Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syntax about getline of awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting syntax about getline of awk Post 302347680 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 08:22:37 AM
Old 08-26-2009
It seems that the file "anyfilename" doesn't exist in the actual directory.
BTW the echo statement is redundant here.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline help maybe?

hello collegues, I am attempting to use awk to search file1 (serverlist.csv) from each row with file2 (supported.txt). If the is no entry exists in serverlist then output to a file called notsupp.out if there is an entry output to supp.out I can do this with basic shell scripting however... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get sysname with getline in awk

I am having issues getting this working. I am trying to get the system name and print it out in a awk script. I looked and looked, it looks like my syntax is correct but it is not working. What am I overlooking?? BEGIN { sys1 = "system( "uname -n" )" "sys1" | getline sys ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline

How do you make the getline function return to the original line? The example below should make it clear where I am currently going wrong. Thanks AWK SCRIPT: ------------- awk -F '-' '{ tmpLine = "EMPTY" print "CURRENT LINE :"$0 getline tmpLine print "NEXT LINE :"tmpLine }'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getline in awk

I am using awk and want to use getline from a file like below getline x < file However file consists of two columns and I only want to store $2 Any way I can do this? ---------- Post updated at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:45 AM ---------- Done something like this.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some Awk Getline help?

Greetings, I have about 3000 files that I want to search. The first column in all of these 3000 files has a unique serial number on each line. The subsequent columns have lots of data. I have another masterfile with three columns to help me find all the data I need in a moments notice: col 1... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeeplou
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline t file

I want to import a textfile with getline into var t which has several lines. How do import all lines, since it only imports the last line: while < ((getline t "textfile") > 0) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline question

hi experts i like to know how to print more line using getline command using awk. with below command i can only see one line (line no:1) however i do have more line as shown below line no:2,line no:3,line no:4 and so forth. how do i get those to show up using the below command. I tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jared
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getline not working in awk

hi, i am trying to parse a file in awk to generate a output to be written in a file depeding upon some condition. below is the code Content of file1 919873741577,9131638459976206,20130715150109,S,919811000214,2A65,405899136999995... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline

Hi, I have an awk script with the following function in it . function cmd( c ) { while( ( c | getline foo) > 0 ){ return foo ; close( c ); } } c =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MetaMan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with if, getline, and another if

Howdy Folks, It seems like it is always awk that confuses the heck out of me and I even have books and examples. I have this line: awk '{if (/clientIP/)(SRV = $NF); if ($2 ~ /BUNDLE-GIM/) getline; if ($2 ~ /r100595/) {print SRV,"BUNDLE-GIM",$2}}' post.txt to parse this text: <api... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: port43
4 Replies
asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-domain, delete-domain - deletes the givendomain SYNOPSIS
delete-domain [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--domaindir install_dir/domains] domain_name delete-domain deletes the specified domain. The domain must already exist and must be stopped. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be deleted. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain in the default install_dir/domains directory is deleted. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using delete-domain asadmin> delete-domain sampleDomain deleted domain sampleDomain successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain is deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)