Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clonar disco solaris 8 SCSI
Operating Systems Solaris Clonar disco solaris 8 SCSI Post 302347463 by tirher on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 06:59:03 PM
Old 08-25-2009
Clonar disco solaris 8 SCSI

Hola gente,

Tengo un solaris 8 instalado en una sun (sparc) v120, tengo 2 discos scsi, uno donde esta instalado el s.o. y otro libre.

He leido en el foro varias formas: bootear mono usuario, con miniroot, con dd, flarcreate, ufsdump y ufsrestore.

Cual es el mejor modo que me recomiendan?

Clonandolo con cualquiera de estos metodos directamente monto el otro disco y saco el original y boteea correctamente o debo realizar algo mas?

Saludos

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i mount a scsi extrnal cdrom on solaris 2?

ok i have had it i need help i am in 11th grade and i cant figure how to mount the dumb cdrom on the sparcstation 2. i have tried everything i know and it still doesnt see it. by the way this is for school so please help me. Jon aka wixifer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wixifer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCSI Card in Solaris 8

HI, I am trying to install Symbios SCSI PCI adapter in Ultra10 but unable to configure it. Getting following errors genunix: NOTICE: glm0: fault detected in device; service still unavailable genunix: NOTICE: glm0: Symbios PCI device (1000,3) not supported. Anyone has an idea, how to resolve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Clone scsi disc solaris 8

I have a SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2, i have 2 scsi disk, the first with the S.O. and the second free. I read many in the forum about this: with single user, miniroot, dd, flarcreate, ufsdump and ufsrestore. Which is the best metod? If i clone the disk with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirher
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 SCSI card question

I have 2 solaris boxes and trying to connect to D1000 to do clustering. I put the U cable to see the disks from both side, but I can't see any of the disks when I use format command. How can I verify that differential card is installed and configured correctly? Thanks in advance. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris, SCSI M.O Drive on x86

Hi, i'm trying to install a MO Disk Drive Sony model: SMO-f541, to read a 2.6gb Magneto Optical Disk, I install Solaris 10 in a x86 machine with these specifications: Desktop Board Intel*D946GZIS Intel core 2 duo 4300, 80ghz Ram 2038 hard disk 250 gb I have a PCI SCSI card AHA-2940UW, At the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jevivre
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Legacy Ultra60 with Solaris 5.7 SCSI device reverse engineering

I'm looking for help with a legacy system. I have some obsolete equipment connected to an Ultra 60 running Solaris 5.7 with the binary for a 32 bit driver. The driver is rejected by newer versions of solaris, which run 64 bit kernels. I hope to reverse engineer the driver so that I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: obsoleteStuff
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install SCSI Jaz drive in Sparc Solaris

I recently got a Sun Sparc 10 Ultra with Solaris 10 installed on it. Now I'm trying to connect my SCSI Jaz drive to it. I moved my Adaptec AHA-2940U PCI SCSI card from my XP PC (where it was working OK) to the Sun and that's about as far as I got. I did a probe-scsi-all and got nothing back,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to make an exact image copy of a SCSI hard drive in Solaris 8 OS?

To Solaris 8 Experts, Please let me know what's the best method / procedure as well as the Solaris 8 commands for accomplishing the following tasks on a production Sun Enterprise 250 Server running Sun Solaris 8 Operating System: 1. Make an exact image/copy of the SCSI Hard Drive in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)