Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE problem of readdir on IA64 suse Post 302347544 by vin_pll on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 02:06:05 AM
Old 08-26-2009
Thank you for the reply,

the Red Hat machine is x86-64 not IA64 , so according to you this ia64 architecture is the problem for this, is it so.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SuSE 8.1 NIC problem

i have just installed suse 8.1 on a third computer which has an Asus p4s8x with onboard NIC and sound. now, on install suse detected everything automatically with no probelm, however upon reboot the sound failed to load as well as the network card. /dev/eth* doesnt exist. i looked in the bios and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suse 9.0 problem video

i got a NV11 geForce2 100/200 and suse 9.0 pro boot the kernal but then the screen goes blank and nothing else can't install suse 9.0 pro and grabs for this problem x will not come up at all just the boot screen with rez and so on but once i tell it to install thats i have a nec multisync... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3bumbs plumming
6 Replies

3. SuSE

SuSE parted problem

Hello, So, I burned the 5 cds of SuSE 10.1, and would really like to begin installation. But when I get to the partitioning phase, I get an error message saying the first hard drive is unreadable by parted, and that I'll have to use Yast instead. It also tells me I wont be able to move delete... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudrack
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to man readdir(3)

I read the description of the command readdir by using 'man readdir'. However, in the description i was suggesed to refer to readdir(3). I wonder how to see the manual of readdir(3) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

5. Programming

Finding wildcards in readdir

I am having a hard time doing this and can't seem to find an example to help me. This is my code: DIR *dirp=opendir(pathname); struct stat filebuf; struct dirent entry; struct dirent *dp=&entry; RWCString pattern; for (int i = 0; i < request_->getNumStreams(); i++) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajgwin
2 Replies

6. SuSE

GUI problem with Suse Linux

hi Guys,, Am very new to Linux OS.. This is my first experience with Linux. I have installed linux suse 10 in my laptop.it was working fine.. suddenly after 3 days,(i was changing some options of the already installed linux) when i login, i am getting only command interface and GUI is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep readdir

Quick question. I can not get the context corrert on this code. opendir(DIR, "."); @fileldiv = grep(/l*/,readdir(DIR)); closedir(DIR); I am trying to search all html files within a dir that start with l. Thanks for your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

8. Programming

Problem shmat in HP-UX Titanium ia64. EINVAL Error

I have a process that needs two active connections to the same zone of shared memory simultaneously. The firs conection works ok, but when i do the second call to shmat it give me error 22 (EINVAL). Only works ok the second call to shmat if i disconnect the first connection (shmdt) Steps:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dairby
3 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

RAID Problem on SUSE 11.0

I setup a RAID 5 with 5 drives, one failed, hardware failure so I physically removed it from the raid after powering the machine off then powered it back on and my raid was still good but no 5th drive. I built a 5th drive from scratch and added it in the raid thinking the raid would go into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacakid
0 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Gbrowse and GD installation in ia64 linux problem facing...

Hi all, I'm trying to install of Gbrowse recently. Unfortunately, I stuck at the step to install GD which are prerequisite for Gbrowse installation. I got try to install it, but it seems like got a lot of error message occurred :( And still can't fix the problem yet. I'm using ia64 linux... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
10 Replies
DIRECTORY(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					      DIRECTORY(3)

NAME
closedir, dirfd, opendir, readdir, readdir_r, rewinddir, seekdir, telldir -- directory operations LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <dirent.h> int closedir(DIR *dirp); int dirfd(DIR *dirp); DIR * opendir(const char *dirname); struct dirent * readdir(DIR *dirp); int readdir_r(DIR *restrict dirp, struct dirent *restrict entry, struct dirent **restrict result); void rewinddir(DIR *dirp); void seekdir(DIR *dirp, long loc); long telldir(DIR *dirp); DESCRIPTION
The opendir() function opens the directory named by dirname, associates a directory stream with it, and returns a pointer to be used to iden- tify the directory stream in subsequent operations. The pointer NULL is returned if dirname cannot be accessed or if it cannot malloc(3) enough memory to hold the whole thing. The readdir() function returns a pointer to the next directory entry. It returns NULL upon reaching the end of the directory or detecting an invalid seekdir() operation. readdir_r() provides the same functionality as readdir(), but the caller must provide a directory entry buffer to store the results in. If the read succeeds, result is pointed at the entry; upon reaching the end of the directory, result is set to NULL. readdir_r() returns 0 on success or an error number to indicate failure. The telldir() function returns the current location associated with the named directory stream. Values returned by telldir() are good only for the lifetime of the DIR pointer (e.g., dirp) from which they are derived. If the directory is closed and then reopened, prior values returned by telldir() will no longer be valid. The seekdir() function sets the position of the next readdir() operation on the directory stream. The new position reverts to the one asso- ciated with the directory stream when the telldir() operation was performed. The rewinddir() function resets the position of the named directory stream to the beginning of the directory. The closedir() function closes the named directory stream and frees the structure associated with the dirp pointer, returning 0 on success. On failure, -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. The dirfd() function returns the integer file descriptor associated with the named directory stream, see open(2). Sample code which searches a directory for entry ``name'' is: len = strlen(name); dirp = opendir("."); while ((dp = readdir(dirp)) != NULL) if (dp->d_namlen == len && !strcmp(dp->d_name, name)) { (void)closedir(dirp); return FOUND; } (void)closedir(dirp); return NOT_FOUND; LEGACY SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <dirent.h> <sys/types.h> is necessary for these functions. SEE ALSO
close(2), lseek(2), open(2), read(2), compat(5), dir(5) HISTORY
The closedir(), dirfd(), opendir(), readdir(), rewinddir(), seekdir(), and telldir() functions appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
June 4, 1993 BSD