Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what does the x privilege mean? Post 302347535 by zaxxon on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 01:38:48 AM
Old 08-26-2009
@kang:

You might want to start reading this:
The Linux System Administrator's Guide

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutdown Privilege

Friends, I have to grant SHUTDOWN privilege to an ordinary user. How this can be achieved? J1yant (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j1yant
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutdown Privilege

Dear all, An ordinary user can shutdown the UNIX MACHINE ? SCO UNIXWARE 7.0. what has to be done to privilage for an ordinary user to SHUTDOWN the PC?? i would be thankful if i will get a solution. with regards, konda. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konda
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write privilege for user

Is it possible to grant write privileges to a user on a directory with out having to add the user to a group or make the user the owner of the directory? My background is in Windows and in Windows you can grant specific privileges to a user without having to put the user in a group or making the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
3 Replies

4. Solaris

root privilege

Hello All, I need your help to know how i can give regular user ALL root privileges. If there is any way pleas help me :) Regards, Ahmad (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad_one
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Root privilege for user

Can anyone please tell how to give root privilege to a normal user in solaris 10? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
5 Replies

6. AIX

User Privilege

How to assign superuser privilege to an ordinary user temporarily (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Save sudo privilege for session

I have setup public key based login to my CentOS VPS. I wish to disable direct root login and have created an admin user under wheel group and have modified /etc/sudoers file and gave Wheel group all privileges. But now I am being prompted for password whenever I type sudo. I do not wish to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoyceBabu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create user with different privilege

Hi , I want to create 3 different user with below privilege in Solaris and Linux. 1) Read Only 2)Read and Write Only 3) Admin user Can you guys help me on this . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen Pathak
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Privilege ids list

I would like to capture the list of all users that belong to the "system" group. Or in other words all those who have privilege access on the system. Can someone please help me with a shell script/sed/awk code to obtain this please. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Block any root Privilege

Hey is there any method (base on kernel) to block adding any root Privilege? only "root" account allow on system and no one can add new root Privilege, ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies
QT2KDOC(1)						     KDOC Documentation System							QT2KDOC(1)

NAME
qt2kdoc -- Generates cross-reference file suitable for use with KDOC from Qt Toolkit HTML documentation. SYNOPSIS
qt2kdoc [-u URL] [-o <destdir>] [-z] <path to qt html> DESCRIPTION
qt2kdoc generates a kdoc(1) cross-reference file from the classes.html file that is included with the Qt GUI Toolkit HTML documentation. The resulting file can be used to cross-reference documentation generated with KDOC for other classes with the Qt HTML documentation. OPTIONS
--url <url>, -u <url> The URL by which the Qt documentation can be accessed. This will allow other libraries to link to the Qt documentation. --outdir <path>, -o <path> The directory where the generated index file will be written. --compress, -z Compress the generated index with gzip. KDOC can read these compressed index files. EXAMPLES
qt2kdoc -u "http://www.mydomain/src/qthtml/" $HOME/web/src/qthtml ENVIRONMENT
KDOCLIBS If set, it is used as the default output path. It is overridden by the --outdir option. FILES
classes.html, functions.html The files from which information about the Qt library is read. They are parsed by qt2kdoc. qt.kdoc A kdoc(1) cross-reference file that will be generated by qt2kdoc and can be used to link documentation generated by kdoc with the Qt documentation. SEE ALSO
This script is a utility for kdoc(1). BUGS
Dependent on format of Qt documentation. AUTHOR
Sirtaj S. Kang <taj@kde.org>, 1998. 2.0a54 2002-03-18 QT2KDOC(1)