Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem.. can someone pls help.. Post 302348375 by harshakusam on Friday 28th of August 2009 04:56:19 AM
Old 08-28-2009
Problem.. can someone pls help..

Hi All,

My file contains data like below.
Code:

Key                              ~PILCSZY
First Name                       Szymon
Surname                          Pilch
User Code
Group                            SCO-PL
User Group Description           SCO - Poland

Key                              ~POPIJAC
First Name                       Jacek
Surname                          Popiolek
User Code                        2143047
Group                            USERS
User Group Description           Application Users

I want output as...

Code:
~PILCSZY,Szymon,Szymon,    ,SCO-PL,SCO - Poland
~POPIJAC,Jacek,Popiolek,2143047,USERS,Application Users

Can some pls helpme to get this... plssss

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange swap space problem, pls help.

During Sun Solaris 8 installation, I did allocate 1 G for the swap partition. By doing a "df -k" shows the swap space usage is only 1% even during the application server is heavily processing. However, when I do a "vmstat", it shows that the swap memory free space is only 8816 out of 1419100. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help pls

Hi, I'm a newbie. I need help on my first assignment in UNIX. 1. How do I determine the number of non-empty directories? I was told to create a variable ARCHIVE, which points to the directory that contains the archive of the messages. But I'm so dumb and I don't even know how to do this. 2. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hygsg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Tail command --urgent pls

eg: If I execute an example tail statement to put rows from one file to another, it truncates some of the data. /carrier>wc -l IntIndA.txt 1918 IntIndA.txt /carrier>tail -1918 IntIndA.txt > test /carrier>wc -l test 132 test The tail command should copy 1918 rows to test file instead of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbukns
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help

Hi, I need your help guys. I have two data files, namely 101.amberized.pdb & 101.pdb . Now I want to replace the whole 3rd column of 101.amberized.pdb with the 3rd column of 101.pdb file. How do I do it in shell? Thanks in advance Parimal (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuchu
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash: bad substitution problem...pls help!

I have this situation in my script (simplified): A=C C=10 I need to get number 10 using just A variable. I tried with : echo $`echo $A` - but i get $C string (i need number) Thanks very much for any help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xfouxs
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance problem with my script ...suggestions pls

Hi , I have included my script below, pls read thro this req. I want my script to run for every hour , the problem is I CANNOT USE CRONTAB which is prohibited inside the company. My script does what it is supposed to do (to determine the memory and then send a email if it crosses a certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivsiv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Pls do help me

When i run this command, everything is ok. The file can be email and attached but soon after i download the file, the file cant be read. It's seem corrupted. Totally cant be read although i'm using context or wordfile. Original file generated at ek_bkup/alert/tbspace_datafile.log is OK..... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple program but problem-pls Help

Hi All, I have problem in the following shell script (problem in 2and3 line i guess) #!/bin/sh set value1 = 90; set value2 = 70; if ; then echo "$value1 is normal" else echo "$value2 is abnormal" fi when executed output: $ value_test.sh (Enter) is abnormal Neither it's printing... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: user__user3110
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP PLs

I have this code: #!/bin/sh awk 'BEGIN NR == 2 repl = "PHI" $4 = repl print $0 'dryloop.txt and this code: #!/bin/sh sed -e '1s/\|$/\|COMID\|/g' -e 's/^087.*$/&PHI\|g' hl.dsldryloop > textdry.txt My code won't work. I want to change the COMID of lines starting with 087 . this is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkhei
15 Replies

10. Red Hat

VSFTPD connect problem! help me hurry pls

hello every one.. i'm new here... so this is my problem.. have vsftpd server.. and can't log in.. my config: # Example config file /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf # # The default compiled in settings are fairly paranoid. This sample file # loosens things up a bit, to make the ftp daemon more usable.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilate
4 Replies
wstring(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wstring(3C)

NAME
wstring, wscasecmp, wsncasecmp, wsdup, wscol - Process Code string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <widec.h> int wscasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); int wsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, int n); wchar_t *wsdup(const wchar_t *s); int wscol(const wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on Process Code strings terminated by wchar_t null characters. During appending or copying, these routines do not check for an overflow condition of the receiving string. In the following, s, s1, and s2 point to Process Code strings terminated by a wchar_t null. wscasecmp(), wsncasecmp() The wscasecmp() function compares its arguments, ignoring case, and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, depending upon whether s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. It makes the same comparison but compares at most n Process Code characters. The four Extended Unix Code (EUC) codesets are ordered from lowest to highest as 0, 2, 3, 1 when characters from different codesets are compared. wsdup() The wsdup() function returns a pointer to a new Process Code string, which is a duplicate of the string pointed to by s. The space for the new string is obtained using malloc(3C). If the new string cannot be created, a null pointer is returned. wscol() The wscol() function returns the screen display width (in columns) of the Process Code string s. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3C), string(3C), wcstring(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Dec 1996 wstring(3C)