Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX hacmp in a 7 node configuration ? Post 302348341 by zxmaus on Friday 28th of August 2009 03:36:14 AM
Old 08-28-2009
hacmp in a 7 node configuration ?

Hi Guys,

I have to design a multinode hacmp cluster and am not sure if the design I am thinking of makes any sense.
I have to make an environment that currently resides on 5 nodes more resilient but I have the constrain of only having 4 frames. In addition the business doesnt want to pay for more lpars than they have to. So I would like to go for a 5 active + 2 spare cluster with following setup:

Quote:
F1: A1 + A2
F2: A3 + S1
F3: A4 + S2
F4: A5

A1 could failover to S1
A2 could failover to S2
A3 could failover to S2
A4 could failover to S1
A5 could failover to S1 or S2 (this is the most important environment).
A1 has higher need in resources so I would give S1 the same amount of resources A1 has and all others need about half as much resources, so S2 would have their amount.

Do I have to make all storage (about 3-5 TB / lpar) visible to all nodes or just to the nodes that are intended to takeover the resources.

Does this sound sensible or do I forget anything in this setup? Does anyone maybe run a similar setup and can share his experiences?

I appreciate your comments.

Kind regards
zxmaus

Last edited by zxmaus; 08-28-2009 at 04:41 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Node Switch Reasons in HACMP

Hi Guys, I have two nodes clustered. Each node is AIX 5.2 & they are clustered with HACMP 5.2. The mode of the cluster is Active/Passive which mean one node is the Active node & have all resource groups on it & the 2nd node is standby. Last Monday I noted that all resource groupes have been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
2 Replies

2. AIX

Which files can be deleted in /usr in an aix hacmp node?

Hi Can ony one advise which files can be deleted in /usr in an aix hacmp node ? Im new to aix and Im not sure which files can be deleted ? #df -g /usr Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd2 7.00 1.00 86% 67013 22% /usr ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
4 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP 5.4.1 Two-Node-Cluster-Configuration-Assistant fails

This post just as a follow-up for thread https://www.unix.com/aix/115548-hacmp-5-4-aix-5300-10-not-working.html: there was a bug in the clcomdES that would cause the Two-Node-Cluster-Configuration-Assistant to fail even with a correct TCP/IP adapter setup. That affected HACMP 5.4.1 in combinatin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shockneck
0 Replies

4. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

5. AIX

Service IP issue in HACMP, Working with only one node

Hi, I have a running HACMP Cluster with two nodes. Its working in active/passive mode. (i.e Out of the two nodes in the cluster one will be active and the other one will be on standby. If first node fails the other takes over) 1. There is a Service IP associated with the cluster. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

6. AIX

Should GPFS be configured before/after configuring HACMP for 2 node Cluster?

Hi, I have a IBM Power series machine that has 2 VIOs and hosting 20 LPARS. I have two LPARs on which GPFS is configured (4-5 disks) Now these two LPARs need to be configured for HACMP (PowerHA) as well. What is recommended? Is it possible that HACMP can be done on this config or do i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

7. AIX

HACMP two-node cluster with two SAN storages mirrored using LVM

HACMP two-node cluster with mirrored LVM. HACMP two-node cluster with two SAN storages mirrored using LVM. Configured 2 disk heartbeat networks - 1 per each SAN storage. While performing redundancy tests. Once one of SAN storage is down - cluster is going to ERROR state. What are the guidelines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OdilPVC
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to check if HACMP is running on AIX node?

Hello AIX experts, I have few queries and appreciate if you could help me with them. 1. How to check if HACMP (or any other AIX OS cluster) is installed 2. How to check if HACMP (or any other AIX OS cluster) is running 3. how to check which Oracle DB instance is running on it 4. how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

9. AIX

HEA configuration on managed node.

Folks, Please have a look to the attached screenshot from my managed node's HEA configuration option page. I would like to know - what does "Flow Control Enabled" checkbox help us with if opted for? Thanks! -- Souvik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
3 Replies

10. AIX

Crash dump and Panic message : RSCT Dead Man Switch Timeout for HACMP; halting non-responsive node

Dear all i have two aix system -Model : P770 -OS version: AIX 6.1 -patch level : 6100-07-04-1216 -ha version : HACMP v 6.1.0.8 -host : A, B last Wednesday, my B system suddenly went down with crash dump. after 1 minute, A system went down with crash dump. I checked the dump of A-system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
6 Replies
cmhaltnode(1m)															    cmhaltnode(1m)

NAME
cmhaltnode - halt a node in a high availability cluster SYNOPSIS
cmhaltnode [-f] [-v] [-t] [node_name...] DESCRIPTION
cmhaltnode causes a node to halt its cluster daemon and remove itself from the existing cluster. To halt cluster on the node, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configu- ration file. See access policy in cmquerycl. When cmhaltnode is run on a node, the cluster daemon is halted and, optionally, all packages that were running on that node are moved to other nodes if possible. If node_name is not specified, the cluster daemon running on the local node will be halted and removed from the existing cluster. If you issue this command while a cluster is still in the process of forming, the command will fail with the message "Unable to connect to daemon." If this happens, wait for the cluster to form successfully, then issue the command again. Options cmhaltnode supports the following options: -f Force the node to halt even if there are packages or group members running on it. The group members on the node will be terminated. The halt scripts for all packages running on the node will be run; based on priority or dependency relation- ships, this may affect packages on other nodes. In other words, packages on other nodes may either start or halt based on this package halting. If the package configuration and current cluster membership permit, and if the package halt script succeeds, the packages will be started on other nodes. Without this option, if packages are running on the given node, the command will fail. If a package fails to halt, the node halt will also fail. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -t Test only. Provide an assessment of the package placement without affecting the current state of the nodes or packages. This option validates the node's eligibility with respect to the package dependencies as well as the external dependencies such as EMS resources, package subnets, and storage before predicting any package placement decisions. If there is a pack- age in maintenance mode running on the nodes being halted, the package will always be halted and not failover to another node; the report will not display an assessment for that package. node_name... The name of the node(s) to halt. RETURN VALUE
cmhaltnode returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Halt the cluster daemon on two other nodes: cmhaltnode node2 node3 AUTHOR
cmhaltnode was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmhaltcl(1m), cmruncl(1m), cmrunnode(1m), cmviewcl(1m), cmeval(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmhaltnode(1m)