Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printing out desired content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printing out desired content Post 302347641 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 07:21:24 AM
Old 08-26-2009
Post your input file and the desired output between code tags.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in getting the desired output

I wanted to put "|" this sign at starting and at end of every field but its not working with first field like Currently the out put is : abc | abc | abc | xyz | xyz | xyz | But I want the out put in this form: | abc | abc | abc | | xyz | xyz | xyz | plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Desired Format !

Hi everybody, I just need desired ouput from text file which should have folowing format; "2007-06-25 00:03:32.926+05:30",12354369,"Load","Completed","Rs.-5,556.00",9452217714 "2007-06-25 00:06:57.357+05:30",12354371,"Load","Completed","Rs.-56.00",9415766266 "2007-06-25... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanth_babu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing the content from a file

hi , i m new to unix and i don no how to print this format i have output file like THE DOMAIN NAME VPORCL01 FOR THE HOSTNAME Ram-pc Port=1533 Port=9000 Listener Port=9100 THE DOMAIN NAME VPORCL02 FOR THE HOSTNAME Ram-pc Port=7000 Port=9000 Listener Port=9100 but i sholud print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: becksram123
7 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Linux to Windows Printing: PDF starts printing from middle of page.

We are using Red Hat. We have a issue like this: We want to print from Linux, to a printer attached to a Windows machine. What we want to print is a PDF. It prints, but the printing starts from the middle of the page. In the report, there is no space at the top but still printing starts from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan69
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to get the desired output

Below is the my cide which is working fine but I am not getting the output indesired format.there is some problem in alignment.Can someone help me to correct this? if ]; then summary=$( echo -e "Please review the log file of auto coloclean utility.\n"; echo -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me in getting the desired result

Hi All, I have input file which is pipe delimited A | 1 B | 2 c | 3I need output of displaying total number of lines in a file as last column. A | 1 | 3-----total number of linesin file. B | 2 | 3 c | 3 | 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravinashwin
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment

I am in the process of developing a perl cgi page. I had succeeded in developing the page but there are few errors/issues with the page. description about cgi page: My CGI page retrieves all the file names from an directory and displays the files in drop down menu for downloading the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match not printing desired columns

Hi all, I'm trying to match the following two files with the code below: awk -F, 'NR==FNR {a=$0; next} ($12,$4) in a {print $12,$1,a}' OFS="," file4.csv file3.csv but the code does not print the entire row from file4 in addition to column 12 and 1 of file3. file4: o,c,q,co,ov,b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bkane3
1 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)