Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library? Post 302347532 by cpthk on Wednesday 26th of August 2009 01:15:59 AM
Old 08-26-2009
How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi:

I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library)

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

building a 64-bit archive library

I'm trying to build an archive library using the following script. It builds fine on 32-bit architectures, but when I try to build on a computer with 64-bit architecture I get this error message: /usr/bin/ld: warning: i386 architecture of input file `../lpdlib/lpdlib_byteswapio.a(system.o)' is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: echorak
1 Replies

2. Programming

Makefile shared library g++

I'm having trouble with my makefile, I'm trying to code a shared library to be used by another program *EDIT* Found the solution: CC = g++ MODULES= readconfig.o ReadConfigLib.o OBJECTS= RCLOBJECTS= ReadConfigLib.cpp readconfig.cpp configDefinitions.h readconfig.h ReadConfigLib.h... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2432
0 Replies

3. Programming

Adding a Static Library (libtimer.a) to the Makefile

Hi, The following is my Makefile, I wanted to add a staic library named libtimer.a. I'm using the following Makefile. Please let me know how to add this static library: Makefile:- It produces "usbserial" executable. Thanks, S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
1 Replies

4. Linux

Could static library include static library?

I have some static library(libxxx.a libyyy.a). And I want to generate my library(libzzz.a), libzzz.a will use libxxx.a and libyyy.a I wan't my application only use libzzz.a, (means libzzz.a had include libxxx.a, libyyy.a), how can I do that? Thank you. example: I have zzz.c. I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemagic
4 Replies

5. Programming

Static and Shared Library in Makefile

I am having a devil of a time with a very simple make file. The program needs two shared and one static library. If I link the shared libraries only like below the mysql test app works ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jadsys
1 Replies

6. Programming

Even the Static cURL Library Isn't Static

I'm writing a program which uses curl to be run on Linux PCs which will be used by a number of different users. I cannot make the users all install curl on their individual machines, so I have tried to link curl in statically, rather than using libcurl.so. I downloaded the source and created a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shared static library

Hello Please what does mean shared static library and LD-Preload? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

8. Programming

Shared library with acces to shared memory.

Hello. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for advice about low level POSIX programming. I have to implement a POSIX compliant C shared library. A file will have some variables and the shared library will have some functions which need those variables. There is one special... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjag
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to use chatr to change static library path in binary?

I have solved this but now cannot recall the syntax. I want to strip or change the hard wired library paths on binaries I download from a repository. I do not have root and just want a personal install, but would rather not build every tool. I even posted the solution here once for others, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
2 Replies

10. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies
CREATE_MAKEFILES()														CREATE_MAKEFILES()

NAME
create_makefiles - Recreates all Makefiles beneath a directory SYNOPSIS
create_makefiles [dir] DESCRIPTION
create_makefiles recreates all Makefiles in dir and its (recursed) subdirectories from the corresponding Makefile.am templates. This script must be run from the toplevel directory (the one containing configure). This script saves time compared to re-running configure completely. If the source directory is different from the build directory (see the environment variables below), it will be assumed that each Makefile.am and Makefile.in belongs beneath the source directory and that each Makefile belongs beneath the build directory. This utility is part of the KDE Software Development Kit. ENVIRONMENT
One of the following variables (but not both) should be set if the source directory is different from the build directory. If the build directory is simply a subdirectory of the source directory, the simpler variable OBJ_SUBDIR should be used. OBJ_SUBJDIR Indicates that the build directory is in the given subdirectory of the source directory. For instance, if the source directory is kdesdk and the build directory is kdesdk/obj-i386-linux, then OBJ_SUBDIR should be set to obj-i386-linux. OBJ_REPLACEMENT A sed expression that is used to transform the source directory into the build directory. For instance, if the source directory is kdesdk/obj-i386-linux, then OBJ_REPLACEMENT should be set to s#kdesdk#kdesdk-obj#. SEE ALSO
create_makefile(1) make(2) AUTHORS
create_makefiles was written by David Faure<faure@kde.org>. This manual page was prepared by Ben Burton<bab@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). CREATE_MAKEFILES()