Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get all lines in a file after particular time Post 302348140 by ripat on Thursday 27th of August 2009 11:48:39 AM
Old 08-27-2009
Another awk solution:
Code:
BEGIN{"date +'%H:%m:%S' --date 'now 5 minutes ago'" | getline sys_time}
$1 >= sys_time {print}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the time difference between two lines of the same log file

Hello Friends, I want to write a script for the following: nlscux62:tibprod> grep "2008 Apr 30 01:" SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-2.log | grep -i post | more 2008 Apr 30 01:01:23:928 GMT +2 SAPAdapter.SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-2 Info AER3-000095 IDOC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakam
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in file and then display 10 lines above every time

hiii, i have to write a shell script like this---- i have a huge log file name abc.log .i have to search for a pattern name "pattern",it may occur 1000 times in the log file,every time it finds the pattern it should display the 10 lines above the pattern. I appericiate your help. (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
30 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

time diffrence between two lines in a log file

Hi Experts, I am writing a shell/Perl script tp get a time diffrence of two lines in a log file. I am pasting a snippet of my log file, how it look likes. Sun Apr 26 02:11:03.162 2009 Greenwich Standard Time LOW: pid 488 tid 2072: 0: 251360: calling ARRF_LIB_Evaluate. Sun Apr 26... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting lines in file based on time

Hi, anyone has any ideas on how do we extract lines from a file with format similiar to this: (based on current time) Jun 18 00:16:50 .......... ............. ............ Jun 18 00:17:59 .......... ............. ............ Jun 18 01:17:20 .......... ............. ............ Jun 18... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: faelric
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to parse file "x" lines at a time ... awk array?

I have files that store multiple data points for the same device "vertically" and include multiple devices. It repeats a consistant pattern of lines where for each line: Column 1 is a common number for the entire file and all devices in that file Column 2 is a unique device number Column 3 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: STN
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching the lines within a range of time period in a text file

Dear All, Please advice me, I have a text file with one field date and time like below given. I need to find out the lines whchi content the time stamp between Wed May 26 11:03:11 2010 and Wed May 26 11:03:52 2010 both can be included, using awk command which could be an interactive so that I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayadalai
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find time difference between two consecutive lines in same file.

Hello I have a file in following format: IV 08:09:07 NM 08:12:01 IC 08:12:00 MN 08:14:20 NM 08:14:15 I need a script to compare time on each line with previous line and show the inconsecutive line. Ex.: 08:12:00 08:14:15 A better way... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilibit
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read two lines at time from a file

Hello community, what I need to do is read 2 rows at time from a file. I have this simple solution: File to read: LINE1 LINE2 LINE3 LINE4 LINE5 LINE6 LINE7 LINE8Read routine:#!/bin/ksh sed '1,3d' /out.txt | while read line; do read line2 echo $line $line2 doneResult:LINE1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple lines at a time from file

Hello All, I have a file like below.... dn: cn=user1,ou=org,o=org cn=user1 uid=user1 cn=user2,ou=org,o=org cn=user2 uid=user2 cn=user3,ou=org,o=org cn=user3 cn=user33 uid=user3 cn=user4,ou=org,o=org cn=user4 uid=user4 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/Parse log file's lines using time difference/timestamp

I was looking at this script which outputs the two lines which differs less than one sec. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; use constant SEC_MILIC => 1000; my $file='infile'; ## Open for reading argument file. open my $fh, "<", $file or die "Cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cele_82
1 Replies
LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)

NAME
lr_environment - Export Lire configuration in shell script form SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_environment` DESCRIPTION
The lr_environment command is used to import the Lire configuration in Lire shell scripts. All of Lire configuration variables will be written in a format that can be evaled by the shell. Shell scripts don't usually have to use that command, since it is done by the defaults file sourced by each command. The old names used by when the configuration was done in shell script are also exported by this script for backward compatibility. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: lr_environment.in,v 1.12 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)