Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Check free space in Solaris Volume Manager Post 302347109 by abhaymittal003 on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 01:29:58 AM
Old 08-25-2009
If it is mounted as file system then Check using #df -h

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to resize a logical volume to free up some space using sam?

Hey all, is it possible to free up space off some partitions? during an install of hp-ux i set some allocated diskspace to lets say, /home to 1024 mb, but now i want it to be 512mb.. I'm looking at sam right now at the "Disks and File Systems" menu , can i modify it at all in like, List-> file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Disk Mirror in Solaris 9 via Solaris Volume Manager

Hello, I am trying to do mirror in solaris 9. I have total 0-7 disks 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 Drive 0 and Drive 4 = Boot Drives Need to Mirror following drives. Drive 1 and Drive 5 = Need to mirror Drive 1 was mounted on: /prod1, /prod2, /prod3, /prod4, /prod5. Then i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to resize mirror volume in veritas volume manager 3.5 on Solaris 9 OE

Hi all, I have a problem with vxvm volume which is mirror with two disks. when i am try to increase file system, it is throwing an ERROR: can not allocate 5083938 blocks, ERROR: can not able to run vxassist on this volume. Please find a sutable solutions. Thanks and Regards B. Nageswar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarb
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Veritas volume manager in solaris.

Can you please let me know the certification code for veritas volume manager in solaris ? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Volume Manager

Hello All, I have small doubt. It's related to SVM in solaris 10. I have created raid 0 (striping) using 3 slices of 500 MB size (default interlace value as 32KB) d2: Concat/Stripe ---- Interlace value is 32 KB Size: 2923830 blocks (1.4 GB) Stripe 0: (interlace: 64 blocks) Device Start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhav.kanchan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Volume manager

Hi Friends, I have to migrate my raid-1 volume to raid -5 online. Can anyone please help me, If possible then send me the step by step commands for online migration. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

7. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris volume manager- stripe?

Hello Admins.. I am going through solaris volume manager guide for RAID-0 concatenation and stripes, I do not understand the concept of stripe from following example of concatenation. There is an eample for concatenation: # metainit d25 1 1 c0t1d0s2 d25: Concat/Stripe is setup the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

9. Fedora

Need to incrwase PHYSICAL VOLUME space on hard drive with free space on it

Hi, I run Fedora 17. I created a physical volume of 30GB on a disk with 60GB of space so there is 30GB of free space. On the physical volume, I created my volume group and logical volumes. I assigned all the space in the physical volume to my volume group. I need to add the 30GB of free space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies
showmount(1M)															     showmount(1M)

NAME
showmount - show all remote mounts SYNOPSIS
[host] DESCRIPTION
lists all clients that have remotely mounted a file system from host. This information is maintained by the server on host (see mountd(1M)). The default value for host is the value returned by (see hostname(1)). Options Print all remote mounts in the format where hostname is the name of the client, and directory is the root of the file system that has been mounted. List directories that have been remotely mounted by clients. Print the list of shared file systems. WARNINGS
If a client crashes, executing on the server will show that the client still has a file system mounted. In other words, stale entries may accumulate for clients that crash without sending an unmount request. Also, if a client mounts the same remote directory twice, only one entry appears in Doing a of one of these directories removes the single entry and no longer indicates that the remote directory is mounted. FILES
remote mounted filesystem table AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
hostname(1), mountd(1M), share(1M), share_nfs(1M), rmtab(4). showmount(1M)