp/find test"
find /tmp -name "find*test" -exec /bin/ls -l {} \;
find /tmp -name "find*test" -exec rm -i {} \;

Last edited by jlliagre; 08-28-2009 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: typos

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell"

Hi I have installed solaris 10 on an intel machine. Logged in as root. In CDE, i open terminal session, type login alex (normal user account) and password and i get this message No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell" :confused: What i want is: open various... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
freealut-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						freealut-config(1)

NAME
freealut-config - script to get information about the installed version of freealut SYNOPSIS
freealut-config [ --prefix= DIR] [ --exec-prefix= DIR] [ --version ] [ --libs ] [ --cflags ] DESCRIPTION
freealut-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link progams, libraries, and plugins that use freealut. The use of freealut-config is deprecated. The more generic tool pkg-config should be used instead. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses freealut. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that freealut was build with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program or library that uses freealut. --prefix=DIR If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that freealut was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --version Prints the currently installed version of freealut on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(freealut-config --cflags) -c main.c is how you might use freealut-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(freealut-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use freealut-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1) This manual page was written for sdl-config by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. It was adapted to freealut by Sam Hocevar. freealut 2003-11-22 freealut-config(1)