Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu i am new to opengl , how to work opengl in ubuntu Post 302347949 by Ravikishore on Thursday 27th of August 2009 03:21:54 AM
Old 08-27-2009
Error i am new to opengl , how to work opengl in ubuntu

Hi,

i am new to opengl, how to work openGL in ubuntu ,,

i am not getting which packages as to be install and how to install those packages.

and how to work with small programs..

Please guide me ,,, it will appriceated ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help with OpenGL in Fedora Core 4.

I'm pretty much new to this Linux stuff, I installed FC4 the other night to try it out. I'm having a slight problem when launching Quake 3, it's giving me the error GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem I've updated my video drivers to the latest version and went through fglrxconfig,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filth Pig
3 Replies

2. AIX

Need to install opengl for GXT4500.

Hi, I try to install opengl bat it give a error that i need the opengl base level fileset 5.3.0.0 I use AIX 5.3 and my oslevel is now 5300-03. Where can i find the opengl files i need (5.3.0.0)? Thanks Peter. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xeonbb
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to compile openGL code which is in C++ in ubuntu

Hi, I am trying to compile openGL code which is written in c++ ..but i am getting error msgs like this root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop# g++ diss.cpp -o diss -I/usr/X11R6/include/ -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXi -lXmu -lglut -lGL -lGLU diss.cpp:1:23: error: windows.h: No such file or directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How to draw cylinder using openGL

Hi Sir, i am new to openGL, i want to know how to draw cylinder using openGL code in C or C++.. And i have to insert bitmap images on cylinder.. How to do this .. please guide me ... Thanking You in advance .. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Programming

How to Decode an image using openGL

Hi, How to decode an image using openGL library libjpeg .. which are the steps needed to do this using C language.. actually my work is to decode the image, store it on the buffer, and place it on cube surface.. please guide me,,any answer will appreciated .. (8 Replies)
8 Replies

6. Programming

Draw a 3D cylinder using openGL.

Hi, please give me, how to code to draw 3D cylinder in openGL, that should be rotated in x-direction. waiting for your reply .. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Programming

How to install openGL packages?

Hi, Any one help me regarding how to install openGL packages to work in linux. And i installed some of the packages(gl,glu), but i don't know whether they are installed are not .. Which command is should use to check whether openGL is installed are not .. I am Thankful for any kind of... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 8 and openGL

Hi everybody, Sorry to bother you one more time, but I have a problem with my Solaris 8 installation. Actually, Solaris works well, I can start X and access my desktop (CDE), but I'm having troubles using Cadds (a CAO software). Cadds works, but the 3D visualization is very slow compare to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firstpost
4 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Difference between opengl es and directfb

i dont know in which forum to ask this question ..... :( . pardon me if it is not this forum i wanted to know difference between openGL ES and directfb as far i know directfb is alternative to x11 in linux for embedded devices. something like ... application | ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexzander18
1 Replies
APTONCD(1)						      General Commands Manual							APTONCD(1)

NAME
aptoncd - CD/DVD-based repository creator for debian packages SYNOPSIS
aptoncd [options] DESCRIPTION
APTonCD is a complete solution to manage/backup/restore your packages downloaded via apt-get, aptitude and synaptic. APTonCD also is the best choice to download an entire repository and/or specific section of selected mirror, by an pretty GUI. A manual with detailed instructions can be found in the help menu of APTonCD. OPTIONS
APTonCD accept the following command-line call methods: -c, --packages-list=FILE Starts aptoncd listing the packages in FILE -l, --cache-dir=PATH Uses PATH as apt cache dir (instead of /var/cache/apt/archives -r, --temp-dir=PATH Uses PATH as temporary directory for copying files and mounting images AUTHORS APTonCD is developed by Rafael Proenca <cypherbios@ubuntu.com> and Laudeci Oliveira <laudeci@gmail.com>, with some contributors that can be found on the project page. All development is done at http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net This manual page was written by Rafael Proenca <cypherbios@ubuntu.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Rafael Proenca There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named copyright. Aug 15th, 2007 APTONCD(1)