Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Iplanet LDAP User Authentication on Solaris Post 302348236 by TonyFullerMalv on Thursday 27th of August 2009 05:58:10 PM
Old 08-27-2009
If your current pam.conf is the "out of the box" version then yes it will need amending for LDAP.
Here is an example pam.conf file for Solaris 10 from Sun:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4556/schemas-111?l=en&a=view&q=pam.conf
Note that it is rather different for Solaris 10 to previous Solaris versions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iPlanet on HP-UX - WANT to auth aganist MS Directory Services/LDAP

I am running iPlanet 6 on HP-UX 11, and presently all users can access the site. There are 6000 users accessing the website from an Windows Network. I would like users to access the site, but would also like to log user ID's in the access log, without prompting users for an ID/Password. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shuterj
1 Replies

2. Linux

LDAP authentication question

Hello, I have a Linux box with RHEL4 running on it. The box is meant to be on the DMZ. There is a directory on the box that will be remotely from time to time and I want a form of authentication on it. Presently, I have configured Basic authentication with apache but the security is not tight. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bptronics
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

HpUx and ldap Authentication

Hi to all, i try to configure an HpUx 11.23 to use a Sun Directory Server to authenticate in system. In my ldap the users is posixAccount. I read in www that there is a sotware called LDAPUX but it use a profile, and it requires a change that i can't execute in my ldap because it is used also... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suuuper
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

CVS ldap authentication

I am trying to convert all my redhat servers over to ldap. I have solved almost all the probems but am having trouble getting cvs pserver to authenticate. I'm running redhat 4. Just patched everything the other day. cvs is cvs-1.11.17-9.1.el4_7.1. Any suggestions would be welcome. Obviously... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhtrice
1 Replies

5. Solaris

LDAP authentication

Hi folks, i have opends 1.2 manually installed subversion 1.4.3 and apache2 updated by package manager. i want to access svn using LDAP authentication its giving an error: ldap_simple_bind_s() failed. what could be the problem. i wrote some text at the end of httpd.conf fpr ldap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: visu_buri
2 Replies

6. AIX

LDAP user authentication issue

Hello everyone, hoping you can provide some incite with a little problem I'm having.. I have the LDAP client configured and running on my AIX 5.3 server, which is authenticating against an eDirectory LDAP server. I can login via LDAP no problems on the AIX server with newly created users,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
4 Replies

7. Debian

webdav share per user ldap authentication

hi all, i have configured Apache with WEBDAV & my aim is sharing outlook calendars because we don't use M$ ExChange. From outlook i did a simple test & am able to share a calendar. I want to create share for each user & then authenticate against LDAP before they can publish their... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

8. AIX

LDAP authentication

Hi, We are trying to use LDAP to authenticate the login from our application. Our application is installed on AIX 6.1 and LDAP server is on active directory windows 2003. We are getting the below error when we try to login. We have the required lib file in the path it is looking for. Any idea... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nand1010_MA
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Instructions for Solaris 10 RedHat RHEL7 IPA for LDAP authentication?

Hi, does anyone have instructions on how to connect a Solaris 10 (Sparc) machine to Redhat RHEL7 IPA server for LDAP authentication, I have gone through the usual search results on Google, but nothing is working so far, but to be fair, not sure which source is the best and have NOT rewound... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
3 Replies

10. Solaris

User authentication failed while log in Solaris 8 client on Linux NIS server.

Based on the NIS migration tests I did and another question I posted earlier on. https://www.unix.com/solaris/272021-solaris-8-md5-encryption-support.html I tried to downgrade NIS linux encryption to DES to support solaris connection. So I modified /etc/pam.d/system-auth as below, password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
0 Replies
pam_sm_setcred(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 pam_sm_setcred(3)

NAME
pam_sm_setcred - Service provider implementation for pam_setcred SYNOPSIS
[ flag ... ] file ... [ library ... ] DESCRIPTION
In response to a call to the PAM framework calls from the modules listed in the pam.conf(4) file. The authentication provider supplies the back-end functionality for this interface function. is called to set the credentials of the current user associated with the authentication handle, pamh. The following flags may be set in the flags field. Note that the first four flags are mutually exclusive: Set user credentials for the authentication service. Delete user credentials associated with the authentication service. Reinitialize user credentials. Extend lifetime of user credentials. Authentication service should not generate messages. If none of these flags are set, is used as the default. The argc argument represents the number of module options passed in from the configuration file pam.conf(4). argv specifies the module options, which are interpreted and processed by the authentication service. If an unknown option is passed to the module, an error should be logged and the option ignored. If the flag is not set, then should print any failure status from the corresponding function using the conversation function. The authentication status (success or reason for failure) is saved as module-specific state in the authentication handle by the authentica- tion module. The status should be retrieved using and used to determine if user credentials should be set. Notes is passed the same module options that are used by APPLICATION USAGE
Refer to pam(3) for information on thread-safety of PAM interfaces. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, should be returned. The following values may also be returned upon error: Underlying authentication service can not retrieve user credentials. User credentials have expired. User unknown to the authentication service. Failure in setting user credentials. Ignore underlying authentication module regardless of whether the control flag is or SEE ALSO
pam(3), pam_authenticate(3), pam_setcred(3), pam_sm_authenticate(3), pam.conf(4). pam_sm_setcred(3)