Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lppchk result
Operating Systems AIX lppchk result Post 302347241 by imad77 on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 08:28:41 AM
Old 08-25-2009
lppchk result

Hi,

I experience an issue with printer queue configuration and when I tried to verify files of the printer and lpd installable software product, I get these messages:

#lppchk -c
lppchk: 0504-208 Size of /usr/lib/lpd/digest is 44634,
expected value was 44874.
lppchk: 0504-208 Size of /usr/lib/lpd/qstatus is 60220,
expected value was 60236.
lppchk: 0504-212 The checksum for file /usr/lib/lpd/rembak is 44075,
expected value is 49331.
lppchk: 0504-208 Size of /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piodigest is 126236,

There is a lot of lines related to /usr/lib/lpd only.

Have you any idea how to fix that?

Thanks,

Imad

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting formatted Result log file from old 30000 lines result log<help required>

Well I have a 3000 lines result log file that contains all the machine data when it does the testing... It has 3 different section that i am intrsted in 1) starting with "20071126 11:11:11 Machine Header 1" 1000 lines... "End machine header 1" 2) starting with "20071126 12:12:12 Machine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.iet
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the result of wc -l with words before and after the result

hello showrev -p | wc -l returns: 381 What to do in case I want to have this output: number of lines returned by showrev -p is: 381 thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

3. AIX

lppchk errors: bos.rte.filesystem

Hi all, I installed AIX 5.3 (TL 5300-08-01) and after that I updated to TL 5300-09-01. The problem is that, when I issue "lppchk -v" I get the following error: # lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get execute result of su

I wrote a shell script. su user << EOF some commands result=$? EOF echo $result Other program determined by $result It outputs nothing. How to pass the variable 'result' "inside su" to "outside su"? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the result of this?

if ] (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prathimahsc
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the result of this?

ls -A $variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathimahsc
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print result of mv -n

I am trying to move files which donot have same filename using find /Users/ParijatMac/desktop/unix/new_dir -type f -mmin +"$HRS" -exec mv -n "{}" /Users/ParijatMac/desktop/unix/old_dir \; -print but i am getting all filenames including the ones with duplicate names.Please help me to sort... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: parijat guh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the current result with previous line result.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to compare current result with previous reuslt. The sample case is below. 1 job1 1 1 job2 2 1 job3 3 2 job_a1 1 2 job_a2 2 2 job_a3 3 3 job_b1 1 3 job_b2 2 for above sample file, GID is group ID, for input line, the job run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 lppchk failed

Hi, i have problem when i try to check consist of system, and I can't fix it.. outut of lppchk -v below.. oslevel -s 6100-00-01-0748 lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting expected result

Hi Experts, I have written the below script but its not working as per expectation. My requirement is if this condition ] is satisfied then only check for this condition ] if this also satisfied check for the condition ]. vi p_values.ksh path="/db/ora/files" mode=1 b_days=10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalu
5 Replies
CHECKPC(8)							  checkpc command							CHECKPC(8)

NAME
checkpc - check out the printcap database SYNOPSIS
checkpc [ -aflprsV ] [ -Aage[DHMS] ] [ -Ddebugflags ] [ -Pprinter ] [ -t size[kM] ] DESCRIPTION
Checkpc is used to check for the existence and correct permissions of entries in the printcap database. It is useful when installing a new printcap database and cleaning up existing printer spoolers. -a Do not create accounting files (:af). -f The fix flag will cause the checkpc program create and fix various files and permissions. It does this in a simple minded manner, and the program may have to be run several times until all permissions are correct. It also reports in extremely verbose details its actions. -l Do not create log files (:lf). -p Print verbose printcap information. Useful if interested in the printcap values. -r remove junk or job files older than the age set by -A. You must set the age to a non-zero value otherwise no files are removed. -s Do not create filter status files (:ps). -A Age[DHMS] Report junk or job files older than age. The age time can have a suffix days (D) hours (H), minutes (M), or seconds (S); default is days. -D debugflags Run the program with debugging flags. See the LPRng HOWTO for details of the flags actions. -V Verbose mode. -P printer Process only the specified print queue. -t size[kM] Truncate log files (:lf) to the specified size in Kbytes or Mbytes (default is Mbytes). -T serial-line set process name and start feature test ANNOYING FEATURES
If the -f(fix) option is specified and you do not run this as root, it will complain, but attempt to carry out the operations. This will lead to a large number of failures reports if the ownership and/or permissions are incorrect. FILES
The files used by LPRng are set by values in the printer configuration file and by configuration options. The following are a commonly used set of default values. /etc/lprng/lpd.conf LPRng configuration file ${HOME}/.printcap user printer description file /etc/printcap printer description file /etc/lprng/lpd.perms permissions /var/run/lprng/lpd lock file for queue control /var/spool/lpd spool directories /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/control queue control /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/log trace or debug log file /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/acct accounting file /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/status status file SEE ALSO
lpd.conf(5), lpc(8), lpd(8), lpr(1), lpq(1), lprm(1), printcap(5), lpd.perms(5), pr(1), lprng_certs(1), lprng_index_certs(1). AUTHOR
Patrick Powell <papowell@lprng.com>. DIAGNOSTICS
Most of the diagnostics are self explanatory. If you are puzzled over the exact cause of failure, set the debugging level on (-D5) and run again. The debugging information will help you to pinpoint the exact cause of failure. HISTORY
LPRng is a enhanced printer spooler system with functionality similar to the Berkeley LPR software. The LPRng developer mailing list is lprng-devel@lists.sourceforge.net; subscribe by visiting https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lprng-devel or sending mail to lprng- request@lists.sourceforge.net with the word subscribe in the body. The software is available via http://lprng.sourceforge.net LPRng 2007-02-22 CHECKPC(8)