Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: init.ora
Operating Systems Solaris init.ora Post 302347607 by asalman.qazi on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 06:06:29 AM
Old 08-26-2009
init.ora

what is the function of the init.ora file and suppose by mistake it gets deleted , what will be the consequences on the server

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

path of init.ora

hi i would like to know the path of init.ora in AIX Server i tried with find command but i could not find it. can somebody help me with that. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

3. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

4. Solaris

maxuprc and maxusers - ORA-27300, ORA-27301, ORA-27302

Hi all, Am intermittently getting the following errors on one of my databases. Errors in file /oracle/HRD/saptrace/background/hrd_psp0_13943.trc: ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:fork failed with status: 12 ORA-27301: OS failure message: Not enough space ORA-27302:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

What is the diffe b/w init s and init S

i did my research in finding the answer but couldn't find right one. Please give your inputs. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranumala
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep all ORA errors except one ORA error

Hi - I am trying to grep all "ORA" errors in a log files.I have to grep all ORA errors except one error for example ORA-01653.How can exclude that error in "grep" command? In following "grep" command I want to exclude "ORA-01653" error grep -i ORA alert.log >>/tmp/ora_errors.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing init.ora

Hi all- i am having some hiccups while writing a korn shell to edit init.ora file for automating latest PSU patchset.(Oracle) I am trying to edit(add) the ._fix_control and .event with certain parameters. if anyone has any idea that will be helpful. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sub
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ora-27603:ora-27626:

Hi, User claim that job is running slow from their end. I DBA found in database the below errors in alert log file. ORA-27603: Cell storage I/O error, I/O failed on disk o/192.168.10.3/RECO_DM01_CD_01_drm01 at offset 13335789568 for data length 1048576 ORA-27626: Exadata error: 2201 (IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle - parser for Oracle SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator; use SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle; my $translator = SQL::Translator->new; $translator->parser("SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle"); DESCRIPTION
From http://www.ss64.com/ora/table_c.html: CREATE [GLOBAL TEMPORARY] TABLE [schema.]table (tbl_defs,...) [ON COMMIT {DELETE|PRESERVE} ROWS] [storage_options | CLUSTER cluster_name (col1, col2,... ) | ORGANIZATION {HEAP [storage_options] | INDEX idx_organized_tbl_clause}] [LOB_storage_clause][varray_clause][nested_storage_clause] partitioning_options [[NO]CACHE] [[NO]MONITORING] [PARALLEL parallel_clause] [ENABLE enable_clause | DISABLE disable_clause] [AS subquery] tbl_defs: column datatype [DEFAULT expr] [column_constraint(s)] table_ref_constraint storage_options: PCTFREE int PCTUSED int INITTRANS int MAXTRANS int STORAGE storage_clause TABLESPACE tablespace [LOGGING|NOLOGGING] idx_organized_tbl_clause: storage_option(s) [PCTTHRESHOLD int] [COMPRESS int|NOCOMPRESS] [ [INCLUDING column_name] OVERFLOW [storage_option(s)] ] nested_storage_clause: NESTED TABLE nested_item STORE AS storage_table [RETURN AS {LOCATOR|VALUE} ] partitioning_options: Partition_clause {ENABLE|DISABLE} ROW MOVEMENT Column Constraints (http://www.ss64.com/ora/clause_constraint_col.html) CONSTRAINT constrnt_name {UNIQUE|PRIMARY KEY} constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name CHECK(condition) constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name [NOT] NULL constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name REFERENCES [schema.]table[(column)] [ON DELETE {CASCADE|SET NULL}] constrnt_state constrnt_state [[NOT] DEFERRABLE] [INITIALLY {IMMEDIATE|DEFERRED}] [RELY | NORELY] [USING INDEX using_index_clause] [ENABLE|DISABLE] [VALIDATE|NOVALIDATE] [EXCEPTIONS INTO [schema.]table] Note that probably not all of the above syntax is supported, but the grammar was altered to better handle the syntax created by DDL::Oracle. AUTHOR
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator, Parse::RecDescent, DDL::Oracle. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)