Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem while using grep (multi-level) with the space-separated filepath. Post 302347619 by cabrao on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 06:40:22 AM
Old 08-26-2009
edited.

Last edited by cabrao; 08-26-2009 at 07:47 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing space separated value to a function - error

Taking inputs in the script which is space separated and passing this to a function and i have assigned like below And then when I use for loop for the inputs i got from the user, it is taking only the first argument. Enter Names : Bala Sundar Sridhar read names namesCheck $names function... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balamv
7 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Four-Level multi-paging on x86 system with 64 bit addressing

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi all, I've got a huuuuuuge problem with understanding this new concept of multi-paging. I really tried to research but i could not find anything significant. I've been trying to understand this for 4 days and i cannot. The question... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowboarder
0 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi level sorting script

I want to sort like below Suppose few lines in a file is like this systemid:ABC messagedestination:batchxpr replytoqname: myca systemid:BCD messagedestination:realtime replytoqname: myca systemid:ABC messagedestination:realtime replytoqname: eac systemid: BCD messagedestination:mqonline... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srkmish
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Multi-Line Grep Problem

Hi, I have a very large file I want to extract lines from. I'm hoping Grep can do the job, but I'm running into problems. I want to return all lines that match a pattern. However, if the following line of a matched line contains the word "Raw" I want to return that line as well. Is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redbluefish
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop through space separated values?

How do I loop thru space separated values in a variable? I hate to use very complicated counter increment logic for this kind of simple problem. Expected result(using ksh) $>echo "aaa bbbb cccc" | <looping code here> var=aaa var=bbbb var=cccc $>echo "aaa bbbb cccc" | while IFS=" "... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Comma separated values to space separated

Hi, I have a large number of files which are written as csv (comma-separated values). Does anyone know of simple sed/awk command do achieve this? Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:54 AM ---------- Guess I asked this too soon. Found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How convert space separated list to matched columns?

Hi I have been racking my (limited) brains to get this to work without success I have a file output which is a list of lists - ie a single column of data that is separated by space into sub lists below - I need to both split this so that each list is in a separate column (eg tab or semicolon... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manchesterpaul
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help on For Loop to pass space separated value as one value

Hi, I am having a file say list1 with a output like below jun 12 18:23 may 20 18:23 Now i want to pass the above two values into for loop,I have written a script like this. #!/bin/bash a=`cat list1` for i in $a do echo "HI $i" done expected output: HI jun 12 18:23 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
3 Replies
REDIFF(1)							     Man pages								 REDIFF(1)

NAME
rediff, editdiff - fix offsets and counts of a hand-edited diff SYNOPSIS
rediff ORIGINAL EDITED rediff EDITED rediff {[--help] | [--version]} editdiff FILE editdiff {[--help] | [--version]} DESCRIPTION
You can use rediff to correct a hand-edited unified diff. Take a copy of the diff you want to edit, and edit it without changing any offsets or counts (the lines that begin "@@"). Then run rediff, telling it the name of the original diff file and the name of the one you have edited, and it will output the edited diff file but with corrected offsets and counts. A small script, editdiff, is provided for editing a diff file in-place. The types of changes that are currently handled are: o Modifying the text of any file content line (of course). o Adding new line insertions or deletions. o Adding, changing or removing context lines. Lines at the context horizon are dealt with by adjusting the offset and/or count. o Adding a single hunk (@@-prefixed section). o Removing multiple hunk (@@-prefixed sections). Alternatively, if only one argument is provided, it is taken to be the edited file and the counts and offsets are adjusted as appropriate. Some assumptions are made when used in this mode. See recountdiff(1) for more information. OPTIONS
--help Display a short usage message. --version Display the version number of rediff. SEE ALSO
interdiff(1), recountdiff(1) AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Package maintainer patchutils 13 May 2002 REDIFF(1)