Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Post 302347304 by rakeshawasthi on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 10:46:27 AM
Old 08-25-2009
I know, you should have tried after seeing the previous solution.
Try:

Code:
awk '/^~/ {gsub(/~/,"",$1); gsub(/~/,"",$2); gsub(/~/,"",$3); gsub(/~/,"",$4); print $1","$2","$3","$4}' b

If you are certain there are only 4 fields then you can do it using $0...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplify Bash Script Using "sed" Or "awk"

Input file: 2 aux003.net3.com error12 6 awn0117.net1.com error13 84 aux008 error14 29 aux001.ha.ux.isd.com error12 209 aux002.vm.ux.isd.com error34 21 alx0027.vm.net2.com error12 227 dux001.net5.com error123 22 us008.dot.net2.com error121 13 us009.net2.com error129Expected Output: 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sQew
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion: adding two new groups "sed" and "awk"

Majority of the questions are pertaining file/string parsing w.r.t sed or awk It would be nice to have these two as their own sub category under shell-programming-scripting which can avoid lot of duplicate posts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jville
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk,sed : change every 2nd field ":" to "|"

Hi Experts, I have a string with colon delimited, want 2nd colon to be changed to a pipe. data: 101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3: I am trying with sed, but can change only 1 occurance: echo "101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3:" | sed 's/:/|/2'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
CLUBAK(1)						     ClusterShell User Manual							 CLUBAK(1)

NAME
clubak - format output from clush/pdsh-like output and more SYNOPSIS
clubak [ OPTIONS ] DESCRIPTION
clubak formats text from standard input containing lines of the form "node:output". It is fully backward compatible with dshbak(1) but provides additonal features. For instance, clubak always displays its results sorted by node/nodeset. You do not need to use clubak when using clush(1) as all output formatting features are already included in. It is provided for other usages, like post-processing results of the form "node:output". Like clush(1), clubak uses the ClusterShell.MsgTree module of the ClusterShell library (see pydoc ClusterShell.MsgTree). INVOCATION
clubak should be started with connected standard input. OPTIONS
--version show clubak version number and exit -b, -c gather nodes with same output (-c is provided for dshbak(1) compatibility) -d, --debug output more messages for debugging purpose -L disable header block and order output by nodes -r, --regroup fold nodeset using node groups -s GROUPSOURCE, --groupsource=GROUPSOURCE optional groups.conf(5) group source to use -G, --groupbase do not display group source prefix (always @groupname) -S SEPARATOR, --separator=SEPARATOR node / line content separator string (default: :) -F, --fast faster but memory hungry mode (preload all messages per node) -T, --tree message tree trace mode; switch to enable ClusterShell.MsgTree trace mode, all keys/nodes being kept for each message element of the tree, thus allowing special output gathering --color=WHENCOLOR whether to use ANSI colors to surround node or nodeset prefix/header with escape sequences to display them in color on the terminal. WHENCOLOR is never, always or auto (which use color if standard output refers to a terminal). Color is set to [34m (blue foreground text) and cannot be modified. --diff show diff between gathered outputs EXIT STATUS
An exit status of zero indicates success of the clubak command. EXAMPLES
1. clubak can be used to gather some recorded clush(1) results: Record clush(1) results in a file: # clush -w node[1-7] uname -r >/tmp/clush_output # clush -w node[32-159] uname -r >>/tmp/clush_output Display file gathered results (in line-mode): # clubak -bL </tmp/clush_output 2. Another example, iterate over node* text files in current directory and gather characters count for all of them: # find -name "node*" -exec wc -c {} ; | awk '{ gsub("./","",$2); print $2": "$1 }' | clubak -bL node[1,3]: 7 node2: 9 SEE ALSO
clush(1), nodeset(1), groups.conf(5). BUG REPORTS
Use the following URL to submit a bug report or feedback: https://github.com/cea-hpc/clustershell/issues AUTHOR
Stephane Thiell, CEA DAM <stephane.thiell@cea.fr> COPYRIGHT
CeCILL-C V1 1.6 2012-03-28 CLUBAK(1)