Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl get partial string of a string Post 302347134 by durden_tyler on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 02:27:31 AM
Old 08-25-2009
Code:
$ 
$ perl -le '$d = "12.02222222222"; $output=sprintf("%d",$d); print $output'
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Better way to match string within a string

Hi, I'm trying to get one field out of many as follows: A string of multiple fields separated with "/" characters: "/ab=12/cd=34/12=ab/34=cd/ef=pick-this.one/gh=blah/ij=something/" I want to pick up the field "ef=pick-this.one" which has no regular pattern except it starts with "ef=xxxx"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

delete line from file if successful partial string found

Id like to delete a line from a file using (preferably a single line unix command) if it contains a certain string pattern. If line contains "abcdef" then delete that line. Help greatly appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cronjob78
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Find one string, change another string.

Hi, In principle I am searching for a Perl equivalent for this sed command: sed "/TIM_AM_ARGS=/ s/60/1440/" $EDIT_FILE > $TEMP_FILE cp $TEMP_FILE $EDIT_FILE I was wondering if it needs to be like this, or that there other, shorter, alternatives: open (TIMENVFILE, "<$timenvfile") or die... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get partial numbers from a string

Hi Everyone, I have: $val="QQ3_1899_CD4". The output will be: 1899. I did $val =~ /(\d+)/g; the output is 318994, then i use substr to get those 1899. This is not efficient. Is any simple way, like just one line can do? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract partial string from path.

Hi all, i've a string $DIR=/u/user/NDE/TEST_LOGS/20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TEST_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to extract string from 2011.... i.e i need it as 20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120 as matched string, and in turn i need to split values 20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120 into two.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace partial string

I have a list of strings in file: 10 10 AAA 120 13 BBBBB 23 11 CCCCC 11 32 DDDDDD I want to replace first column of the text such as: 10, 129, 23, 11 with 11, 22, 33, 44. I can do line by line, but just not sure how to replace partial string without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ford99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace partial of string in file?

Hi Guys, I need replace part of string in a file. for example: ABC=123 CDE=122 DEF=456 ABC=123 DED=333 ABC=123 I need replace the value after ABC=, highlighted in red. I want to get following result; ABC=456 CDE=122 DEF=456 ABC=456 DED=333 ABC=456 Anybody can help me this. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove not only the duplicate string but also the keyword of the string in Perl

Hi Perl users, I have another problem with text processing in Perl. I have a file below: Linux Unix Linux Windows SUN MACOS SUN SUN HP-AUX I want the result below: Unix Windows SUN MACOS HP-AUX so the duplicate string will be removed and also the keyword of the string on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askari
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk partial string match and add specific fields

Trying to combine strings that are a partial match to another in $1 (usually below it). If a match is found than the $2 value is added to the $2 value of the match and the $3 value is added to the $3 value of the match. I am not sure how to do this and need some expert help. Thank you :). file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search partial string in a file and replace the string - UNIX

I have the below string which i need to compare with a file and replace this string in the file which matches closely. Can anyone help me on this. string(Scenario 1)- user::r--,user::ourfrd:r-- String(Scenario 2)- user::r-- File **** # file: /local/Desktop/myfile # owner: me # group:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
6 Replies
ldns(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   ldns(3)

NAME
ldns_rr_print, ldns_rdf_print, ldns_pkt_print, ldns_rr_list_print, ldns_resolver_print, ldns_zone_print- SYNOPSIS
#include <stdint.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <ldns/ldns.h> void ldns_rr_print(FILE *output, const ldns_rr *rr); void ldns_rdf_print(FILE *output, const ldns_rdf *rdf); void ldns_pkt_print(FILE *output, const ldns_pkt *pkt); void ldns_rr_list_print(FILE *output, const ldns_rr_list *list); void ldns_resolver_print(FILE *output, const ldns_resolver *r); void ldns_zone_print(FILE *output, const ldns_zone *z); DESCRIPTION
ldns_rr_print() Prints the data in the resource record to the given file stream (in presentation format) output: the file stream to print to rr: the resource record to print Returns void ldns_rdf_print() Prints the data in the rdata field to the given file stream (in presentation format) output: the file stream to print to rdf: the rdata field to print Returns void ldns_pkt_print() Prints the data in the DNS packet to the given file stream (in presentation format) output: the file stream to print to pkt: the packet to print Returns void ldns_rr_list_print() print a rr_list to output output: the fd to print to list: the rr_list to print ldns_resolver_print() Print a resolver (in sofar that is possible) state to output. output: the fd to print to r: the resolver to print ldns_zone_print() Print a zone structure * to output. Note the SOA record is included in this output output: the fd to print to z: the zone to print AUTHOR
The ldns team at NLnet Labs. Which consists out of Jelte Jansen and Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs to ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl or in our bugzilla at http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/bugs/index.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2006 NLnet Labs. Licensed under the BSD License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ldns_rr2str, ldns_rdf2str, ldns_pkt2str, ldns_rr_list2str, ldns_key2str. And perldoc Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC4033, RFC4034 and RFC4035. REMARKS
This manpage was automaticly generated from the ldns source code by use of Doxygen and some perl. 30 May 2006 ldns(3)