Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syntax about getline of awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting syntax about getline of awk Post 302347703 by b33713 on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 09:00:27 AM
Old 08-26-2009
it run "anyfilename" as a command,not "ls -l anyfilename" that what i want
anyfilename just for example,it can be any exist file
i use gawk btw
any help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline help maybe?

hello collegues, I am attempting to use awk to search file1 (serverlist.csv) from each row with file2 (supported.txt). If the is no entry exists in serverlist then output to a file called notsupp.out if there is an entry output to supp.out I can do this with basic shell scripting however... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get sysname with getline in awk

I am having issues getting this working. I am trying to get the system name and print it out in a awk script. I looked and looked, it looks like my syntax is correct but it is not working. What am I overlooking?? BEGIN { sys1 = "system( "uname -n" )" "sys1" | getline sys ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline

How do you make the getline function return to the original line? The example below should make it clear where I am currently going wrong. Thanks AWK SCRIPT: ------------- awk -F '-' '{ tmpLine = "EMPTY" print "CURRENT LINE :"$0 getline tmpLine print "NEXT LINE :"tmpLine }'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getline in awk

I am using awk and want to use getline from a file like below getline x < file However file consists of two columns and I only want to store $2 Any way I can do this? ---------- Post updated at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:45 AM ---------- Done something like this.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some Awk Getline help?

Greetings, I have about 3000 files that I want to search. The first column in all of these 3000 files has a unique serial number on each line. The subsequent columns have lots of data. I have another masterfile with three columns to help me find all the data I need in a moments notice: col 1... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeeplou
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline t file

I want to import a textfile with getline into var t which has several lines. How do import all lines, since it only imports the last line: while < ((getline t "textfile") > 0) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline question

hi experts i like to know how to print more line using getline command using awk. with below command i can only see one line (line no:1) however i do have more line as shown below line no:2,line no:3,line no:4 and so forth. how do i get those to show up using the below command. I tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jared
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getline not working in awk

hi, i am trying to parse a file in awk to generate a output to be written in a file depeding upon some condition. below is the code Content of file1 919873741577,9131638459976206,20130715150109,S,919811000214,2A65,405899136999995... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline

Hi, I have an awk script with the following function in it . function cmd( c ) { while( ( c | getline foo) > 0 ){ return foo ; close( c ); } } c =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MetaMan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with if, getline, and another if

Howdy Folks, It seems like it is always awk that confuses the heck out of me and I even have books and examples. I have this line: awk '{if (/clientIP/)(SRV = $NF); if ($2 ~ /BUNDLE-GIM/) getline; if ($2 ~ /r100595/) {print SRV,"BUNDLE-GIM",$2}}' post.txt to parse this text: <api... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: port43
4 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)