Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting name the column based on symbols in another column Post 302347891 by edidataguy on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 09:28:39 PM
Old 08-26-2009
Ok. Then that is exactly what the code does.
I have covered only one part of it, you figure out the rest.
instead of just "sed" use "sed -e " and add the rest.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change names in a column based on the symbols in another column

If the 4th column has - sign then the names in 3rd column has to change to some user defined names (as shown in output). Thanx input1 1 a aaaaa + 2 b bbbbb + 3 c ccccc + 4 d ddddd + 5 e eeeee + 6 f xxxxx + 8 h hhhhh +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to remove duplicates based on key in first column and pattern in last column

Given a file such as this I need to remove the duplicates. 00060011 PAUL BOWSTEIN ad_waq3_921_20100826_010517.txt 00060011 PAUL BOWSTEIN ad_waq3_921_20100827_010528.txt 0624-01 RUT CORPORATION ad_sade3_10_20100827_010528.txt 0624-01 RUT CORPORATION ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to add special tag to a column based on column condition

Hi All, I have following html code <TR><TD>9</TD><TD>AR_TVR_TBS </TD><TD>85000</TD><TD>39938</TD><TD>54212</TD><TD>46</TD></TR> <TR><TD>10</TD><TD>ASCV_SMY_TBS </TD><TD>69880</TD><TD>33316</TD><TD>45698</TD><TD>47</TD></TR> <TR><TD>11</TD><TD>ARC_TBS ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering lines for column elements based on corresponding counts in another column

Hi, I have a file like this ACC 2 2 21 aaa AC 443 3 22 aaa GCT 76 1 33 xxx TCG 34 2 33 aaa ACGT 33 1 22 ggg TTC 99 3 44 wee CCA 33 2 33 ggg AAC 1 3 55 ddd TTG 10 1 22 ddd TTGC 98 3 22 ddd GCT 23 1 21 sds GTC 23 4 32 sds ACGT 32 2 33 vvv CGT 11 2 33 eee CCC 87 2 44... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polsum
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick the column value based on another column using awk or CUT

My scenario is that I need to pick value from third column based on fourth column value, if fourth column value is 1 then first value of third column.Third column (2|3|4|6|1) values are cancatenated. Please someone help me to resolve this issue. Source column1 column2 column3 column4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to sum a column based on duplicate strings in another column and show split totals

Hi, I have a similar input format- A_1 2 B_0 4 A_1 1 B_2 5 A_4 1 and looking to print in this output format with headers. can you suggest in awk?awk because i am doing some pattern matching from parent file to print column 1 of my input using awk already.Thanks! letter number_of_letters... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashob123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum column values based in common identifier in 1st column.

Hi, I have a table to be imported for R as matrix or data.frame but I first need to edit it because I've got several lines with the same identifier (1st column), so I want to sum the each column (2nd -nth) of each identifier (1st column) The input is for example, after sorted: K00001 1 1 4 3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sargotrons
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get maximum per column from CSV file, based on date column

Hello everyone, I am using ksh on Solaris 10 and I'm gathering data in a CSV file that looks like this: 20170628-23:25:01,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,55,55,1 20170628-23:30:01,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,56,56,1 20170628-23:35:00,1,0,0,1,1,2,1,57,57,2 20170628-23:40:00,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,58,58,2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of a column as new column based on header in a script

Hello, I am trying to store sum of a column as a new column inside a file but have to find the column names dynamically I/p c1,c2,c3,c4,c5 10,20,30,40,50 20,30,40,50,60 If i want to find sum only column c1, c3 and output it as c6,c7 O/p c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6,c7 10,20,30,40,50,30,70... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkathi
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk/sed summation of one column based on some entry in first column

Hi All , I am having an input file as stated below Input file 6 ddk/djhdj/djhdj/Q 10 0.5 dhd/jdjd.djd.nd/QB 01 0.5 hdhd/jd/jd/jdj/Q 10 0.5 512 hd/hdh/gdh/Q 01 0.5 jdjd/jd/ud/j/QB 10 0.5 HD/jsj/djd/Q 01 0.5 71 hdh/jjd/dj/jd/Q 10 0.5 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
5 Replies
nljust(1)						      General Commands Manual							 nljust(1)

NAME
nljust - justify lines, left or right, for printing SYNOPSIS
digits] seq] just] mode] order] margin] width] ck] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
formats for printing data written in languages with a right-to-left orientation. It is designed to be used with the and the commands (see pr(1) and lp(1)). reads the concatenation of input files (or standard input if none are given) and produces on standard output a right-to-left formatted ver- sion of its input. If appears as an input file name, reads standard input at that point. Use to delimit the end of options. formats input files for all languages that are read from right to left. For languages that have a left-to-right orientation, the command merely copies input files to standard output. Options recognizes the following options: Justify data for all languages, including those having a left-to-right text orientation. By default only right-to-left language data is justified. For all other languages, input files are directly copied to standard output. Select enhanced printer shapes for some Arabic characters. With this option, two-character combinations of laam and alif are replaced by a single character. Triggers ISO 8859-6 interpretation of the data. Processes digits for output as hindi, western, or both. digits can be or both. Use seq as the escape sequence to select the primary character set. This escape sequence is used by languages that have too many characters to be accommodated by ASCII in a single 256-character set. In these cases, the seq escape sequence can be used to select the non-ASCII character set. The escape character itself(0x1b) is not given on the command line. Hewlett-Packard escape sequences are used by default. If just is left justify print lines. If just is right-justify print lines starting from the (designated or default) print width column. The default is right justification. Replace leading spaces with alternative spaces. Some right-to-left character sets have a non-ASCII or alternative space. This option can be useful when filtering out- put (see pr(1)). With right justification, the option causes line numbers to be placed immediately to the right of the tab character. Without the option, right justification causes line numbers to be placed at the print-width column. By default, leading spaces are not replaced by alternative spaces. Indicate mode of any file to be formatted. Mode refers to the text orientation of the file when it was created. If mode is assume Latin mode. If mode is assume non-Latin mode. By default, mode information is obtained from the environment variable. Do not terminate lines containing printable characters with a new-line. By default, print lines are terminated by new-lines. Indicate data order of any file to be formatted. The text orientation of a file can affect the way its data is arranged. If order is assume keyboard order. If order is assume screen order. By default, order information is obtained from the environment variable. Truncate print lines that do not fit the designated or default line length. Print lines are folded (that is, wrapped to next line) by default. Expand input tabs to column positions k+1, 2*k+1, 3*k+1, etc. Tab characters in the input are expanded to the appropriate number of spaces. If k is 0 or is omitted, default tab settings at every eighth position is assumed. If cd (any non-digit character) is given, it is treated as the input tab character. The default for c is the tab character. always expands input tabs. This option provides a way to change the tab character and setting. If this option is specified, at least one of the parameters c or k must be given. Designate a number as the print margin. The print margin is the column where truncation or folding takes place. The print margin determines how many characters appear on a single line and can never exceed the print width. The print margin is relative to the justifica- tion. If the print margin is 80, folding or truncation occurs at column 80 starting from the right during a right jus- tification. Similarly, folding or truncation occurs at column 80 starting from the left during a left justification. By default, the print margin is set to column 80. Designates a number as the print width. The print width is the maximum number of columns in the print line. Print width determines the start of text during a right justification. The larger the print width, the further to the right the text will start. By default, an 80-column print width is used. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables The environment variable determines the mode and order of the file. The syntax of is [mode][_order]. mode describes the mode of a file where represents Latin mode and represents non-Latin mode. Non-Latin mode is assumed for values other than and order describes the data order of a file where is keyboard and is screen. Keyboard order is assumed for values other than and Mode and order information in can be overridden from the command line. The environment variable determines the direction of a language (left-to-right or right-to-left) and whether context analysis of characters is necessary. The environment variable determines whether a language has alternative numbers. The environment variable determines the language in which messages are displayed. International Code Set Support Single-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
Right justify on a 132-column printer with a print margin at column 80 (the default): Right justify output of with line numbers on a 132-column printer with a print margin at column 132: WARNINGS
If with line numbers option) is piped to the separator character must be a tab(0x09). It is the user's responsibility to ensure that the environment variable accurately reflects the status of the file. Mode and justification must be consistent. Only non-Latin-mode files can be right justified in a meaningful way. Similarly, only Latin- mode files can be safely left justified. If mode and justification do not match, the results are undefined. If present, alternative numbers always have a left-to-right orientation. The command is HP proprietary, not portable to other vendors' systems, and will not be provided in future HP-UX releases. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
forder(1), lp(1), pr(1), strord(3C). nljust(1)