Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to append a value seperated by comma Post 302347209 by Tuxidow on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 06:39:50 AM
Old 08-25-2009
I got it...!! Thanks for all your help...!!

Code:
awk -v val='foo' '/hello:123:/ {$0=$0 "," val}1' myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling .CSV( Comma seperated value) in awk

Hi Guys, I am trying to reading in comma seperated values in awk. I can set the delimiter to be a comma, but the tricky part is that commas that appear within quotes are not to be considered as delimiters. Could someone please help. Regards, Laud (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma Seperated List of Values

Hi, I have a comma seperated list of values: export list="red,blue,white,yellow" Given a value in a variable "look", i want to check whether the value is available in the above list. But the result should be based on exact string match and not part of the string. I am using following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: brap45
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change list to comma seperated items

I have a list of servers in a file called serverlist like this server1 server2 server3 i need to have them (with no trailing comma, the program does not like that) server1,server2,server3 so far i have been using HOSTS=/tmp/serverlist HOSTS=${HOSTS:-$(grep -Ev "^#|^$"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and then concat 4m other file (comma seperated)

My query is now a bit simplified. file1.txt names; ID; value1 ; values N; ABC; 1 ; a18 ; ... CDF; 2 ; b16 ; .. ABC; 1 ; c13 ; ...... EFG; 3 ;d12 ; ... file2.txt ID(Unique);smVals; smVal1; smVal N; 1; ...; ...; ...; 2; ..; ..; ..; 3; ..; ..; ..; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: szchmaltz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated file.

Hi, I want to remove empty/blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated files Thanks all for help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl help for comma seperated output

Hi, how can i make a comma seperated output summary. i attached the sample log file. I have to capture these data in the log file. Arcotid Time Stamp, Username, Success, Failure, Error Code, Error Message In the log snippet the userID can be found in- Code Arcot Native Server:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Comma seperated arguments

Hi How to takes coma seperated arguments and and parsing each argument to varaiable that has used further in the script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma seperated file to line seperated.

Hi, I have data like this. 1,2,3,4 Output required: 1 2 3 4 I am trying to use tr function but getting error. Help is appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in rearranging the content of a file comma seperated

I have a file with the below content a = test1 b = test2 a = test3 b= test4 c = test6 b = test5 d = test7 d = test9 Need the output to be as follows a = test1,test3 b = test2, test5 c = test6 d = test7, test9 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iron_michael86
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk comma seperated value within double quote

Hi, I have a data file separated by comma, data enclosed by "" head file.txt "HD","Sep 13 2016 1:05AM","0001" "DT","273093045","192534" "DT","273097637","192534" .. I want to get the 3rd column value (0001) to be assigned to my variable I tried FILE_VER=`cat file.txt | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
sccs-val(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       sccs-val(1)

NAME
sccs-val, val - validate an SCCS file SYNOPSIS
/usr/ccs/bin/val - /usr/ccs/bin/val [-s] [-m name] [-rsid] [-y type] s.filename... DESCRIPTION
The val utility determines if the specified s.files meet the characteristics specified by the indicated arguments. val can process up to 50 files on a single command line. val has a special argument, `-', which reads the standard input until the end-of-file condition is detected. Each line read is indepen- dently processed as if it were a command line argument list. val generates diagnostic messages on the standard output for each command line and file processed and also returns a single 8-bit code upon exit as described below. The 8-bit code returned by val is a disjunction of the possible errors, that is, it can be interpreted as a bit string where (moving from left to right) the bits set are interpreted as follows: bit 0 = missing file argument bit 1 = unknown or duplicate option bit 2 = corrupted s.file bit 3 = can not open file or file not in s.file format bit 4 = the SCCS delta ID (SID) is invalid or ambiguous bit 5 = the SID does not exist bit 6 = mismatch between %Y% and -y argument bit 7 = mismatch between %M% and -m argument val can process two or more files on a given command line, and in turn can process multiple command lines (when reading the standard input). In these cases, an aggregate code is returned which is the logical OR of the codes generated for each command line and file pro- cessed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s Silent. Suppresses the normal error or warning messages. -m name Compares name with the %M% ID keyword in the s.file. -rsid Checks to see if the indicated SID is ambiguous, invalid, or absent from the s.file. -y type Compares type with the %Y% ID keyword. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of val: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sccs(1), sccs-admin(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-get(1), sccs-help(1), what(1), sccsfile(4), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use the SCCS help command for explanations (see sccs-help(1)). SunOS 5.10 30 Sep 2002 sccs-val(1)