Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days Post 302347781 by cabrao on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 11:24:12 AM
Old 08-26-2009
find . ! -name . -prune -mtime N

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove files older than 30 days except directories

Hi, I need to remove files (*.trc) which are older than 30 days from one location. My problem is there I do not want to visit any of the directories at that location. I want to search files at that particular location only (need to skip directorys at that location). maxdepth option is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

Command for delete the directories which are older than 7 days

Hi, My requirement is need to delete the directories (Including files also) which are older than 7 days. So I used below command in one script (script takes 2 input parameters) #$1 - Path of the directory from where we have to delete the directories.# #$2 - Number of days older... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhar sivakot
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding cumulative size of files older than certain days

Hi All, I've got a ton of files in a particular directory. I want to find pdf files older than 30 days in that directory and then the cumulative size of those files. Ex: find /home/jk/a -name "*.pdf" -mtime +30 consider it finds the below 4 files. /home/jk/a/1.pdf /home/jk/a/2.pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohan076
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Find files older than 30 days in directories and delete them

Hi, I have dummies questions: My script here can find the files in any directories older than 30 days then it will delete the files but not the directories. I would like to also be able to delete the directories that hold old files more than 30 days not just the files itself. find . -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding directories older than 5 days

Hello, Motive: Search all directories which are older than 5 days. Example: consider following directory structure: abc/dir1 abc/dir1/dir abc/dir2 abc/dir3 abc/dir3/temp Suppose dir1 and dir3 are 5 days older. Then I am looking for a command which lists abc/dir1 and abic/dir3 only so that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytempid07
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Remove 180 days older non-empty directories

Hi Gurus, I have command to delete more than 180days file. find /home/abc/ -name "CBST_*.txt*" -mtime +180 | xargs -n 100 rm -f Now I would like to delete more than 180days Non empty directory--What will be command? Following is non empty directory as instance CBST2010* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for finding directories with mtime

Need assistance in the perl script . Below script gives me the results of all the files and directories with mtime with no issues . But i wanted to have a file and specify all the directory locations and use that file as reference and get results . Any ideas are highly Appreciated . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compress the directories which is older than 7 days?

Hi all, how to compress the directories which is older 7 days. If any one knows please help me this is urgent. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshpagadala
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in ksh Script to list files older than 365 days from specified directories

Requirement is to list the files older than 365 days from multiple directories and delete them and log the list of files which are deleted to a log file. so 1 script should only list files older than 365 days for each directory separately to a folder The other script should read these files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
7 Replies

10. Linux

Finding files older than x days within directory with spaces

Hi, I am trying to run a command that finds all files over x amount of days, issue is one of the directories has spaces within it. find /files/target directory/*/* -type f -mtime +60 When running the above the usual error message is thrown back + find '/files/target\' 'directory/*/*' -type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ads89
1 Replies
GIT-PRUNE(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-PRUNE(1)

NAME
       git-prune - Prune all unreachable objects from the object database

SYNOPSIS
       git prune [-n] [-v] [--progress] [--expire <time>] [--] [<head>...]

DESCRIPTION
	   Note
	   In most cases, users should run git gc, which calls git prune. See the section "NOTES", below.

This runs git fsck --unreachable using all the refs available in refs/, optionally with additional set of objects specified on the command
       line, and prunes all unpacked objects unreachable from any of these head objects from the object database. In addition, it prunes the
       unpacked objects that are also found in packs by running git prune-packed. It also removes entries from .git/shallow that are not reachable
       by any ref.

Note that unreachable, packed objects will remain. If this is not desired, see git-repack(1).

OPTIONS
       -n, --dry-run
	   Do not remove anything; just report what it would remove.

-v, --verbose
	   Report all removed objects.

--progress
	   Show progress.

--expire <time>
	   Only expire loose objects older than <time>.

--
	   Do not interpret any more arguments as options.

<head>...
	   In addition to objects reachable from any of our references, keep objects reachable from listed <head>s.

EXAMPLE
       To prune objects not used by your repository or another that borrows from your repository via its .git/objects/info/alternates:

$ git prune $(cd ../another && git rev-parse --all)

NOTES
       In most cases, users will not need to call git prune directly, but should instead call git gc, which handles pruning along with many other
       housekeeping tasks.

For a description of which objects are considered for pruning, see git fsck's --unreachable option.

SEE ALSO
       git-fsck(1), git-gc(1), git-reflog(1)

GIT
       Part of the git(1) suite

Git 2.17.1							    10/05/2018							      GIT-PRUNE(1)