Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris solaris 10 Interface not found:NIC Post 302347677 by gxmsgx on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 08:15:50 AM
Old 08-26-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by madanmeer
My second question is that i tried solaris 10 in vmware but in my laptop the same prob is displayed..When i plumb the interface its like file or directory not found.
Try to install VMware tools to convert the PCN devices to VMXNET devices (I had some problem with PCN).

hope this helps

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

not able to add nic in solaris 8

Hi Folks, I've just installed solaris 8, but i cannot add my network card. i've reboot the box, got into the configmode, and try'd to add a network card. but it doesn't work. I can't add a ip address to the card, an error occurs. Who do i add it. Kind Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noripsni
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Network interface not found ?

Hello, I have just installed Solaris 9 x86 in a VMWare and the 1st problem I have is to enable the networking. I can only see the loopback interface and nothing else. - I dont have any /etc/hostnames.xxx - ifconfig -a shows only the loopback - kstat -c net shows only the loopback ... Any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tex-Twil
11 Replies

3. Solaris

NIC drivers+solaris 10

Installed solaris 10 and now i want to connect to internet,to make work this i need to NIC drivers can some body tell me is it possible to get drivers and how to install. I am dying to get rid of this problem..please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

5. Solaris

create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10

Hi All, does any body know how to create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10 if any one have good article or reference kindly provide me i try to Google but i didn't find good one (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamisux
7 Replies

6. Solaris

x86 Solaris 10 nic driver added but not attached. NIC is not detected.

I couldn't install my nic in solaris 10. I compiled and added the driver but failed to attach the driver and ifconfig output shows only loopback dev. Please see the following output and tell me whether my nic has been detected and why the driver failed to attach? My nic is detected in linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 Changing of nic link_speed

hi guys, is there any way to change the nic link_speed in Solaris 10? now my box is running degraded performance of the link speed as the switch is upgraded from 100m to 1000m. dladm show-dev e1000g0 link: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full e1000g1 link: up ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
10 Replies

8. AIX

interface collisions on ethernet nic

Hi, is there any method to check the interface collisions on ethernet NIC in AIX. I know that in Solaris it's netstat -i but I've written that in AIX it doesn't show this. Thanks&regards, p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pitmod
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Haed code nxge0 nic interface with full duplex & 1000mbps

Hi All I would need to do hard code of nxge0 nic to full duplex & 1000mbps. So that whenever solaris server come up after reboot. it will show full duplex & 1000mbps setting only. Please also let me know how to do it online through command. regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)